• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Day of Judgement(Qiyamah)

Judgement Day

Where the Sun goes

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Zar that the Messenger of Allah
saw23X22.gif
one day said, "Do you know where the Sun goes?" They replied, "Allah and his apostle know best." He (The Holy Prophet
saw23X22.gif
) observed, "Verily it (the sun) glides till it reaches its resting place under the throne. Then it falls prostrate and remains there until it is told, 'Rise up and go to the place whence you came' and it goes back."

Then it continues emerging out from its rising place and then glides till it reaches its place of rest under the throne where it falls prostrate and remains in that state until it is told, 'Rise up and return to the place whence you came.' And it returns and emerges out of it's rising place and then it glides (in such a normal way) that the people do not discern anything (unusual in it) till it reaches its resting place under the throne. Then it would be said to it, 'Rise up and emerge from the place of your setting,' and it will rise from the place of its setting." The Messenger of Allah
saw23X22.gif
said "Do you know when it will happen? It will happen at the time when faith will not benefit anyone who has not previously believed or has derived no good from the faith." (Muslim)

Worshippers during the night will remain till the sun rises from the West
Abdullah-b-Abu-Owfa reported that I heard the Messenger of Allah
saw23X22.gif
say, "Verily a night will come upon the people which is equivalent of three of your nights. When it comes those that engage themselves in worship during the night will recognise it. One of them will stand in prayer, read his Hizb (The normal amount he has made the habit of reading) and then go to sleep. Thereafter he will wake up (for the second time) read his Hizb in prayer and go to sleep. While this is the situation the people will begin to shout, scream and call one another. They will say, "What's this?" With fear they will run to the mosque. To their surprise they will see that the sun has risen from the west. When it reaches the middle of the sky it will return and set in the west." He said, "That is when Imaan will not benefit anyone (who brings faith after seeing the sign)." (An-Nihaya)

Everyone will bring faith in seeing the sign
Narrated by Abu Huraira (R.A), "Allah's Messenger said, 'The hour will not come until the sun rises from the west; and when the people see it, then whoever will be living on the surface of the Earth will have faith, and that is (the time) when no good will it do to a person to believe then, if he believed not before." (Bukhari) The real basis of faith is that man believes in the unseen realities on the authority of the Messenger of Allah. But when Allah manifests such startling and visible signs which herald the approach of the last hour and by which the veil of the unseen is rent asunder, then the belief becomes meaningless. The rising of the sun from the west will be of great disturbance to nature and will shake the mind of every man and awaken him to see for himself the great power of Allah. At this time the belief of the unseen will lose its importance.

Judgement Day

Door of Repentance Closed

Once the sun has risen from the west the door of repentance will be closed and will remain closed until the Day of Judgement. If any infidel embraces Islam or any Muslim repents and seeks forgiveness for his sins any time after the rising of the sun from the west till the Day of Judgement, it will not be accepted.

The Messenger of Allah
saw23X22.gif
said, "Verily Allah extends his hand at night so that the sinners of the day may repent and verily extends his hand during the day so that the sinners of the night may repent. (He will keep on doing this) as long as the sun does not rise from the west." (Abu-Musa al-Ashari/ Muslim)

The Prophet
saw23X22.gif
said, "Allah has built a door of repentance in the west the breadth of which is seventy years and it will not close as long as the sun does not rise from the west." (Safwan-b-Assal / Tirmidhi)

The above Ahadith have clearly specified that the extreme limit of the acceptance of repentance is till the sun rises from the west. Once it has risen it will not be accepted.

