• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demi gender

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
I stumbled upon this story today Mom Relieved After Her Son Comes Out To Her As A 'Demiboy' — 'I'm Flattered That He Trusts Me' I had not known about that (and found the link with autism interesting as well). How Many Genders There Are — And Why Talking About The Spectrum Of Identity Matters gave me more information.

Reading that made perfect sense since binary categories are most often wrong.

And thinking about it a bit, I would classify myself as call it 90% male and 10% other.
I let others classify me. I don't really care.

I find the pictures other people paint of me to be interesting.

wellwisher

Gender is a contemporary way for the young ego to establish their ego uniqueness with the latest behavioral set of clothes. It is not different from an actor researching a time period to help make their character become more authentic to that period. This behavioral tweak becomes part of the persona or mask, with people needing to label to help describe their gender, so others are more aware of the character they wish to play. If the character is not clear cut, the label helps the audience fill in the blanks, so the play makes more sense.

I remember one Halloween I went as a mummy wrapped in strips of white sheets. After running from house to house, the neighbor started to ask me If was an accident victim, since I was unraveling. I told them no, I was a mummy, so they could see my character. This is how it works.

It is not much different from school children becoming part of labeled group like a jock, nerd, party animal, popular, loner, class clown, etc. These labels describe the chapter profile that all agree upon and understand, and you can pick or fall in line. Adults do the same thing based on cultural stereo-types that describe and help to reinforce the character profile; Bible toter, red neck, blue collar, Bronx, California girl, hippie, goth, or what ever.

This latest fad came about due to the negative stereo type of men by the Left wing propaganda machine; toxic, which tries to neutralize the strong male and alter what it is to be a natural woman, since abortion is manmade and does not sell well if we also teach natural. The children feel a need to water down in both directions, into variations of he-she and she-he of different proportions. This is made easier by single moms who try to be father and mother, based on a female version of male stereo-types.

It would not be so bad if this if this did not involve drugs and surgery to make irreparable changes. In my day, you had the druggies but that was not the adults feeding the children drugs, but children finding their own for altered states of reality to escape the reality of war and racism. None of this is natural but it is all ego centric and often driven by the times. The children appear to be wanting to get away from the stress of fake news divide on male and female by compromising, for each other, in terms the divide created between natural or man made, men and women, made more confusing by mothers who have to and try to play both roles.

The Left started this by saying classic male and female were social constructs. Once they tampered with the classic construct, to install their own social constructs all the way to transgender, now they try to sell us that their latest social construct is innate and not due their educational system and the propaganda machine they run that include Hollywood.

Let the kids play, but do not allow drugs and surgery, until they are adults; 18. Children will change their minds. Or allow the victims to sue the DNC, if they change their minds, and were pressured by this money making sterilization scam. Money is the motivator.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Gender is a contemporary way for the young ego to establish their ego uniqueness with the latest behavioral set of clothes. It is not different from an actor researching a time period to help make their character become more authentic to that period. This behavioral tweak becomes part of the persona or mask, with people needing to label to help describe their gender, so others are more aware of the character they wish to play. If the character is not clear cut, the label helps the audience fill in the blanks, so the play makes more sense.

I remember one Halloween I went as a mummy wrapped in strips of white sheets. After running from house to house, the neighbor started to ask me If was an accident victim, since I was unraveling. I told them no, I was a mummy, so they could see my character. This is how it works.

It is not much different from school children becoming part of labeled group like a jock, nerd, party animal, popular, loner, class clown, etc. These labels describe the chapter profile that all agree upon and understand, and you can pick or fall in line. Adults do the same thing based on cultural stereo-types that describe and help to reinforce the character profile; Bible toter, red neck, blue collar, Bronx, California girl, hippie, goth, or what ever.

This latest fad came about due to the negative stereo type of men by the Left wing propaganda machine; toxic, which tries to neutralize the strong male and alter what it is to be a natural woman, since abortion is manmade and does not sell well if we also teach natural. The children feel a need to water down in both directions, into variations of he-she and she-he of different proportions. This is made easier by single moms who try to be father and mother, based on a female version of male stereo-types.

It would not be so bad if this if this did not involve drugs and surgery to make irreparable changes. In my day, you had the druggies but that was not the adults feeding the children drugs, but children finding their own for altered states of reality to escape the reality of war and racism. None of this is natural but it is all ego centric and often driven by the times. The children appear to be wanting to get away from the stress of fake news divide on male and female by compromising, for each other, in terms the divide created between natural or man made, men and women, made more confusing by mothers who have to and try to play both roles.

The Left started this by saying classic male and female were social constructs. Once they tampered with the classic construct, to install their own social constructs all the way to transgender, now they try to sell us that their latest social construct is innate and not due their educational system and the propaganda machine they run that include Hollywood.

