• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Not so plain and not so simple. It covers fair use IF the material is cited and a hyperlink is indeed citation.

Regards,

Scott

You do realizes that bandwidth is being stolen when people hyperlink, right? And bandwidth (in most cases) costs money.

Popeyesays

You do realizes that bandwidth is being stolen when people hyperlink, right? And bandwidth (in most cases) costs money.

It does not for me. Bandwidth though is spent by the receiver, not the sender, so it is not theft. Theft, by definition means one person takes property of another for himself, benefitting thereby.

FFH is not benefitting monetarily by what you spend on bandwidth. You are paying it voluntarily to your provider. Is that theft?

A violation of courtesy PERHAPS, but not theft.

Regards,
Scott

Bishka

Veteran Member
It does not for me. Bandwidth though is spent by the receiver, not the sender, so it is not theft. Theft, by definition means one person takes property of another for himself, benefitting thereby.

FFH is not benefitting monetarily by what you spend on bandwidth. You are paying it voluntarily to your provider. Is that theft?

A violation of courtesy PERHAPS, but not theft.

Regards,
Scott

The person he is taking it from more then likely pays for that bandwidth through paying for their website to be kept up on the internet. Stealing pictures like that is stealing.

Bandwidth Theft
Bandwidth and You
Inline Linking

In all reality, it would one, be simpler to host it on a photo hosting site and two, it would clear up all gray area to host it on a specific photo hosting site.

FFH

Veteran Member
FFH, your whole thread is based on a logical fallacy. As I review it, I realized you continually make this assertion: "These things are evidence of God because they cannot be random." This statement assumes that the female beauty, the northern lights, and even the whole wheat pizza you have subjected us to are not the result of any natural law of science, yet you have failed to provide evidence of why it is God who worked these wonders and not the natural laws of science. Of course, I believe that God operates within the bounds of science because they are His laws. I also recognize that Man has had his hand in the things you've posted. Nanda already demonstrated how one becomes a model by posting the Dove video. As for the northern lights, they are fantastic of course, but the photos you've posted have likely been touched up by Man. Of course, that Man can do these things may be further evidence of God as it is He who gives Man their talents. I guess the bottom line for me is this: You're jumping to a conclusion that beauty = came from God when other perfectly logical explanations exist. Also, you use Western models to "prove" your interpretation of God's standards, which I find abhorrent.

Thanks for letting me ramble.
Great post.

I'm not at all partial to western culture, and neither is God (Christ), he's created beauty in all parts of the world, in ALL things found in this world he (Christ) has created, under the direction of our Eternal Father.

God our Eternal Father has created our spirits, but Christ has created our physical bodies, each individual body for his divine purposes. We don't know the mind of God the Father or the Son and their eternal purposes, we can only strive to do their will, by being the best that we can all possibly be while being tested on this earth.

Zhang Ziyi (章子怡)
Born February 9, 1979, Beijing, China
Chinese actress and international song artist

Asian cultures possess beauty all their own. God (Christ) has created them all for his divine purposes. I love the variety of beauty God (Christ) has created.
platinum-zhang-ziyi-hq2.jpg

Bishka

Veteran Member

Curious, what does your wife think of all this?

Compared to these airbrushed photos how could anyone feel beautiful. This is not that standard. Beauty is inside, not the outside. It's sad that you've sunk this low.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Curious, what does your wife think of all this?

Compared to these airbrushed photos how could anyone feel beautiful. This is not that standard. Beauty is inside, not the outside. It's sad that you've sunk this low.

Careful now Becky, he'll make backhanded comments about you just being jealous of the oh-so-beautiful women he's putting up here. At least he did to me, no matter how he might backtrack and say that it isn't what he said. I didn't know I was a woof woof, but oh well. I guess I'm no proof of god's creation. :shrug::rolleyes:

Popeyesays

The person he is taking it from more then likely pays for that bandwidth through paying for their website to be kept up on the internet. Stealing pictures like that is stealing.

Bandwidth Theft
Bandwidth and You
Inline Linking

In all reality, it would one, be simpler to host it on a photo hosting site and two, it would clear up all gray area to host it on a specific photo hosting site.

Sorry, it is not HE who is taking it. You can set your browser so it won't use the hyperlink. The site can protect their images.

In any event FFH gains nothing. You'd make a better case saying the provider was stealing the value of the bandwidth.

Regards,
Scott

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Bandwidth Theft
Bandwidth and You
Inline Linking

How about you site some actual laws that define it as theft?
You can link to the opinions of those who agree with you till the cows come home and it still does not mean it is theft.

FFH

Veteran Member
Sorry, it is not HE who is taking it. You can set your browser so it won't use the hyperlink. The site can protect their images.
Exactly, and many sites do just that if they don't want anyone using their hyperlink or images.

The hyperlink I posted had an advertisement on it, which covers the cost of the hyperlink and makes a profit for each hyperlink copied and pasted, so I actually am making money for them if someone clicks on the advertisement.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Great post.

I'm not at all partial to western culture, and neither is God (Christ), he's created beauty in all parts of the world, in ALL things found in this world he (Christ) has created, under the direction of our Eternal Father.

God our Eternal Father has created our spirits, but Christ has created our physical bodies, each individual body for his divine purposes. We don't know the mind of God the Father or the Son and their eternal purposes, we can only strive to do their will, by being the best that we can all possibly be while being tested on this earth.

Zhang Ziyi (章子怡)
Born February 9, 1979, Beijing, China
Chinese actress and international song artist

Asian cultures possess beauty all their own. God (Christ) has created them all for his divine purposes. I love the variety of beauty God (Christ) has created.
platinum-zhang-ziyi-hq2.jpg

I myself find Asian people good looking(yes even the men sometimes). But I'm sure FFH that must will disagree that your God made them. Asian culture is vary in to tradition so I'm sure must still be that they come from there Gods and not yours. And I would tend to agree with them ^_^. Dang Asian are my weakness.

nutshell

Posting Zhang Ziyi may still be a demonstration of the Western influence as she has crossover appeal.

The point is - you are using what culture and/or society defines as beauty to as evidence of God's standards. What would you say to a culture that found chubby women the most attractive?

FFH

Veteran Member
I myself find Asian people good looking(yes even the men sometimes). But I'm sure FFH that must will disagree that your God made them. Asian culture is vary in to tradition so I'm sure must still be that they come from there Gods and not yours. And I would tend to agree with them ^_^. Dang Asian are my weakness.
God (Christ) made us all, according to what scriptures teach us, yet many of us deny our very maker.

Psalms 100: 3
Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Francine

Careful now Becky, he'll make backhanded comments about you just being jealous of the oh-so-beautiful women he's putting up here.

I love the pictures, but isn't he going to lose his temple recommend for posting them?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
God (Christ) made us all, according to what scriptures teach us, yet many of us deny our very maker.

Psalms 100: 3
Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Yes yes I understand YOU believe this, but not everyone does. Your truth is not there or even my truth. I know you can respect that and there culture to believe what they deem to be real. I can go on about what I think your god is(it's nothing rude or disrespectful like that) but that would be off topic.

FFH

Veteran Member
Posting Zhang Ziyi may still be a demonstration of the Western influence as she has crossover appeal.
All cultures have gorgeous women, that's not a valid argument. Do I need to post more examples ???

The point is - you are using what culture and/or society defines as beauty to as evidence of God's standards. What would you say to a culture that found chubby women the most attractive?
In Japan, I can honestly say I never saw anyone that was overweight, everyone looked good and healthy.

Over eating would be considered against God's standards of health. Man makes himself unattractive by disobeying rules for good health.

Gluttony, should be considered a sin, would anyone disagree with that ??? :cool:

Some women puposely overeat for various psycologically twisted reasons.

My wife weighs around 105 pounds and consciously has kept this thin all her life, she's 46. We eat very healthy whole foods and never go hungry, excercise or go on diets. We eat all we want or need. We both still look like we are in our 20's. We can do a lot to look our best, the way God intended us to look in this life.

Status
Not open for further replies.