Ibne Hajar has mentioned many Ahadith which prove that the door of repentance will remain closed till the Day of Judgement and thereafter writes, ''These narration's give strength to one another, agreeing completely in that when the sun rises from the west the door of repentance will be closed and will not be opened thereafter. And this is not specific with that day but will prolong till the Day of Judgement.'' (Fathul- Bari)

Judgement Day

The Beast

The Beast is also a major sign of Qiyamah. Allah says in the Qur'an, "And when the word is fulfilled concerning them. We shall bring forth a Beast of the Earth to speak unto them because mankind had no faith in our revelation." (Surah An-Naml)

Abdullah-b-Umar said, "I memorised a Hadith from the Messenger of Allah
saw23X22.gif
which I have not forgotten. I heard the Messenger of Allah
saw23X22.gif
saying, 'The first of the signs that will come is the rising of the sun from the place of its setting and the emergence of the Beast upon the people. Whichever of these two occurs before the other then the other is right behind it." (Muslim)

Commentating on the above verse Ibne Kathir has said that the beast will appear very near the end of time. When disintegration, corruption, kufr and evil prevail, commands of Allah are ignored, the Deen changed and made a mockery of, it is then Allah will take out the Beast from the earth. (Ibne Kathir)

Imam Hakim in the light of the above Hadith has said that the rising of the sun from the west will take place before the emergence of the Beast. The Beast will appear on the same day the sun has risen from the west or very soon thereafter. Ibne Hajar after quoting Imam Hakim mentions, "The wisdom in the Beast appearing after the sun has risen from the west is that the door of repentance will close at the time the sun rises from the west. Thus the Beast will emerge to distinguish the believers from the non-believers completing the aim of closing the door of repentance." (Fathul-Bari)

Task
The task of the Beast will be to distinguish the believers from the non-believers, with Prophet Moosa's staff it will draw a line on the forehead of every believer whereby his face will become bright and luminous and with the ring of Sulaman it will seal the nose of every non-believer where by his whole face will become black. Thus there will be complete distinction between the Muslim and non-Muslirn, so that if many parties sit at a dinner table, the Muslim and non-Muslirn will be distinguished. (Abu Huraira-Musnad Ahmad/Tirmidhi)

The Beast will also talk to people. It will say, "Mankind had no faith in our revelations." (Ibne Kathir)

Place of emergence
Many opinions have been expressed as regards to the place the Beast will come out from. A few are listed:
1) It will come out from Al-Masjid Al-Haraam in Makkah. This opinion is based on the hadith reported by Tabrani on the authority of Hudhaifa-b-Usaid.
2) It will come out three times, from some desert and then go back into hiding, then from some village and finally from Al-Masjid Al-Haraam.
There are many other opinions most of them report that it will come out from the Haram of Makkah. (See Tadkirah and Al-Isha'ah)

Nature of the Beast
Many different opinions have been expressed as to the nature of the Beast and the type of animal it is. A few are shared and explained.
1) Some Ulama are of the opinion that the Beast to come before the end of time is the very animal which has been mentioned in the Hadith of Fatimah-b-Qais. Known as the Jassasa (spy) seen by Tamim Dari and his companions from the tribes of Lakhm and Juzaam on the same Island as the Dajjal. This is related of being the opinion of the Sahabi Abdullah-b-Amr-b-al-Aas. (Nawawee's commentary on Muslim)

Fatimah-bin-Qais reported, "I heard the proclaimer of the Messenger of Allah
saw23X22.gif
proclaiming (for) 'Congregational Prayer'. I came out of the mosque and prayed with the Prophet
saw23X22.gif
. When he finished his prayer, he sat upon the pulpit smiling and said, 'Let every man remain in his seat.' Then he said, 'Do you know why I have called you together?' They replied, 'Allah and his Messenger know best.' He said, 'By Allah, I have not called you together for hope or for fear, but I have called you together because Tamim Dari a Christian came and embraced Islam. He narrated a story to me which agreed with the account I have given to you about the Dajjal (Anti-Christ). He informed me that he had embarked upon a sea-boat with thirty men of Lakhm and Jozam. Then the sea waves played with them for a month and threw them onto an island when the sun was about to set. They sat in a small side boat and entered the Island. A beast with very coarse hair met them. They could not tell its front from its back due to its excessive hair. They asked, 'Woe to thee! Who art thou?" It replied, 'I am a spy. Go to the man in the monastery, as he is eager to have your information.' He said, 'When it named a man for us, we fled away from it lest it might be the devil.' We hurriedly went on till we entered the monastery and found a big-bodied man whom we did never see before. He was firmly tied up, his hands tied to his neck, the place between his knees, and joints tied up with iron chains." (Muslim)

Camel
2) Some scholars are of the opinion that it is the young of the she camel of the Prophet Salih. Imam Al-Qurtubi holds the same opinion, he writes in his commentary of the Qur'an, "The first opinion (regarding the Beast) is that it is the young of the she-camel of the Prophet Salih. This is the most correct view and opinion. Allah knows best."

Judgement Day

Opinion Explained

The people of Thamud were Arabs who lived a couple of hundred years after the Prophet Noah in a place called Hijr which today is known as Madaain Salih in the North of Arabia near Tabuk. Blessed in provisions and livelihoods their land was fertile with green gardens and running springs and they skilfully carved spacious houses out of mountains. They were ungrateful to Allah as they worshiped the stone idols they carved with their very own hands. Thus Allah honoured Salih from amongst them with Prophethood and sent him as a Messenger to the people of Thamud to bring them out of darkness into light. Salih conveyed the message of Allah day and night and called them to the worship of Allah with wisdom and kind-heartedness but the people of Thamud decided to remain blind. Finally, they like the communities before them asked to see a miracle. They said, ' O Salih take out a ten month pregnant she-camel from a mountain which then gives birth to a young that has the same body and stature as the mother.' Having seen the miracle they refused to believe. The she-carnel was a sign of Allah, very large and unusual in form and the people were warned that they would be destroyed if they treated it with evil. All the other animals were afraid of Prophet Salih's camel and would run away whenever she and its young came to drink water. Thus bounds were arranged. However, after a very short period they broke the agreement and decided to kill the camel of Allah. A group hid waiting for the camel on its return from the well with its child. Shooting an arrow they injured it and finally killed it paving the way for the destruction of the entire community. On seeing its mother in trouble the child fled to the mountains and disappeared. This young is referred to in the second opinion.

Extraordinary Animal
3) Some are of the opinion that the Beast to come is an animal that has features of many different animals. The same is reported from Abu Zubair. Describing the Beast he has reported that, "Its head is like that of a bull, eyes like that of a pig, ears like that of an elephant, horns like that of a stag, neck like that of an ostrich, chest like a lion, colour like that of a tiger, flanks like that of a cat, tail like that of a ram, feet and legs like that of a camel and a distance of 12 cubits between every two joints." (Tadhkirah)

Snake
Some scholars are of the opinion it is the Snake which guarded the Holy Ka'bah. Imam Al-Qurtubi relates this as being the opinion of Ibne Abbas. (Al-Qurtubi) Obeying Allah's command the Prophet Ibraheem with the help of his son Ismail built the Holy Ka'bah. He dug a well inside the Holy Ka'bah which was to the right of who entered it and acted as a safe to all the gifts that were presented to the Ka'bah which were kept inside it. At the time of Jurhum the gold and silver were stolen many times from the Kabah thus the tribe of Jurhum decided to choose a man amongst them to keep guard. Unfortunately, one day the guard himself decided to steal the gifts of the Kabah. Taking the opportunity as it came he climbed down the well and began to gather what he could in a piece of cloth. While he was busy Allah sent a stone on him, which closed the well and thus he was unable to escape. From that day Allah sent a snake to guard the Ka'bah. The snake lived in the well guarding the gifts of the Ka'bah for over 500 years. Exposed to the wearing factors of nature the walls of the Ka'bah at the time of Quraish (slightly before the time Prophet
saw23X22.gif
received Prophethood) had become weak and part of the covering had also burnt, thus the Quraish decided to rebuild the Ka'bah. However, the snake prevented them from demolishing the Holy Ka'bah every time they tried. Finally they stood at the Place of Ibrahim and prayed, "Oh Allah if you are happy in its rebuilding then make it possible and take care of this snake." Allah sent an eagle which took the snake towards Ajyaad. This snake is referred to in the forth opinion. (Tarikh-Makka)

Many other opinions have been expressed as regards to the nature of the Beast. However, finding myself inclined towards Abu Amr Uthman Ibne Sa'd al-Mukri ad-Dani's opinion I conclude with his words, "There are many narration's in regards to the physical description, length, and nature of the Beast but most of these are Mawqoof on the Sahaba or those after them. As for those that are Marfoo only a few are sound thus we cannot assert anything in regard of its description and nature except that which is proven from the authentic Marfoo narration's and that it is a huge creature that will come out from the Earth, a beast other than man, nobody will be able to escape it. It will stamp the Muslim by writing 'believer' between his eyes, and stamp the non-Muslim by writing Kafir between his eyes." (As-Sunan Al-Waridah Fil-Fitan)

Judgement Day

The Fire

The last major sign to appear before the Day of Judgement is the fire which will come out from the Yemen and gather the people in the place of their assembly.

In the Hadith of Hudaifa-b-Usaid regarding the Major signs the Prophet
saw23X22.gif
said, "At the end of which a fire would burn out from Yemen and would drive people to the place of their assembly." (Muslim)

Narrated by Abu Huraira (R.A) the Prophet
saw23X22.gif
said, "The people will be gathered in three ways:

1.The first way will be of those who will wish or have a hope (for paradise) and will have a fear (of punishment).
2.The second batch will be those who will gather riding, two on a camel or three on a camel or ten on a camel.
3.The third batch will be the rest of the people who will be urged to gather by the fire which will accompany them at the time of their afternoon nap and stay with them where they will spend the night, and will be with them in the morning wherever they may be then, and will be with them in the afternoon wherever they may be then. (Bukhari)

Judgement Day

Bibliography

Bukhari
Muhammad Ibne Ismael

Muslim Muslim Ibne al-Hajaj
Tirmidhi Abu Isa Muhammad Ibne Isa
Nasai Abu Abdurrahman Ahmed Ibne Ali
Abu Daud Abu Sulaiman Ibne al-Ashath
IbneMajah Abu Abdullah Muhammad IbneYazid
Sahih lbne Kbuzaimah Muhammad Ibne Ishaq
Al-Mustadrak Abu Abdullah al Hakim
Kanzul-Ummal Ali Muttaqi al-Hindi
Musnad Ahmad Ahmad Ibne Hanbal
Mishkat Muhammad Ibne Abdullah at-Tabrezi
Tabrani Abul Qasim Sulaiman Ibne Ahmad
Balhaqi Ahmad Ibne al- Husayn
Darequtni Abul Hasan Ali Ibne Umar
Al- Fathurrabbani Ahmad Abdurrahman al-Bannah
An- Nihaya Ibne Kathir
Al- Fitan Nuaaim Ibne Hammad
Al- Isha'ah Sharif Muhammad Ibne Rasul
Al-Iza'ah Muhammad Sadeeq Hasan
Itihaful Jama'ah Hamood Ibne Abdullah at-Tuwejri
Al-Bidayah Wan- Nihayah Ibne Kathir
At-Tadhkirah Imam al- Qurtubi
Tafseer Imam Ibne Kathir
Tafseer Imam al -Qurtubi
Tafseer Imam Tabari
Sharh of Muslim Imam Nawwavi
Fathul Bari Ibne Hajar
Qassasul Qura'n Sheikh Hifzurrahman
Ashratus-Sa'ah Yusuf Ibne Abdullah Ibne Yusuf
Tarikh Makkah Abu Abdullah Muhammad Ibne Ishaq al-Fakihi
Akhbar Makkah Abul-Waleed Muhammad lbne Abdullah al-Azruqi
As-Sunan Al-Waridah Fil-Fitan Abu Amr Uthman Ibne Sa'd al-Muqri

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 507:

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "Allah will gather the believers on the Day of Resurrection in the same way (as they are gathered in this life), and they will say, 'Let us ask someone to intercede for us with our Lord that He may relieve us from this place of ours.' Then they will go to Adam and say, 'O Adam! Don't you see the people (people's condition)? Allah created you with His Own Hands and ordered His angels to prostrate before you, and taught you the names of all the things. Please intercede for us with our Lord so that He may relieve us from this place of ours.' Adam will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking' and mention to them the mistakes he had committed, and add, "But you d better go to Noah as he was the first Apostle sent by Allah to the people of the Earth.' They will go to Noah who will reply, 'I am not fit for this undertaking,' and mention the mistake which he made, and add, 'But you'd better go to Abraham, Khalil Ar-Rahman.'

They will go to Abraham who will reply, 'I am not fit for this undertaking,' and mention to them the mistakes he made, and add, 'But you'd better go to Moses, a slave whom Allah gave the Torah and to whom He spoke directly' They will go to Moses who will reply, 'I am not fit for this undertaking,' and mention to them the mistakes he made, and add, 'You'd better go to Jesus, Allah's slave and His Apostle and His Word (Be: And it was) and a soul created by Him.' They will go to Jesus who will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking, but you'd better go to Muhammad whose sins of the past and the future had been forgiven (by Allah).' So they will come to me and I will ask the permission of my Lord, and I will be permitted (to present myself) before Him. When I see my Lord, I will fall down in (prostration) before Him and He will leave me (in prostration) as long as He wishes, and then it will be said to me, 'O Muhammad! Raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to; and ask, for you will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.' I will then raise my head and praise my Lord with certain praises which He has taught me, and then I will intercede. Allah will allow me to intercede (for a certain kind of people) and will fix a limit whom I will admit into Paradise.

I will come back again, and when I see my Lord (again), I will fall down in prostration before Him, and He will leave me (in prostration) as long as He wishes, and then He will say, 'O Muhammad! Raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to; and ask, for you will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.' I will then praise my Lord with certain praises which He has taught me, and then I will intercede. Allah will allow me to intercede (for a certain kind of people) and will fix a limit to whom I will admit into Paradise, I will return again, and when I see my Lord, I will fall down (in prostration) and He will leave me (in prostration) as long as He wishes, and then He will say, 'O Muhammad! Raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to, and ask, for you will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.' I will then praise my Lord with certain praises which He has taught me, and then I will intercede. Allah will allow me to intercede (for a certain kind of people) and will fix a limit to whom I will admit into Paradise. I will come back and say, 'O my Lord! None remains in Hell (Fire) but those whom Qur'an has imprisoned therein and for whom eternity in Hell (Fire) has become inevitable.' "

The Prophet added, "There will come out of Hell (Fire) everyone who says: 'La ilaha illal-lah,' and has in his heart good equal to the weight of a barley grain. Then there will come out of Hell (Fire) everyone who says: ' La ilaha illal-lah,' and has in his heart good equal to the weight of a wheat grain. Then there will come out of Hell (Fire) everyone who says: 'La ilaha illal-lah,' and has in his heart good equal to the weight of an atom (or a smallest ant)."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 479:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "On the Day of Resurrection Allah will hold the whole earth and fold the heaven with His right hand and say, 'I am the King: where are the kings of the earth?" '

(Sahih Bukhari)

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 531:

Narrated Jarir: Narrated 'Ata' bin Yazid Al-Laithi:

On the authority of Abu Huraira: The people said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?" The Prophet said, "Do you have any difficulty in seeing the moon on a full moon night?" They said, "No, O Allah's Apostle." He said, "Do you have any difficulty in seeing the sun when there are no clouds?" They said, "No, O Allah's Apostle." He said, "So you will see Him, like that. Allah will gather all the people on the Day of Resurrection, and say, 'Whoever worshipped something (in the world) should follow (that thing),' so, whoever worshipped the sun will follow the sun, and whoever worshiped the moon will follow the moon, and whoever used to worship certain (other false) deities, he will follow those deities. And there will remain only this nation with its good people (or its hypocrites). (The sub-narrator, Ibrahim is in doubt.) Allah will come to them and say, 'I am your Lord.' They will (deny Him and) say, 'We will stay here till our Lord comes, for when our Lord comes, we will recognize Him.' So Allah will come to them in His appearance which they know, and will say, 'I am your Lord.' They will say, 'You are our Lord,' so they will follow Him.

Then a bridge will be laid across Hell (Fire)' I and my followers will be the first ones to go across it and none will speak on that Day except the Apostles. And the invocation of the Apostles on that Day will be, 'O Allah, save! Save!' In Hell (or over The Bridge) there will be hooks like the thorns of As-Sa'dan (thorny plant). Have you seen As-Sa'dan? " They replied, "Yes, O Allah's Apostle!" He said, "So those hooks look like the thorns of As-Sa'dan, but none knows how big they are except Allah. Those hooks will snap the people away according to their deeds. Some of the people will stay in Hell (be destroyed) because of their (evil) deeds, and some will be cut or torn by the hooks (and fall into Hell) and some will be punished and then relieved. When Allah has finished His Judgments among the people, He will take whomever He will out of Hell through His Mercy. He will then order the angels to take out of the Fire all those who used to worship none but Allah from among those whom Allah wanted to be merciful to and those who testified (in the world) that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah. The angels will recognize them in the Fire by the marks of prostration (on their foreheads), for the Fire will eat up all the human body except the mark caused by prostration as Allah has forbidden the Fire to eat the mark of prostration. They will come out of the (Hell) Fire, completely burnt and then the water of life will be poured over them and they will grow under it as does a seed that comes in the mud of the torrent.

Then Allah will finish the judgments among the people, and there will remain one man facing the (Hell) Fire and he will be the last person among the people of Hell to enter Paradise. He will say, 'O my Lord! Please turn my face away from the fire because its air has hurt me and its severe heat has burnt me.' So he will invoke Allah in the way Allah will wish him to invoke, and then Allah will say to him, 'If I grant you that, will you then ask for anything else?' He will reply, 'No, by Your Power, (Honor) I will not ask You for anything else.' He will give his Lord whatever promises and covenants Allah will demand.

So Allah will turn his face away from Hell (Fire). When he will face Paradise and will see it, he will remain quiet for as long as Allah will wish him to remain quiet, then he will say, 'O my Lord! Bring me near to the gate of Paradise.' Allah will say to him, 'Didn't you give your promises and covenants that you would never ask for anything more than what you had been given? Woe on you, O Adam's son! How treacherous you are!' He will say, 'O my lord,' and will keep on invoking Allah till He says to him, 'If I give what you are asking, will you then ask for anything else?' He will reply, 'No, by Your (Honor) Power, I will not ask for anything else.'

Then he will give covenants and promises to Allah and then Allah will bring him near to the gate of Paradise. When he stands at the gate of Paradise, Paradise will be opened and spread before him, and he will see its splendor and pleasures whereupon he will remain quiet as long as Allah will wish him to remain quiet, and then he will say, O my Lord! Admit me into Paradise.' Allah will say, 'Didn't you give your covenants and promises that you would not ask for anything more than what you had been given?' Allah will say, 'Woe on you, O Adam's son! How treacherous you are! '

The man will say, 'O my Lord! Do not make me the most miserable of Your creation,' and he will keep on invoking Allah till Allah will laugh because of his sayings, and when Allah will laugh because of him, He will say to him, 'Enter Paradise,' and when he will enter it, Allah will say to him, 'Wish for anything.' So he will ask his Lord, and he will wish for a great number of things, for Allah Himself will remind him to wish for certain things by saying, '(Wish for) so-and-so.' When there is nothing more to wish for, Allah will say, 'This is for you, and its equal (is for you) as well."

'Ata' bin Yazid added: Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri who was present with Abu Huraira, did not deny whatever the latter said, but when Abu Huraira said that Allah had said, "That is for you and its equal as well," Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri said, "And ten times as much, O Abu Huraira!" Abu Huraira said, "I do not remember, except his saying, 'That is for you and its equal as well.'" Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri then said, "I testify that I remember the Prophet saying, 'That is for you, and ten times as much.' ' Abu Huraira then added, "That man will be the last person of the people of Paradise to enter Paradise."

