• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Decluttering

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess my collections over the years could be considered clutter, but I'm obsessed with organizing stuff -- as you can see in the pic below of Schleich horses I've been collecting for many years. I'm so OCD, I've even labeled each shelf for the breed of horse displayed on it.

20230523_081736.jpg

The bathroom is the only room in my house that doesn't have wall shelving for books, miniature model creations, and other stuff. Any walls that don't have shelves on them are used for hanging up framed animation cels my man and I have collected over the years (that was before the prices for cels went sky high due to certain celebrities discovering them and starting to collect them).

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I guess my collections over the years could be considered clutter, but I'm obsessed with organizing stuff -- as you can see in the pic below of Schleich horses I've been collecting for many years. I'm so OCD, I've even labeled each shelf for the breed of horse displayed on it.

View attachment 77460

The bathroom is the only room in my house that doesn't have wall shelving for books, miniature model creations, and other stuff. Any walls that don't have shelves on them are used for hanging up framed animation cels my man and I have collected over the years (that was before the prices for cels went sky high due to certain celebrities discovering them and starting to collect them).
Congratulations. Terrific collection. :)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

View attachment 77460

You should totally put up shelves for miniatures in the bathroom. If I was stuck on the toilet for awhile, it wouldn't be so bad if I had walls of tiny horses to look at.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'm very much a minimalist in pretty much all areas. "KISS", is my motto to myself.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I like to declutter, yes. There are some empty boxes that I need to dispose of tomorrow. There are also two pillows and three bath towels to dispose of as well. My mother taught me not to hold onto junk.
Well, the next time you're in Iowa, stop by and we'll have a great day of decluttering! (Providing free vegetarian cooking! :D )

Though, things have been considerably better since the dumpster came. The porch is usable again, though its slowly, little by little, accumulating junk 'n things again...

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Well, the next time you're in Iowa, stop by and we'll have a great day of decluttering! (Providing free vegetarian cooking! :D )

That sounds like it would be a great time!

Though, things have been considerably better since the dumpster came. The porch is usable again, though its slowly, little by little, accumulating junk 'n things again...

All you gotta do is spray paint it all gold, put some white polka dots on it, and sell it on Etsy. :p

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

That's what porches are for. We don't have one so the out building it has to be. It's getting close to the bi-annual trip to the déchetterie (like the local poubelles but with bigger bins)
RTEmagicC_dechetterie_JPG.jpg