• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

1robin

Christian/Baptist
When you say "dug into it" you mean you copied it from biblos.com. And I disagree with their interpretation. Both Henry and Gil were Christians and presupposed Yeshua is the savior. They both may have been of trinitarian thought. Gill sure was. Isaiah is an immediate future prophecy. It has nothing to do with events that supposedly happened 700 years later. The back drop of what's going on in Isaiah is found in 2 Chronicles and 2 Kings. It's dealing with a war and that's all.

Yes for the main part I just went and read a bunch of commentaries as I am not very familiar with this part of Isaiah. I don't recall where I copied them from. Do you reject any Christian commentary on the book of Isaiah? Are you saying you reject any messianic interpretation of the book of Isaiah? I take it you are Jewish or at least not Christian. No offense intended.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Yes for the main part I just went and read a bunch of commentaries as I am not very familiar with this part of Isaiah.

Not a problem.

Do you reject any Christian commentary on the book of Isaiah?

If that commentary leads a christian to believe that anything in Isaiah has to do with Yeshua then yes I reject it. I've read Isaiah, 2Chronicles and 2Kings in context it has nothing to do with a supposed virgin birth that was to happen 700 years into the future. King Ahaz was a hethen. He didn't believe in the Jewish god so a prophecy given to him in a time of war with neighboring cities would have ment little to him. When you ask christians what about Isaiah talks about Yeshua all they can give you is 7:14 and 9:6. That book is vast and if all they can give you is that then they're picking and choosing verses to fit Yehua and taking it out of its intended context.

Are you saying you reject any messianic interpretation of the book of Isaiah?

It's not a messianic prophecy describing Yeshua.

I take it you are Jewish or at least not Christian. No offense intended.

None take. I'm neither Jewish nor am I a Christian. These labels mean very little in debates. Sometimes they can cloud one's perspective because they would enter the debate with a certain level of bias.I don't.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I kinda see your point. Looking at the text and the context of Isaiah in lieu of the books of Chronicles and Kings I can't see that any of it has to do with a virgin birth. This seems to be the issue when rendered into Greek then into English. The nuance of the Hebrew language seems to get lost. I'm having trouble understanding why christians jump to the conclusion based on the writer of Matthew that Isaiah 7:14 and 9:6 point to Yeshua but ignore 8:1-4. It's my position that 8:1-4 is just as much important to the prophecy and in context connects 7:14 and 9:6.

The other issue I'm having is the total lack of knowledge LioneDea has displayed concerning the history written. 8:1-3 is most definitely talking about Isaiah and his wife yet he disagrees. Isaiah's wife is considered to be the prophetess mentioned yet he disagrees. :confused:

However 8:1-4 is pre-empted by 9:1 - Isa 9:1 ¶ But there shall be no gloom to her that was in anguish. In the former time he brought into contempt the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali; but in the latter time hath he made it glorious, by the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the nations.

So 8:1-4 signifies former times whereas the coming of the Messiah is in a latter time. Neither was there anyone auspicious coming out of the Galilee region in the time of Isaiah. Can you name one?

Also these verses suggest that Galilee was already desolate as Isaiah began his writing. Isa 1:7 Your country is desolate; your cities are burned with fire; your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.
8 And the daughter of Zion is left as a booth in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Another verse snatched out of context by a trinitarian. Isaiah has absolutely nothing to do with Yeshua.:facepalm:

The verse specifically denotes Jehovah. However Jesus ties Himself in as Jehovah by saying this: Mat 21:40 When therefore the lord of the vineyard shall come, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those miserable men, and will let out the vineyard unto other husbandmen, who shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, The same was made the head of the corner; This was from the Lord, And it is marvelous in our eyes?
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken away from you, and shall be given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
44 And he that falleth on this stone shall be broken to pieces: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will scatter him as dust.

Muffled

Jesus in me
When you say "dug into it" you mean you copied it from biblos.com. And I disagree with their interpretation. Both Henry and Gil were Christians and presupposed Yeshua is the savior. They both may have been of trinitarian thought. Gill sure was. Isaiah is an immediate future prophecy. It has nothing to do with events that supposedly happened 700 years later. The back drop of what's going on in Isaiah is found in 2 Chronicles and 2 Kings. It's dealing with a war and that's all.

This is a worldly view of isaiah. If it were just Isaiah talking about his times I would agree with you but Isaiah says that he is provinding the words of God and there is no doubt in my mind that God is very much considering the future when He speaks.

LioneDea

Land of the rising sun
The context tells me she's not a virgin which is why it's rendered as "young woman" in many bibles including the Tanakh. You base the translation on the KJV which translated the word from the Greek (parthenos). We both agree that (almah) in CJB is a fine translation but you're interpreting it to mean "virgin" and Jews aren't rendering the word to mean that given the context that follows in 8:1-4.

Lione D' ea: False, let us read Isaiah 7:14 it say's:

Therefore, the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign; behold, the young woman....? (TCJB)

Lione D' ea: The verse did not tell she is not virgin there because she is in the state of a young, and the young woman there don't had a husband according in verse because once a young woman in the Bible had a husband she cannot considered in the Bible term as young, but a woman to testify my statement the Bible interpret itself a young woman once had a husband cannot called as young woman but a woman in Genesis 2:23-24 Read:

And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. (King James Version)

Lione D' ea: The woman mention in the passage above is the wife of Adam which is Eve whereas Eve in that time is in the state of purity to precise she is virgin. For in God even both opposite did not mate there, they are married for Him. Concern in Isaiah 7:14 the young woman there is not married how come she is not virgin there. If we say "young woman" she is in independent state. And she can not commit fornication in her youth state because she will transgressed the law of God which give to Moses about the good manner in Deuteronomy 22:20-21 Read:

But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:

21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you. (King James Version)

Lione D' ea: The young woman which commit fornication will be stone with no mercy, Jews are strict when it comes in the law of Moses. The young woman you mention is not married because it did not state there as woman how come she is not virgin that is my answer.

And this is a false accusation. The word means (young woman). It would seem you're guilty of what you're accusing me of if you continue to render it meaning "virgin" knowing full well it's not "virgin" in the strict sense of the word. This is amplified in the KJV where Isaiah 7:14 seems to be the only place (almah) is rendered virgin. elsewhere the KJV substitutes the meaning.

Lione D' ea: IF we are speaking in the strict sense of the word as you said brother, you cannot say the young woman there is not a virgin because the word use in that woman which mention in chapter 7:14 there is a young, she is in the state of natural purity in the sense of the Bible. The verse did not tell she is married there nor someone intercourse with her, and I not refute the fact both version TCJB and King James Version what it renders there because you cannot say the young woman there is not virgin because it did not state woman which she had husband back then. About the accusing, I never accuse anybody without evidence to prove in my opponent, as scripture say's:

Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Thus saith the LORD; Stand in the court of the LORD'S house, and speak unto all the cities of Judah, which come to worship in the LORD'S house, all the words that I command thee to speak unto them; diminish not a word: (King James Version)

Lione D' ea: The passage you are referring she is not virgin did not tell you she is not virgin that is my answer.

The fact of the matter is, in context, it is her second son and NO...it doesn't have to say it was her second son nor does it have to state she was already a mother. This went without saying because that had been established in 7:3...and like you're finally admitting...7:14 doesn't even say she was giving birth to her ("first") son.

Lione D' ea: You are wrong in thinking brother, because all my statement I was answer will stand in the end, not just like you now admitting which it is not second son. Concern in Isaiah 7:14 the child there wasn't exist yet during the event has happened while the person named Maher-shalal-hash-baz was exist there already because according in verse 3 it say's:

And I was intimate with the prophetess, and she conceived, and she bore a son, and the Lord said to me, "Call his name Maher-shalal-hash-baz. (TCJB)

Lione D' ea: Maher-shalal-hash-baz was exist there because the Lord ordered the speaker here to call his name therefore he was exist while in chapter 9:5 the son is yet coming. The solid prove Maher-shalal-hash-baz is not the Immanuel is because he is a man not God that is my answer.

You can't be "in a state of conceiving" and already "be with child".

Lione D' ea: Let us read Isaiah 7:14 it say's:

Therefore, the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign; behold, the young woman is with child, and she shall bear a son, and she shall call his name Immanuel. (TCJB)

Lione D' ea: The word BE did not appeared in the passage brother can you elaborate what you meant?

LioneDea

Land of the rising sun
No it doesn't. Bethulah is definitely about a woman's purity (chastity) whereas almah isn't which it why it can simply mean (young woman, damsel, maiden). None of these mean that the woman IS a virgin in the sense of a bethulah (one who has never had sex).

Lione D' ea: You can not say: (young woman, damsel, maiden) if she is not virgin because the word virgin is nature in young woman who hadn't intercourse to her. And it is not true meant to us the word young woman is not virgin that is my answer.

Then we're going to have to agree to disagree. All of these commentators are Christian commentators/theologians. The last one by "Gil" is John Gil. He most certainly believed Yeshua to be "God" but there in that commentary he rightfully point's out that "God" is using Isaiah to deliver the prophecy.

Lione D' ea: Not all who carries Bible are Christians. Not all who have Bible which hold can understand the scriptures because God not allowed it, the reason why God not allowed because there are deceitful who will read Bible. There is one way you can prove he is not deceitful. Haggai 2:11 Read:

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ask now the priests concerning the law, saying, (King James Version)

Lione D' ea: You have to ask a question in them if they're saying have bases in the scriptures hope you understand.

Wrong and this PDF document explains why.

Yes. See the PDF above.

Lione D' ea: It can not open. But despite of that allege Jews did not understand what Isaiah 9:5-6 referring because in the end all law was concern in Christ. The sons of God aren't hard head.

http://thejewishhome.org/counter/Isa9_56.pdf

LioneDea

Land of the rising sun
And you're wrong. What you're saying is that every scholar, theologian, Jew, and Christian is wrong if they say "God" is using Isaiah to deliver the prophecy. Isaiah delivered more than a simple "report". In the book of Isaiah he delivers a whole prophecy to Ahaz and the people of Judah. You're the only person that contest this and you're simply off base.

Lione D' ea: The particular passages we are discuss in that matters are chapter 7, 8, 9. First Isaiah is not only prophet which the Lord God ordered to Ahaz and his son in that time. Concern of using Isaiah let us read chapter 7:3-6 it say's:

Then said the LORD unto Isaiah, Go forth now to meet Ahaz, thou, and Shearjashub thy son, at the end of the conduit of the upper pool in the highway of the fuller's field;

4 And say unto him, Take heed, and be quiet; fear not, neither be fainthearted for the two tails of these smoking firebrands, for the fierce anger of Rezin with Syria, and of the son of Remaliah.

5 Because Syria, Ephraim, and the son of Remaliah, have taken evil counsel against thee, saying,

6 Let us go up against Judah, and vex it, and let us make a breach therein for us, and set a king in the midst of it, even the son of Tabeal:

LioneDea

Land of the rising sun
Lione D' ea: This is Isaiah heard from the Lord which the Lord order him to meet Ahaz to bring the report about the threat of the other nation against Judah. When Isaiah deliver the report in the presence of Ahaz Isaiah said to him:

Thus saith the Lord GOD, It shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass.

8 For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people.

9 And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is Remaliah's son. If ye will not believe, surely ye shall not be established.

Lione D' ea:This is the message which Isaiah heard from the Lord only to deliver the report to Ahaz. Then so there is no wrong if God use us as tools to deliver His message because His intention in man is for good that is my answer.

(end.)

LioneDea

Land of the rising sun
The word should read "like gods", "As the angel of the LORD". Unless you think G-d is the Angel of G-d somehow. And even if you read it as "God", the word is "Like God", not "As God", big difference.
Not at all. Please explain why it would. It's saying that the Chosen one will have great power, especially power that Jesus says was "given to Him". Do you understand what "given" means?

That verse in no way backs what you're saying. Why do Trinitarians make a big deal of every time the word "I am" is used in a sentence regardless of its connotation, especially when the actually name is "I shall be"? If I said "I am going out tonight", am I saying that I'm G-d?
Are you just throwing out verses at random that have nothing to do with what you're saying and hoping they'll stick?

In a way.

How about the Incarnation of the Highest Angel? Why must it be G-d himself?

So again, how about the Highest of the Angels incarnated instead? Are you saying an Angel couldn't build such a house?

Lione D' ea: Let us read: Judges 6:22 it say's:

And when Gideon perceived that he was an angel of the LORD, Gideon said, Alas, O Lord GOD! for because I have seen an angel of the LORD face to face.

Lione D' ea: Are the angels are begotten Son of God?

(end.)

Hispriest

One question. If jesus was God, How can he be the son of God?
The question should be: since when Jesus is call "the son of God"? Was not after He came here to earth? Was not after Mary was conceived by the Holy Spirit?
Of course; So, this not means that Jesus was created; but He came here in that way, even in a position lower than the angels! Jesus was both God and man while here on earth. As a man, he was the Son of God. He had added to Himself human nature (Col. 2:9). He became a man to die for the whole world.
You’ll never find in the OT anything about Jesus been the “Son of God”

look3467

Premium Member
How about the more direct interpretation that Jesus's teachings were the stumbling block to the Pharisees and Sadducees?>>>Shermana

You mean: Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil.....

Now I have a question for you on this same thought: By whose rules were the Sadducees and Pharisees living by?

Did not the law require: Lev 24:16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put to death.

1. "He that is born in the land", was not Jesus born of Mary?
2. "as well as the stranger" Not only did Jesus get accused of blaspheme by His own but was also hung on the cross by strangers to the nation of Israel. (Romans)
3. Was He not put to death as required?

Now, you tell me 1. if the Sadducee s and Pharisees were not complying with the law and 2. were they not forgiven at the cross when Jesus said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do"?

The stumbling block is still in effect to every Jew who does not have faith in Jesus as the Son of God in the flesh.

You realize to claim to be "a son of" would make the one equal with the father?
Was not Jesus accused of just that? Joh 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
Quote:
Ref: Isa 8:14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
Please explain why that's referring to Jesus as G-d incarnate instead of a reference to someone's teachings conflicting with those who follow false interpretations. There is no reason whatsoever to interpret that as anything except regarding teachings, not as a being of G-d incarnated.

To establish a link to God's salvation plan one must construct the pattern set forth in the whole of the bible.

"Mankind lost" as in "that which was lost" Eze 34:16 I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.

Again, one must be able to see the spiritual application of that verse to see God's construct of His plan of saving the world.
"That which was lost" has to spiritual applications 1. The loss of all mankind (Spiritually) and 2. the loss of Israels direct Spiritual) connection to the Father as I pointed out earlier in my previous posts. Remember Cutting off both head and tail?

Here is a verse to help decipher the mystery which so many seek answers to : Hos 12:10 I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.

If you can see how God spoke in the many stories, the multiplications of the similar stories and how they are "similitude's" of God's Messiah Jesus?

My friend, we are at odds because we are born into different beliefs, not necessarily of our choosing, just the same different.

By the very fact of differences, the light of the love of God can be born in all of us to unite us in one spirit......Love.

If there were no comparisons, how else would we know a difference and how could we gain anything?

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
Quote:
Ref: Blinding, Joh 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
So I assume you believe that has nothing to do with Jesus's actual teachings and that it somehow refers to him being G-d instead?

If an offering for sin was to be offered, who in that time made the offerrings?
Ref: Lev 4:3 If the priest that is anointed do sin according to the sin of the people; then let him bring for his sin, which he hath sinned, a young bullock without blemish unto the LORD for a sin offering.

Now suppose that the animal sacrifices were still required today, I mean literally, and that God wanted to do with that procedure completely once and for all time.

He would then create a body just for that purpose and then present it to the High Priests for an offering.

That He did but the High Priest rejected God's offering and condemned His offering at the cross.

Of course, you can understand that they did exactly what God wanted them to do except they were not aware of their doing it.

Thus.....were blinded.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
Quote:
The opportunity is now to become un-blinded, is to accept Jesus as God and be healed.
How about the opportunity is to actually obey and follow Jesus' teachings instead?>>>Shermana

Jesus provided the means by which we could follow His teachings and those means are indwelling of His Holy Spirit within us as new born creatures.

The law requires while grace allows free will to love God from the heart.

The law has no heart for they were written on tablets of stone.

The differences between the two is the individual willingness to love, verses the requirement to love.

One is under free will ....the other under bondage to do so.

Were it not that God in Jesus had paid the penalty of our eternal separatrion we'd still be under bondage and in a hopeless state.

Personal merit, meaning our good works, would never reach the point that would qualify us for salvation.

You know why that is? Suppose I told you that I reached that point, would that not take away the glory that belongs to God and rest it on my self?
To God be the power, the Glory and Praise, and for myself, well nothing!
His love for me is sufficient to save me without my works.

That is the mystery, the wonder of the world not being able to comprehend the magnitude love of God.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
Quote:
Not an easy task for you but promising.
I imagine you following Jesus's teachings and reading the text without Trinitarian presumptions that don't fit the text at all would be much less easy.

My friend, I see God spirit working via His three administrations
1. Fathers = creater of all there is...as in Genesis
2. Son's = re-creator of the existing creation; a new Spiritual Kingdom (House)
3. Holy Spirits = the administrator of this new kingdoms house in on going basis, adding daily as the Spirit of God sees fit.

If you can not see that in reading of the scriptures, then God has as yet not opened your eyes to the spiritual.

Not that its bad mind you, but can you imagine the blessing being missed that one could have right now?

You know, I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was 13 years old. I'm 65 now and I can tell you that I ceased from trying to be good in order to make it to heaven.

Instead, I have peace through rest from my labors in Jesus who is my rest for the works of my salvation.

