• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus actually die

MJFlores

No you weren't. You and I both know that.

giphy.gif

Even if the Book of Mormon says he didn't die, we know which is which
Even if the Tibetan Book of the Dead says he didn't die, we can set apart what to believe and what not

It was not a statement of fact but a hypothetical statement.

Clear

Premium Member
Even if the Book of Mormon says he didn't die, we know which is which
So are you purposely or accidentally clueless? Where on earth did you get the idea that the Book of Mormon says He didn't die? You obviously haven't read it, but you didn't even pick up that little "alternative fact" from some anti-Mormon website. You came up with that one all by yourself. And it's stupid.
"I'M JUST KIDDING"
No you weren't. You and I both know that.
"That is what you call a hypothetical statement."

Hi Katzpur;

I still very much agree that a willingness to offer obvious misinformation whether by ignorance OR by design, or offering misinformation justified by a claim that one was "kidding" after being caught, or misinformation justified by claiming that it was a "hypothetical statement" after being caught spreading misinformation, still damages credibility inside a debate rather than furthering the claims one is making. These are still, ALL forms of deceptive misinformation and It is a bad tactic regardless of how one tries to justify doing it.

Once the damage to ones credibility is damaged then even the claim that one was "just kidding" is suspect as simply "another excuse" instead of a recognition of the deed and an apology.

THIS is another reason why spreading misinformation about another person or another religion is a bad tactic, whether it is on purpose, or whether it is by obvious ignorance of the truth, or whether one seeks to justify it as a "joke", or whether one attempts to label it as a "hypothetical" claim. It is still a bad tactic in a forum where others who are educated will notice the claim is false.

Clear
σινεδρω

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
giphy.gif

It was not a statement of fact but a hypothetical statement.
That is some pretty pathetic backpedaling you've got going on there. You start out by making an inaccurate assumption. Then you try to tell me you were just kidding. Now you are trying to dismiss your original statement as being hypothetical, even though -- in the context of your original post -- you clearly didn't mean it to be. Is it too much to ask that you simply admit that you were wrong and say you're sorry?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
That's okay, MJFlores, some people are just too proud to admit they're wrong. @Clear and I have set the record straight concerning the LDS belief about Jesus Christ's death and resurrection -- which, for the purposes of this thread, is what really matters. And you've shown your true colors. Nothing more really needs to be said.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
I apologize to Christians right off the bat. Please don't take this thread the wrong way. It is not my intention to be irreverent to you or your belief system. If you feel you might be insulted please click-away now and do not proceed reading any further.

If you are still here, hopefully, your faith is strong enough to survive a little self-inspection.

So recently I saw someone's avatar pic having a picture of Jesus and underneath it, it said, "If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing."

This got me thinking. You cannot really kill God. Jesus did not really die because he was resurrected. So my thinking is no harm no foul. Am I just thinking about this the wrong way? Again, you can't kill God. So did Jesus really die? I don't think so.

Again, my apologies to Christians with weak faith who are insulted by my speculations.

I believe that supposes something that doesn't happen ie men not sinning.

I believe the term is: Dude! You do realize you can't be resurrected unless you first died, don't you?

I believe I can't imagine why you think the end justifies the means. Crucifying an innocent man is definitely a foul.

I believe that depends on how you want to look at it. If the idea is that the body died first and then the Spirit left that did not happen because the Spirit of God left first and then the body died. Since the identification of Jesus is body and Spirit then one can't say Jesus died only that His body did.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I’m not Christian, but it seems certain that the physical body of Jesus passed away.

Perhaps this is evidence that Jesus is not God?

I believe it is not evidence. God does not have a body. God is a Spirit and that part of Jesus did not die.

Muffled

Jesus in me
To just die and remain dead is not saving anyone.

So, Jesus is supposed to be the firstborn from the dead. In other words the first to be raised. But, that doesn't mean we also are not raised. It is the resurrection of Jesus that gives us hope. Without it we cannot know we ourselves will be raised. If Jesus remained dead then so would we.

So it is indeed true that you couldn't keep Jesus dead as even Acts 2:24 makes clear.

And I understand a lot of people think it was "cheating" or something? I don't know. But, they're missing the point. The point of Jesus dying was not to punish Himself so that we could avoid punishment. Although that is part of it; that's not the main point here. The main point of Jesus dying was so that He could rise from the dead. The point of His death is ultimately to obtain power over death through the resurrection.

Jesus is the Word of Life. By coming alive from the dead; He gives hope to all humanity that they may also live again even though they die. This is why Jesus said "I am the resurrection and the Life he that believes in me, though he were dead yet shall he live" (John 5:29)

I believe the context of this is the word "preeminence." Certainly Jesus wasn't born again from a dead person but He certainly is the first to be raised from the dead directly by God without the assistance of a prophet.

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
Perhaps he just spend some time in a Sayajin recovery pod

View attachment 33336

i like dragon ball (goku)
and i eat lots of dragon balls
Lokma

We have introduced science fiction mode for visualizations
When I read the talk about the prophets it is called told stories about what will happen in future
I try to conceptualize how or what it is

Dad reads the future and he tells me
The buildings in Dubai will become deserted and will be nests for the birds
The number of males will decrease because of wars, the numbers of women will increase and they will become lustful because of the absence of men
Imagine a group of women watching a man from afar running towards him and touching him with their bodies for an hour as if they were drunk
An hour after touching , they will discover that it was a just tree trunk

I have a lot of these strange stories at the end of time but time is short because of my school

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
i like dragon ball (goku)
and i eat lots of dragon balls
Lokma

We have introduced science fiction mode for visualizations
When I read the talk about the prophets it is called told stories about what will happen in future
I try to conceptualize how or what it is

Dad reads the future and he tells me
The buildings in Dubai will become deserted and will be nests for the birds
The number of males will decrease because of wars, the numbers of women will increase and they will become lustful because of the absence of men
Imagine a group of women watching a man from afar running towards him and touching him with their bodies for an hour as if they were drunk
An hour after touching , they will discover that it was a just tree trunk

I have a lot of these strange stories at the end of time but time is short because of my school
Euh...

Owkay.
Gotta admit, that was pretty weird.

Reactions: j1i

amorphous_constellation

This got me thinking. You cannot really kill God. Jesus did not really die because he was resurrected. So my thinking is no harm no foul. Am I just thinking about this the wrong way? Again, you can't kill God. So did Jesus really die? I don't think so.

I've got a very old thread on that went into that from like 4 or 5 years ago, if you really are wondering about that you ought to read some of it. All Jesus technically suffered would have been a temporary injury basically, a slight harassment. When you think about it like that, it suddenly becomes a lot less impressive, I've had that stuck in my mind a while now since I re-read the thread.

If hypothetically a man actually did what Jesus did in the 1st century would it occur like the story