• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFH

Veteran Member
So you grant beauty to God and ugliness to not God.
Not in all cases, but in many cases man brings about his own diseases, sicknesses, deformities, etc.

You have yet to witness for the beauty of all things, only the superficial.

My point stands justified.
Only pointing out the physical things of this world that are beautiful, if you want to start a thread concerning those things that are spiritually beautiful, then go right ahead.

You do not understand nearly as much as you present. Any further discussion with you is a waste of time other than to point out your failures in logic when you present alternative healthcares and demonic possession for the mentally ill.

Goodbye.
Take care Gnomon.

FFH

Veteran Member
"When I meet someone for the first time, I quickly assess their spiritual well being, . . . ."

That's grotesque. Not to mention pathologically egotistical.

Regards,

Scott
Was wondering if I'ld get an insult out of you on this thread.

So far Ultra Violet, I think, has not insulted me.

Those who insult me are those who are struggling spiritually. I can quickly assess that and can quickly avoid any further relationships with these types of individuals, unless I see a change.

Popeye, you seem to be one who insults but only in love perhaps, not in hate. I don't object to your insults for some reason.

FFH

Veteran Member
Well, Dopple, I still enjoyed the picture.
And that's the purpose of beauty, to be enjoyed.

I love to look at the human face. This is the type of art I enjoy looking at, over all else that is beautiful in this world perhaps, but I would not be able to appreciate anything beautiful if I could not witness that which is ugly in this world, so there is a devine purpose for all things God has created.

I cannot appreciate anything in this world until I am given an opposing choice or an opposing object to observe, appreciate and/or experience.

FFH

Veteran Member
In some ways, I like ugly things.
They remind me of the human condition.
Right and it should serve as a reminder or as a reference point, if you will, so that we can gain a knowledge of what is beautiful and what is not.

God can and does create ugliness, in order that we might know beauty.

We can also create ugliness in our lives and in those around us, the reverse is also true of course.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Those who insult me are those who are struggling spiritually. I can quickly assess that and can quickly avoid any further relationships with these types of individuals, unless I see a change..

Not particularly.

Many of us are doing spiritually spectacular.

FFH

Veteran Member
God obviously can and does create ugliness, but so does man also contribute to those things that are ugly in this world.

We can't blame all ugliness, in whatever form it manifests itself in, to God and to him alone, man contributes his fair share to this.

Many human deformities, disabilities, sicknesses and diseases are caused by environmental polutions and/or poor nutrition, we can't blame God for these factors.

FFH

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;1049759 said:
I didn't insult you. I think you're a lovely thorn, FFH. :yes:
Okay, fair enough.:)

Just been thinking of your thorn analogy.

Thorns are representations of something that has the potential to harm.

Could ugliness then be compared to a thorn ??? I don't think so.

Diseases, sicknesses and sins cause pain and suffering, as do thorns if touched, but ugliness cannot harm like sin and disease.

Can ugliness really be compared to a thorn, if comparing the two to their full extent ???

Popeyesays

Was wondering if I'ld get an insult out of you on this thread.

So far Ultra Violet, I think, has not insulted me.

Those who insult me are those who are struggling spiritually. I can quickly assess that and can quickly avoid any further relationships with these types of individuals, unless I see a change.

Popeye, you seem to be one who insults but only in love perhaps, not in hate. I don't object to your insults for some reason.

I am not really insulting you. It's the argument that disturbs me, not you. One cannot judge the soul from the outer appearance. Or if one on one occasion MIGHT so judge it certainly could not be done quickly.

"The hearts of all children are of the utmost purity. They are mirrors upon which no dust has fallen. But this purity is on account of weakness and innocence, not on account of any strength and testing, for as this is the early period of their childhood, their hearts and minds are unsullied by the world. They cannot display any great intelligence. They have neither hypocrisy nor deceit. This is on account of the child's weakness, whereas the man becomes pure through his strength. Through the power of intelligence he becomes simple; through the great power of reason and understanding and not through the power of weakness he becomes sincere. When he attains to the state of perfection, he will receive these qualities; his heart becomes purified, his spirit enlightened, his soul is sensitized and tender -- all through his great strength. This is the difference between the perfect man and the child. Both have the underlying qualities of simplicity and sincerity -- the child through the power of weakness and the man through the power of strength."

(Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 52)

Surely we are subject to our repentance for the ways we fall short, and one of those ways to fall short is to judge the content of the souls of others.

"Abdu'l-Bahá tells us: --

To be silent concerning the faults of others, to pray for
them, and to help them, through kindness, to correct
their faults. (for which I applaud you)
To look always at the good and not at the bad. If a
man has ten good qualities and one bad one, to look at the
ten and forget the one; and if a man has ten bad qualities
and one good one, to look at the one and forget the ten. (which I find is not judging other souls)"

(Dr. J.E. Esslemont, Baha'u'llah and the New Era, p. 82)

Regards,
Scott

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Okay, fair enough.:)

Just been thinking of your thorn analogy.

Thorns are representations something that has the potential to harm.
That's all a matter of perspective. To the rose bush, the thorns are essential to its survival strategy, like the skin and hair of the model whose image you posted. To the rose bush, the thorns have a tremendous beauty because they help it live.

The roses themselves are there to attract you, so you'll cultivate the bush, breed it and pass on its genes, and protect it as well. Roses are beautiful because they are, as to that little trick, smarter than we are. :D We exert tremendous energy and resources to give to an organism whose sole return is purely aesthetic.

Popeyesays

doppelgänger;1049801 said:
That's all a matter of perspective. To the rose bush, the thorns are essential to its survival strategy, like the skin and hair of the model whose image you posted. To the rose bush, the thorns have a tremendous beauty because they help it live.

The roses themselves are there to attract you, so you'll cultivate the bush, breed it and pass on its genes, and protect it as well. Roses are beautiful because they are, as to that little trick, smarter than we are. :D We exert tremendous energy and resources to give to an organism whose sole return is purely aesthetic.

And very ephemeral as well. The rose blooms, blossoms and dies. The thorns do not.

Of course, Morticia Adams was a thorn cultivator of prodigious reputation.

Regards,
Scott

FFH

Veteran Member
So if I look at a rose and say it's beautiful, that's generally not considered superficial behavior, but if I look at a human being and say he/she is beautiful, that's definitely being superficial.

What would be considered of more infinite worth to God, a rose or a human being ???

BTW, did God create this or is this just another fluke.

PinkYellowRose.jpg

Popeyesays

True beauty is never superficial. But is beauty of the surface ONLY true beauty?

Remember, Elizabeth Bathory was considered one of the most beautiful women of her time, and then ponder how deep that beauty went.

Regards,
Scott

FFH

Veteran Member
If I say, hey, this pizza looks great, I'm not being shallow, but heaven forbid I say, hey, that person looks great. :shrug:

Thick%20Veggie.jpg

FFH

Veteran Member
True beauty is never superficial. But is beauty of the surface ONLY true beauty?

Remember, Elizabeth Bathory was considered one of the most beautiful women of her time, and then ponder how deep that beauty went.

Regards,
Scott
That's sweet, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with admiring God's beauty in all his creations, whether that be in a human being or in a piece of vegetation.

Fluffy

A fool
FFH said:
That's sweet, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with admiring God's beauty in all his creations, whether that be in a human being or in a piece of vegetation.

Agreed. Having said that, your examples of beauty are not examples of beauty. They are examples of what you believe to be beauty. Why is that important? Because beauty did not evolve randomly. Your concept of beauty evolved due to many factors and then this form of beauty formed because you only chose to spread your seed with those people you saw to possess your beauty.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Couple of items to discuss FFH.

1) Scale down the pictures, on a regular computer screen it takes up the entire page and it obnoxious and annoying to have to get past.

2) Stop hot linking from other sites. Every time you hot link you steal bandwidth from another person (which many are paying for themselves). Plain and simple, the pictures you are copying-and-pasting is stealing.

Understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.