Let the kids play, but do not allow drugs and surgery, until they are adults; 18. Children will change their minds. Or allow the victims to sue the DNC, if they change their minds, and were pressured by this money making sterilization scam. Money is the motivator.
Where is your psychology degree from, may one ask?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't see binary categories as wrong per se, just an oversimplification of what is in actuality a lot more complicated than that. Humans often simplify things into black-and-white binaries because that simplification has uses in various scenarios. Simplistic binaries help give some humans rules of thumb for interactions with the world around themselves. At times, these simplistic binaries are a mismatch with the reality and applying these rules of thumb result in problems. Just depends.

A major problem with viewing sex and/or gender as a binary is it facilitates sexism. Those who are okay with sexism don't see the problem. Those who have dealt with inappropriate expectations being hoisted on us in the name of sexist binaries, however, have suffered for it. And I don't even have any words for the crock nonsense @wellwisher just posted about this.

PureX

Veteran Member
Maybe it's because I'm old, but I don;t see how any of this matters, much. Perhaps when one has been dating someone for a bit, or among their closer friends, this kind of information would be important to share. But I don't see why anyone thinks anyone else should know, or care.

"Hey, I'm a _______! And you need to respect this!"

Huh?

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Maybe it's because I'm old, but I don;t see how any of this matters, much. Perhaps when one has been dating someone for a bit, or among their closer friends, this kind of information would be important to share. But I don't see why anyone thinks anyone else should know, or care.

"Hey, I'm a _______! And you need to respect this!"

Huh?

The world is too wide and too interconnected these days.

What we are seeing is the development of never before seen cultural niches, to support that interconnectedness that the Internet and globalization has brought.

This includes what you don't agree with as newer ways of expressing gender and identity.

People made the same arguments you're making about the LGBT community. It's another derivative of don't ask don't tell.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The terms "gender" and "gender identity" should be abandoned, they clarify nothing, and help not at all.

And the idea of in effect objective evidence for morality should be abandoonded as it is not a fact of the world other than for people who believe in it.

PureX

Veteran Member
The world is too wide and too interconnected these days.

What we are seeing is the development of never before seen cultural niches, to support that interconnectedness that the Internet and globalization has brought.

This includes what you don't agree with as newer ways of expressing gender and identity.

People made the same arguments you're making about the LGBT community. It's another derivative of don't ask don't tell.
These arguments keep implying that I care. Or that I should care. But I don't. Unless you're my significant other, or a close friend, I don't care if you're gay or strait or bi or trans or by what ratio. Why would I? Why would anyone presume I would or should? I have no need to know. And I have plenty of my own issues to think about. If I see a stranger in a men's room wearing a dress all I'm going to think is "well that's interesting". And that's it. A few seconds later it's forgotten.

I think all these sexual and gender declarations are about something else. I think they are about people trying to be recognized in a world that increasingly ignores them. And I think the solution is that they need more personal real life friends. People around them that do recognize and appreciate them for who they are. Pestering strangers for that recognition is just going to annoy them. And understandably so.

Last edited:

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
These arguments keep implying that I care. Or that I should care. But I don't. Unless you're my significant other, or a close friend, I don't care if you're gay or strait or bi or trans or by what ratio. Why would I? Why would anyone presume I would or should? I have no need to know. And I have plenty of my own issues to think about. If I see a stranger in a men's room wearing a dress all I'm going to think is "well that's interesting". And that's it. A few seconds later it's forgotten.

I think all these sexual and gender declarations are about something else. I think they are about people trying to be recognized in a world that increasingly ignores them. And I think the solution is that they need more personal real life friends. People around them that do recognize and appreciate them for who they are. Pestering strangers for that recognition is just going to annoy them. And understandably so.

Did not read this past the first line.

I'm not implying you need to care about these things (but you do apparently, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining).

I was only implying that you are *****ing about the world changing because it doesn't seem to agree with what you think people should say or do.

That's a you problem, not a direction the world is going issue.

PureX

Veteran Member
Did not read this past the first line.

I'm not implying you need to care about these things (but you do apparently, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining).
I'm not complaining. I'm mostly just asking a question. And then offering my opinion. My question is why is this an issue for so many people? Or is it, even? Maybe it's all just another trumped up medial battle. They sure do like to turn everything into a cage match to the death.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm not complaining. I'm mostly just asking a question. And then offering my opinion. My question is why is this an issue for so many people? Or is it, even? Maybe it's all just another trumped up medial battle. They sure do like to turn everything into a cage match to the death.
Because so very many Conservatives, Republicans and Conservative Christrians never got over having to share society with gays or immigrants or women or black people and transpeople is another group they hate that they're just learning about and politicizing it and demanding their right to repress and discriminate.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Where is your psychology degree from, may one ask?
It is all my fault. I had an extra box of Cracker Jack and that was the surprise inside of it:

1722795326034.png