(Sahih Bukhari)

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 532s:

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri: We said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?" He said, "Do you have any difficulty in seeing the sun and the moon when the sky is clear?" We said, "No." He said, "So you will have no difficulty in seeing your Lord on that Day as you have no difficulty in seeing the sun and the moon (in a clear sky)." The Prophet then said, "Somebody will then announce, 'Let every nation follow what they used to worship.' So the companions of the cross will go with their cross, and the idolators (will go) with their idols, and the companions of every god (false deities) (will go) with their god, till there remain those who used to worship Allah, both the obedient ones and the mischievous ones, and some of the people of the Scripture. Then Hell will be presented to them as if it were a mirage. Then it will be said to the Jews, "What did you use to worship?' They will reply, 'We used to worship Ezra, the son of Allah.' It will be said to them, 'You are liars, for Allah has neither a wife nor a son. What do you want (now)?' They will reply, 'We want You to provide us with water.' Then it will be said to them 'Drink,' and they will fall down in Hell (instead). Then it will be said to the Christians, 'What did you use to worship?'

They will reply, 'We used to worship Messiah, the son of Allah.' It will be said, 'You are liars, for Allah has neither a wife nor a son. What: do you want (now)?' They will say, 'We want You to provide us with water.' It will be said to them, 'Drink,' and they will fall down in Hell (instead). When there remain only those who used to worship Allah (Alone), both the obedient ones and the mischievous ones, it will be said to them, 'What keeps you here when all the people have gone?' They will say, 'We parted with them (in the world) when we were in greater need of them than we are today, we heard the call of one proclaiming, 'Let every nation follow what they used to worship,' and now we are waiting for our Lord.' Then the Almighty will come to them in a shape other than the one which they saw the first time, and He will say, 'I am your Lord,' and they will say, 'You are not our Lord.' And none will speak: to Him then but the Prophets, and then it will be said to them, 'Do you know any sign by which you can recognize Him?' They will say. 'The Shin,' and so Allah will then uncover His Shin whereupon every believer will prostrate before Him and there will remain those who used to prostrate before Him just for showing off and for gaining good reputation. These people will try to prostrate but their backs will be rigid like one piece of a wood (and they will not be able to prostrate). Then the bridge will be laid across Hell." We, the companions of the Prophet said, "O Allah's Apostle! What is the bridge?'

He said, "It is a slippery (bridge) on which there are clamps and (Hooks like) a thorny seed that is wide at one side and narrow at the other and has thorns with bent ends. Such a thorny seed is found in Najd and is called As-Sa'dan. Some of the believers will cross the bridge as quickly as the wink of an eye, some others as quick as lightning, a strong wind, fast horses or she-camels. So some will be safe without any harm; some will be safe after receiving some scratches, and some will fall down into Hell (Fire). The last person will cross by being dragged (over the bridge)." The Prophet said, "You (Muslims) cannot be more pressing in claiming from me a right that has been clearly proved to be yours than the believers in interceding with Almighty for their (Muslim) brothers on that Day, when they see themselves safe.

They will say, 'O Allah! (Save) our brothers (for they) used to pray with us, fast with us and also do good deeds with us.' Allah will say, 'Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of one (gold) Dinar.' Allah will forbid the Fire to burn the faces of those sinners. They will go to them and find some of them in Hell (Fire) up to their feet, and some up to the middle of their legs. So they will take out those whom they will recognize and then they will return, and Allah will say (to them), 'Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of one half Dinar.' They will take out whomever they will recognize and return, and then Allah will say, 'Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of an atom (or a smallest ant), and so they will take out all those whom they will recognize." Abu Sa'id said: If you do not believe me then read the Holy Verse:--

'Surely! Allah wrongs not even of the weight of an atom (or a smallest ant) but if there is any good (done) He doubles it.' (4.40) The Prophet added, "Then the prophets and Angels and the believers will intercede, and (last of all) the Almighty (Allah) will say, 'Now remains My Intercession. He will then hold a handful of the Fire from which He will take out some people whose bodies have been burnt, and they will be thrown into a river at the entrance of Paradise, called the water of life.

They will grow on its banks, as a seed carried by the torrent grows. You have noticed how it grows beside a rock or beside a tree, and how the side facing the sun is usually green while the side facing the shade is white. Those people will come out (of the River of Life) like pearls, and they will have (golden) necklaces, and then they will enter Paradise whereupon the people of Paradise will say, 'These are the people emancipated by the Beneficent. He has admitted them into Paradise without them having done any good deeds and without sending forth any good (for themselves).' Then it will be said to them, 'For you is what you have seen and its equivalent as well.'"

(Sahih Bukhari)

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 538:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "(There are) three (types of persons to whom) Allah will neither speak to them on the Day of Resurrections, nor look at them (They are):--(1) a man who takes a false oath that he has been offered for a commodity a price greater than what he has actually been offered; (2) and a man who takes a false oath after the 'Asr (prayer) in order to grab the property of a Muslim through it; (3) and a man who forbids others to use the remaining superfluous water. To such a man Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection, 'Today I withhold My Blessings from you as you withheld the superfluous part of that (water) which your hands did not create.' "

(Sahih Bukhari)

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 575:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection), 'O Adam!' Adam will reply, 'Labbaik wa Sa'daik! ' Then a loud Voice will be heard (Saying) 'Allah Commands you to take out the mission of the Hell Fire from your offspring.' "

(Sahih Bukhari)

Judgement Day

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 600:
Narrated Anas:

I heard the Prophet saying, "On the Day of Resurrection I will intercede and say, "O my Lord! Admit into Paradise (even) those who have faith equal to a mustard seed in their hearts." Such people will enter Paradise, and then I will say, 'O (Allah) admit into Paradise (even) those who have the least amount of faith in their hearts." Anas then said: As if I were just now looking at the fingers of Allah's Apostle.

(Sahih Bukhari)

Judgement Day

Geoffthe3rd said:
Wow i never noticed all the similarities between that and the Christian belief of the end times, very very fascinating.
Yes, a lot of Christians dont know about the Islamic view of the return of Jesus at the end of times other than only being a prophet.

Well except that we dont believe he is going to return as a prophet, just wondering, who is the great enemy Christians and muslims will fight together?

Judgement Day

Geoffthe3rd said:
Well except that we dont believe he is going to return as a prophet...
According to the Islamic view, Prophet Jesus returns to the world for the second time he will not reign as a Prophet no, will he bring a new Shariah or Deen, as Islam is the last religion, the Quran is the last book to be revealed and Prophet Muhammad is the last Prophet. There is no Prophet to come after him. So Jesus will return to earth as a just ruler, not a prophet.

JD

God is love

Hi "Judgement Day"
You were online and I saw your post and wanted to say hi.

I also read what you wrote. Thankyou for educating me too that Muslims believe Jesus will return to earth as a just ruler, love will rule, peace will reign.
All of us that want peace will be relieved and happy.

Judgement Day

God is love said:
Hi "Judgement Day"
You were online and I saw your post and wanted to say hi.

I also read what you wrote. Thankyou for educating me too that Muslims believe Jesus will return to earth as a just ruler, love will rule, peace will reign.
All of us that want peace will be relieved and happy.
Hi to you too :), hows it going? It is a pleasure, my friend. At the time of the coming back of Jesus:

All types of spiritual and worldly blessings will descend on Earth in his time. Wealth will flow like water, everyone will be independent and have surplus wealth and property.

All hearts will be free from misery, envy, malice, and jealousy. Each harmful animal will be made harmless. Camels will graze with the lions and the cheetahs with cattle. A little girl will chase a lion and make it run away from her like children chasing a puppy and this lion will not harm her.
Venom will be taken out from all venomous animals, a little boy will put his hand in a snake's mouth, but it will not harm him. The Jackal will live with the sheep and protect them as if it were a sheep dog. Peace, harmony and tranquillity will prevail in the world.

People will be in complete agreement, wars will cease, the earth will be filled with peace like a silver basin and it will sprout with vegetation like at the time of Prophet Adam. The fertility of the land will increase to the extent that if a seed is planted in a rock, it will sprout. 700 mudd of wheat will sprout without ploughing the land. The earth will produce so much fruit that a large group of people will sit to eat a bunch of grapes or a pomegranate and they will be satisfied and use it's peel as an umbrella. There will also be blessing in milk. The milk of a single she camel will be sufficient to satisfy the hunger of a large group of people. A cow will produce what is sufficient for a tribe of people, and a sheep will produce milk, which is sufficient for a family of people. Horses will be cheap as they will be never ridden in war and bulls will be expensive, as they will be needed to plough the land.

Peace and Blessings to you,
JD