• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus Christ die for us or.....

Mr. Peanut

Jesus said over and over that the very reason he came here was to die and on the third day rise again. The greatest truth that could ever course through anyone's veins is the substitutionary death of Christ for all of us, in our place. The penalty of sin is death and we are all under that penalty, but Jesus paid it in full in our place by dying for us on the cross. The only Son of God paid for all the sins of all the world ever committed or to be committed for all time once and for all that whosoever believes in, trust in, relies on, Jesus to have paid for all our sins, past, present, and future, has, right now, from this moment on and forever, eternal life and is passed from death to life the moment they first believed.

logician

Jesus said over and over that the very reason he came here was to die and on the third day rise again. The greatest truth that could ever course through anyone's veins is the substitutionary death of Christ for all of us, in our place. The penalty of sin is death and we are all under that penalty, but Jesus paid it in full in our place by dying for us on the cross. The only Son of God paid for all the sins of all the world ever committed or to be committed for all time once and for all that whosoever believes in, trust in, relies on, Jesus to have paid for all our sins, past, present, and future, has, right now, from this moment on and forever, eternal life and is passed from death to life the moment they first believed.

The greatest truth that could ever course through anyone's veins is to have a rational and open mind.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
I have heard that after his resurrection he lived in Kashmir, India and his grave is said to still exists there.
He never died on the cross if resurrection is true.
Love & rgds

Hope

Princesinha
The greatest truth that could ever course through anyone's veins is to have a rational and open mind.

An even greater truth is the realization that even an open and rational mind has its limits, and that rationality is only one facet of a multi-faceted reality.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I am confident that there is no evidence placing me at the scene.
Unless you buy into the idea of anamnesis as presented by the Church Fathers. A big part of the Eucharist is anamnesis -- a not-forgetting, wherein we join with Christ in his one sacrifice. We are brought into that scenario. It wasn't the Romans who killed him -- it was humanity -- all of us.

Mr. Peanut

It is quite clear from God's Word, that Christ did indeed die for us, here are just a few examples:

Romans 5:6
For when we were yet without strength, in due timeChrist died for the ungodly.
Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 8:34
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Romans 14:9
For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
Romans 14:15
But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
1 Corinthians 8:11
And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
1 Corinthians 15:3
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how thatChrist died for our sins according to the scriptures;
12 Corinthians 5:14
For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

Its really a wonderful thing, just as the Bible says God will restore all things--no more death, sorrow, pain, etc, he also provided a way to reconcile us to him. He, being purely good and holy and we being sinful men, provided the totally free gift of salvation by dying to pay for all our sins and imputed his righteousness unto us when ours was as filthy rags to a holy God. This is why we love him, because he first loved us and died for us while we were yet ungodly sinners. Now, in his unconditional love for us he also makes intercession for us, he is our advocate. When the accuser, Satan says, look what your child has just done, Jesus turns to the Father and says, its under the blood, he chose to trust in my work on the cross and he is mine forevermore, saved to the uttermost! Haleluia!

Da Troof

er Mr Peanut why do you call it God's word? The bible is just a collection of writings (a very selective collection) by people who lived hundreds of years ago.

God had nothing to do with the bible. He couldn't he doesn't exist!

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
er Mr Peanut why do you call it God's word? The bible is just a collection of writings (a very selective collection) by people who lived hundreds of years ago.

God had nothing to do with the bible. He couldn't he doesn't exist!
If God doesn't exist, how could God be a "he," pray tell?:cool: