• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dick Cheney will vote for Kamala Harris!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
CNN - Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Friday that he will vote for Democrat Kamala Harris over fellow Republican Donald Trump in the November election, warning that the former president “can never be trusted with power again.”

“In our nation’s 248-year history, there has never been an individual who is a greater threat to our republic than Donald Trump,” Cheney said in a statement. “He tried to steal the last election using lies and violence to keep himself in power after the voters had rejected him. He can never be trusted with power again.”

“As citizens, we each have a duty to put country above partisanship to defend our Constitution. That is why I will be casting my vote for Vice President Kamala Harris,” he concluded.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's useful to have a link to the story:

Dick Cheney to back Harris for president

Liberals used to mock Cheney as sort of the evil fascist Emperor Palpatine figure behind George Bush. It is so ironic to see him endorsing the Democratic candidate in 2024, but such are the times.
He still could be all of that with the main goal of making America the best country in the world. He merely recognizes the obvious,. That no matter what one believes, Trump is bad for America.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
CNN - Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Friday that he will vote for Democrat Kamala Harris over fellow Republican Donald Trump in the November election, warning that the former president “can never be trusted with power again.”

“In our nation’s 248-year history, there has never been an individual who is a greater threat to our republic than Donald Trump,” Cheney said in a statement. “He tried to steal the last election using lies and violence to keep himself in power after the voters had rejected him. He can never be trusted with power again.”

“As citizens, we each have a duty to put country above partisanship to defend our Constitution. That is why I will be casting my vote for Vice President Kamala Harris,” he concluded.

Good, but he is still Darth Vader, a warmonger with much blood on his hands.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Dems just love their neocon warmongers these days. Hitler one day and "doing what's best for the country" the next. Lol. Next it will be Dubya and Condoleeza endorsing her and giddy threads for each. :rolleyes::facepalm:
It's not a matter of loving Dick Cheney. He's still awful; he's just a yardstick to measure Trump against.

Cheney's stance is commentary on Trump the same way that a dog who would eat his own puke but turns his nose up at someone's cooking is a commentary on the cooking.

Trump is so awful that even the worst that the Republican Party could come up with 20 years ago can't support him.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Dems just love their neocon warmongers these days. Hitler one day and "doing what's best for the country" the next. Lol. Next it will be Dubya and Condoleeza endorsing her and giddy threads for each. :rolleyes::facepalm:
All it says is that Cheney recognizes how corrupt and unethical Trump is that even he can't vote for him. The Cheneys have their own dark side but compared to the threat that Trump poses they are boyscouts. Trump is mentally disturbed and is criminal. Who knows he is willing to do against America if president. He's already stated he want's payback.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Trump is so awful that even the worst that the Republican Party could come up with 20 years ago can't support him.
Yeah, I'm sure that's why. What did Trump do that was so awful that it was worse than starting (and profiteering off of with Haliburton) illegal wars that killed hundreds of thousands of people for no reason, destroyed multiple countries and sparked bloody civil wars and destabilization across the Middle East? Please tell me what Trump did that was worse than that. The Bush administration is directly responsible for at least around 500,000 deaths in Iraq alone and the toll goes over a million, even multiple millions, if you factor in the civil wars that we helped to cause. I don't know how this can be worse than anything Trump did while in office, including the things he's accused of.

Cheney is a psychopath with a spot in hell waiting for him any second now. The idea that such a grotesque criminal can be trusted to know anything about what is best for the country, let alone to support it, is derangement, imo.

Daemon Sophic

It's not a matter of loving Dick Cheney. He's still awful; he's just a yardstick to measure Trump against.

Cheney's stance is commentary on Trump the same way that a dog who would eat his own puke but turns his nose up at someone's cooking is a commentary on the cooking.

This ^^ is why @Saint Frankenstein

Yeah, I'm sure that's why. What did Trump do that was so awful that it was worse than starting (and profiteering off of with Haliburton) illegal wars that killed hundreds of thousands of people for no reason, destroyed multiple countries and sparked bloody civil wars and destabilization across the Middle East? Please tell me what Trump did that was worse than that. The Bush administration is directly responsible for at least around 500,000 deaths in Iraq alone and the toll goes over a million, even multiple millions, if you factor in the civil wars that we helped to cause. I don't know how this can be worse than anything Trump did while in office, including the things he's accused of.

Cheney is a psychopath with a spot in hell waiting for him any second now. The idea that such a grotesque criminal can be trusted to know anything about what is best for the country, let alone to support it, is derangement, imo.
And yet the Republicans LOVED them both. Don't try to deny it. Bush/Cheney LOST the popular vote against Gore in their first term; but then the Republican voters put the warmonger/econ failures BACK IN for a second term. o_O
Trump didn't help kill hundreds of thousands of people, and make money off of it.
Trump killed hundreds of thousands, of US citizens --> Reality check please! <-- . And unlike other presidents, since The Insurrectionist kept his businesses during his term, he tried to profit DURING his presidency (although "God intervened", and his hotel businesses lost money due to the same pandemic that tRump used to slaughter American citizens). Ironic, right?
We won't even go into The Insurrectionist's warmongering, by silencing the press as he INCREASED US drone-strike deaths across the globe.
Whoops! I said too much! :oops:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
This ^^ is why @Saint Frankenstein

And yet the Republicans LOVED them both. Don't try to deny it. Bush/Cheney LOST the popular vote against Gore in their first term; but then the Republican voters put the warmonger/econ failures BACK IN for a second term. o_O
I'm not a member or really supportive of any political party so that's not what this is about, or what I was asking. The Republicans are trash, too. I'd honestly prefer a monarchy at this point and get rid of political parties. I'll admit to finding the modem Democrats a lot more hypocritical than the modern Republican Party, though. I only begrudgingly vote for either of them.
Trump killed hundreds of thousands, of US citizens --> Reality check please! <-- . And unlike other presidents, since The Insurrectionist kept his businesses during his term, he tried to profit DURING his presidency (although "God intervened", and his hotel businesses lost money due to the same pandemic that tRump used to slaughter American citizens). Ironic, right?
We won't even go into The Insurrectionist's warmongering, by silencing the press as he INCREASED US drone-strike deaths across the globe.
Whoops! I said too much! :oops:
Yes, Trump totally sent Covid to kill those people. Okay... o_O

The drone strikes are bad, but still not on the scale of what Bush (or Obama) did.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
When Bernie Sanders and Dick Cheney are on the same side you know or should know what is going on because the only thing they really have in common is recognition that Trump is a clear and present danger to America and is utterly unfit for the office due to dementia on top of narcissism and lack of any morality except for what is good for Trump.

Pogo

When Bernie Sanders and Dick Cheney are on the same side you know or should know what is going on because the only thing they really have in common is recognition that Trump is a clear and present danger to America and is utterly unfit for the office due to dementia on top of narcissism and lack of any morality except for what is good for Trump.
Never would have thunk that, we need a bumper sticker, What do Bernie Sanders and Dick Cheney agree on. Trump is too dangerous to be president.
OK, too long, a banner behind an airplane.