• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

Thanks RabbiO.

בקש שלום ורדפהו
"Ask for peace and chase it."

Peace always,
Stephen Andrew

Last edited:

In Hebrew, that is how is how you express the concept of Davidic. Again, ancient Hebrew is not English. The way ideas are expressed and even written is not like English. In Hebrew there is no "ic" in a statement. That is an part of the English language. I am translating the idea to you from Hebrew to English.

The text, in Hebrew, is the best arguement that it isn't talking about David himself, or him coming back from the dead. Again, if someone wants to ignore the Hebrew text and make up their own idea, foreign to the text, we Jews are warned to stay away from their conept.
In Christian point of view the idea that it actually means Davidic is actually better. I would not have anything against it. However, I think it just doesn't fit to these scriptures to replace the word David, with Davidic. Better alternative would be for example beloved, which is what David also means.

My servant David shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my ordinances, and observe my statutes, and do them. They shall dwell in the land that I have given to Jacob my servant, in which your fathers lived; and they shall dwell therein, they, and their children, and their children's children, forever: and David my servant shall be their prince for ever.
Ezek. 37:24-25
Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it. It shall come to pass in that day, says Yahweh of Hosts, that I will break his yoke from off your neck, and will burst your bonds; and strangers shall no more make him their bondservant; but they shall serve Yahweh their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up to them. Therefore don't you be afraid, O Jacob my servant, says Yahweh; neither be dismayed, Israel: for, behold, I will save you from afar, and your seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be quiet and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.
Jer. 30:7-10

Ehav4Ever

However, I think it just doesn't fit to these scriptures to replace the word David, with Davidic. Better alternative would be for example beloved, which is what David also means.
It may not fit into the translation you have provided because of the source of the translation. What a Jew would do is take the Hebrew text and translate directly from that rather than use an already established Christian translation.

It may not fit into the translation you have provided because of the source of the translation. What a Jew would do is take the Hebrew text and translate directly from that rather than use an already established Christian translation.
I would like to see how a Jew would translate the whole scripture. Difficult to believe all the words could be changed to means something else than what is in the common English translations.

Ehav4Ever

I would like to see how a Jew would translate the whole scripture. Difficult to believe all the words could be changed to means something else than what is in the common English translations.
The problem you face is that all translation from Hebrew to English, done by Jews, requires commentary to explain the context of the translation. Translation of word to word is not an accurate method for many ancient text. One has to translate the concepts also. If you for example, look at the following link you will see a Jewish translation where you can turn off and on the commentary of Rashi (Rabbi Shlomo Yitzchaki) (1040 – 1105 CE).

You notice that Rashi's commentary, in the brown background is based on Midrash that go in a different direction than what you wrote about. I breifly mentioned it earlier. There are other commentaries that go in a different direction than Rashi.

Ehav4Ever

The following may also help.

1722238275325.png

1722238357233.png

Thanks, but I was speaking about these:

My servant David shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my ordinances, and observe my statutes, and do them. They shall dwell in the land that I have given to Jacob my servant, in which your fathers lived; and they shall dwell therein, they, and their children, and their children's children, forever: and David my servant shall be their prince for ever.
Ezek. 37:24-25
Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it. It shall come to pass in that day, says Yahweh of Hosts, that I will break his yoke from off your neck, and will burst your bonds; and strangers shall no more make him their bondservant; but they shall serve Yahweh their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up to them. Therefore don't you be afraid, O Jacob my servant, says Yahweh; neither be dismayed, Israel: for, behold, I will save you from afar, and your seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be quiet and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.
Jer. 30:7-10

However, Psalm 110:1 is also interesting. Sorry, I find it difficult to think it could mean Abraham, because there is nothing in text indicating that. More probable would be that it is someone else than David speaking about David, but even that is quite difficult to confirm.

Ehav4Ever

Luke 8 - Jesus Can't be the Suffering Servant of Isaiah - with Rabbi Michael Skobac 1827

Ebionite

Luke 8 - Jesus Can't be the Suffering Servant of Isaiah - with Rabbi Michael Skobac 1827

It wasn't Jesus who was speaking at the trial. According to Isaiah 53 the righteous servant was taken from prison and from judgment.

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

To me the Logic of The Kingdom of The Divine Will of God is in the New Kingdom. We become united from the Divine Spirit will of The Creator, God, The Father through the flesh to the soul of our own New Creation, in the being of The Body of God as immortal and incorruptible and then becoming again as glorified and transfigured into His Image.

We know John The Baptizer was asked by the leaders if he was Elijah. To me John the Baptist was a humble man and simply answered, that, “No I am Not Elijah.” For he knew he was John the Baptist and not Elijah. And we know Elijah must come before the King.

In logic to me John the Baptist is Elijah. Jesus said St. John the Baptist is Elijah in Spirit and Power. In The New Kingdom, through The New Creation, in Baptism we become sanctified from the spirit through the flesh for the soul of the being as immortal and incorruptible from the mortal and corruptible flesh and spirit in the souls of the bodies from Adam and Eve. And in our own Body of Divinity as united as one in being together with the Father and The Son from the spirit through the flesh for the soul of the Bodies of all mankind, we will become again in Communion with Him in re-Sanctification and re-Confirmation of the Will of The Father through Penance and Sacrifice. To me the logic is that in the New Kingdom of The Divine Will of The Creator, God, The Father we will become again His image as glorified and transfigured, in the Fulfilled Faith and Morality through His Passion, Fulfilled Eternal Love.

Through the Powers of the Divine Will, it is not the "AI" that is first created from the first mortal flesh and spirit that is failed and defiled and corrupt and riddled with internal temptation and choice. The logic of becoming again is becoming the "RI" Real Intelligence of the Divine Spirit of Creation that transforms and transfigures the Body becoming again into His image as united as one in being together with the Father and the Son as Glorified. To me in logic, transformation and transfiguration is the Will that will never fail and will manifest through the Power of The Kingdom of The Divine Will in eternity as infallible logic and applied to Creation. In logic the Divine Will is what would The Creator, God The Father, do in all cases of fulfilled Faith and Morality.

To me, in logic, the Second coming of the Body of God is in the transfiguration by the real intelligence as united as one in being.

Peace always,
Stephen Andrew

Last edited: