• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats want Trump 'killed' according warning by legal analyst Alan Dershowitz.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
People love to frighten themselves by
wringing their hands over imagined
scenarios. And rallies like minded fools.
Well let's hope Trump doesn't die before the election or when he takes the inauguration.

Then afterwards you can dance around and sing the song that I'm right and you are wrong! At least up to that point in the game.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

All I can say about it , is let's hope Alan Dershowitz is wrong.

Well, there's certainly a lot of people who hate Trump, so of that number, there might be those who would wish death upon him. I'm not sure what the fallout would be from that, though. Trump's fanbase would explode in fury. Could get ugly.

Twilight Hue

Well, there's certainly a lot of people who hate Trump, so of that number, there might be those who would wish death upon him. I'm not sure what the fallout would be from that, though. Trump's fanbase would explode in fury. Could get ugly.
Well in fairness, they say it can be a two-way street.

With all the toxic vitro going on in this country, One could speculate with a degree of accuracy that this could be nearing a 'high noon situation' each facing off with their six shooters in the middle of town.

It's interesting that people now are talking about potential Civil War erupting for the second time in this country. It's just a question now where and when the flashpoint will occur when tensions progress further southwards than they are now.

The million gazillion dollar question is are we getting past the point of no return in this country ?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Actions have reactions. Given the death threats from the right, it's automatic that there will be a like response.

I for one am ****ing tired of the do what we, the right wants, or there will be violence, death threats, crimes and actual attacks.

Twilight Hue

Actions have reactions. Given the death threats from the right, it's automatic that there will be a like response.

I for one am ****ing tired of the do what we, the right wants, or there will be violence, death threats, crimes and actual attacks.
One could also say the left had pushed people too far to the point where we are at now.

I agree actions do indeed have reactions.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well in fairness, they say it can be a two-way street.

With all the toxic vitro going on in this country, One could speculate with a degree of accuracy that this could be nearing a 'high noon situation' each facing off with their six shooters in the middle of town.

It's interesting that people now are talking about potential Civil War erupting for the second time in this country. It's just a question now where and when the flashpoint will occur when tensions progress further southwards than they are now.

The million gazillion dollar question is are we getting past the point of no return in this country ?

Possibly, it might be like that. Or, if not direct, open fighting, there might be underground stuff that goes on. A while back, there were incidents of people sabotaging power stations. Knocking out the power for a major metropolitan area for a 24-48 hour period could lead to chaos. It's happened before when there have been major blackouts, such as in NYC.

Twilight Hue

Possibly, it might be like that. Or, if not direct, open fighting, there might be underground stuff that goes on. A while back, there were incidents of people sabotaging power stations. Knocking out the power for a major metropolitan area for a 24-48 hour period could lead to chaos. It's happened before when there have been major blackouts, such as in NYC.
I did come across an interesting New Yorker article dated in 2017 that discussed the appearance of a Civil War in the modern era would be strikingly different than the one that was erupting during Lincoln's time.

However, what's notable is the precursers that usually occur before Civil War typically erupts are strikingly similar. Outlaid by Keith Mines, a special forces soldier who navigated civil wars in other countries.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
One could also say the left had pushed people too far to the point where we are at now.

I agree actions do indeed have reactions.
Yup. Pushed cleaning up the water and air, pushed health care, pushed equal opportunity, pushed the idea that people need to be responsible for their actions, pushed the horrible idea that the rich should pay their fair share, pushed the idea that we are all created equal with equal rights which bigots hate, pushed the idea that workplaces should be safe (horrible impact on the God given right to profit) and so forth.

Meanwhile the right is pushing that white men must rule, that this country needs to make the Bible the source for all laws including stopping abortion, gay marriage, divorce, that the rich should benefit and the poor should suck it up, that the POTUS power is unlimited and so forth.

If I were 20 rather than almost 80, I could easily be down at the firing range learning how to shoot, stockpiling guns and ammo and wearing t-shorts with slogans like "today is a good day to day", "do you feel lucky, punk" and "Give me liberty or give me death" because as a liberal Jew I know what the fascists want to do to me and I'll take some with me.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

There is nothing in the act about wanting someone killed. Rather, it is about how much tax-payer money should be spent on providing life-long, round-the-clock protection for Americans who have committed crimes against the nation or states? How many times have I been told by conservatives that "when you commit crimes, you lose privileges -- get over it?"

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member

This is America. When we Americans have an ideological problem with someone, our go-to solution is complete and absolute annihilation. We don't want to work out a compromise or agree to disagree or accept any kind of subjugation. We want them erased from existence. With extreme prejudice ... for daring to countermand our will. And our 'righteousness'.

So Dershowitz is probably at least somewhat right. Anywhere else, anyone else would just want Trump to shut the hell up and go away. But not in the U.S.,. Here, we will want far more then that. We will want him erased from existence, for all eternity. And as an American, I can empathize. It would be best for everyone if that were to happen. (From my keyboard to God's ears.)

But sadly, Trump is not the real problem. And making him go away will not resolve the real problem. And it does not appear that Americans, and certainly not American politicians, are willing to face the real problem. So it will persist with or without Trump.

Last edited: