• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Define Christianity

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Many prophecies are about the future. Did you have something specific in mind?

All prophecies are about the future, that's the whole point of a prophecy.

Im sure you know which prophecies JC fid not fulfill.

Muffled

Jesus in me
It depends what you mean. When Jewish people acknowledge that there was a time this idea was discussed, then yes, you are correct. But if you think Judaism today expects two different messiahs that you describe above, you are mistaken. I suspect you have misunderstood them, or you are talking to Messianic Jews who practice Christianity and not Judaism.
I have had conversations with many Jews but none that want to talk about religion. So I have very little idea of what current belifs are like and I am sure there is a range of beliefs. I suspect that Jews are ripe to accept the anti-christ, the incarnation of the devil, as thier Messiah because Jesus predicted something like that.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I have had conversations with many Jews but none that want to talk about religion.
More than a quarter of US Jews have no religion at all. Many identify their religion as Judaism, but they only show up for synagogue on Passover and Yom Kippur (we call them submarine Jews, since they "resurface" twice a year. :) ) Then you have many religious Jews who hold their faith quite dear, but just don't feel comfortable discussing it, since religious discussions so often become antagonistic. Often in the case of Christians, the questions are simply a build up to pushing Christianity, and what Jew wants that?

I would agree with you that few Jews are interested in discussing their religion with Christians. That's why forums such as this are so wonderful.
So I have very little idea of what current belifs are like and I am sure there is a range of beliefs.
Oh you are certainly right about that. There are a very few things that are core to all versions of Judaism, and a gazillion things that are different. Even within the same synagogue, you will find a variety of opinions.

However, if you have any questions, here is an excellent place to find answers.

I may not be perfect, but when I answer those questions, I try to remind people that Jews may have a range of opinions. I opened a thread in the interfaith section called "Mitzvah Matters" where people could ask questions about Judaism, and wow, it really took off. I originally made the mistake of giving the Orthodox perspective (and I'm not even Orthodox anymore) because the practices of other religious groups are usually follow that in part. However, later I made the effort to correct that mistake.
I suspect that Jews are ripe to accept the anti-christ, the incarnation of the devil, as thier Messiah because Jesus predicted something like that.
Correct me if I have misunderstood Christian teaching, but isn't the Antichrist supposed to be one who "opposes and exalts himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God"?? You see, Jews would NEVER fall for that, because we recognize that God never becomes a man or tree or rock.