I don't fear not making it, I don't fear a hell, yet I glory in knowing my life is already sealed to eternity in Jesus.

Therefore, I am not compelled to love God as many do, but rather of my own free will, to love God at my best.

That I know He appreciates, cause He works in my behalf all the time.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
Just a note: In all of your research's, allways keep in mind this questions, what did God do to save mankind?
I mean what work did He do?
How did He do it?
And why did He have to do it?

Bible commentaries are good research books, but somethings just don't have answers.

The answers lie at the foot of the Holy Spirits guiding us through it all as He sees fit to teach us.

The point of it all, is that in the diversity of beliefs faith in God must be born, and if born, unity of faiths is accomplished in one Spirit.

Similar to the following verse: Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Until Abraham, knowledge of God was without form, void and darkness. (Lack of knowledge)
The face of the deep is a metaphor of the degree lack of knowledge was and how deep in the hearts of mankind lacking.

The Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters, metaphor for the multitudes of people.

Oooooh, if but the waters could only understand a little about the wonderful love of God us ward, we would appreciate in heart all that He has done for us and the more we would desire to love Him.

Blessings, AJ

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
However 8:1-4 is pre-empted by 9:1 - Isa 9:1 ¶ But there shall be no gloom to her that was in anguish. In the former time he brought into contempt the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali; but in the latter time hath he made it glorious, by the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the nations.

So 8:1-4 signifies former times whereas the coming of the Messiah is in a latter time. Neither was there anyone auspicious coming out of the Galilee region in the time of Isaiah. Can you name one?

Also these verses suggest that Galilee was already desolate as Isaiah began his writing. Isa 1:7 Your country is desolate; your cities are burned with fire; your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.
8 And the daughter of Zion is left as a booth in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city.

You've failed to take the book of 2 Chronicles and 2 Kings along with Isaiah into consideration. None of this is pointing to a supposed birth 700 years later as Ahaz was a heathen king none of the prophecy about a birth happening 700 years later as such a prophecy would have meant little during his time as he was a king seeking help from another king against neighboring cities he was about to go to war with.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Lione D' ea: False

What's false? It most certainly does say "young woman". It is rendered that way in many Christian bibles as well as the Jewish Tanakh. You ARE basing your translation and understanding on the KJV. The KJV DID translate the word to mean "virgin" from the Greek ("parthenos"). They didn't render it from Hebrew to English. And you certainly did not contest the rendering to ("young woman") the CJB listed. So what in all of that is false?

let us read Isaiah 7:14 it say's:

Therefore, the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign; behold, the young woman....? (TCJB)

Lione D' ea: The verse did not tell she is not virgin there because she is in the state of a young

Nor does it tell us she is a virgin. Almah has less to do with actual virginity. If you were talking about (bethulah) then we'd have no argument because I'm sure both of us can agree that (bethulah) means virgin.

to testify my statement the Bible interpret itself a young woman once had a husband cannot called as young woman but a woman in Genesis 2:23-24 Read:

And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Eve is not really a good example. Scriptually speaking she was created. We have no idea how old she was. She could have been created as a teenager or created fully adult. Even so, Eve would still have been considered a (bethulah) at the time. If the reasoning is that she would have been an (almah) but then once she was considered Adams wife by "God" then she is just considered "woman" then your line of reasoning that (almah) has to do with virginity is null considering she and Adam never had relations until after being removed from the garden. If (almah) has to do with marriageable age then it would have less or virtually nothing to do with virginity.

Lione D' ea: The woman mention in the passage above is the wife of Adam which is Eve whereas Eve in that time is in the state of purity to precise she is virgin. For in God even both opposite did not mate there, they are married for Him. Concern in Isaiah 7:14 the young woman there is not married how come she is not virgin there. If we say "young woman" she is in independent state.

Eve was a bethulah not an almah.

Lione D' ea: IF we are speaking in the strict sense of the word as you said brother, you cannot say the young woman there is not a virgin

I can because I maintain the context does not tell me she is.

Lione D' ea: The passage you are referring she is not virgin did not tell you she is not virgin that is my answer.

I'm fine with that if that is what you believe. I don't. I have no problem agreeing to disagree.

Lione D' ea: Let us read Isaiah 7:14 it say's:

Therefore, the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign; behold, the young woman is with child, and she shall bear a son, and she shall call his name Immanuel. (TCJB)

Lione D' ea: The word BE did not appeared in the passage brother can you elaborate what you meant?

You said she was "in a state of conceiving" and that's false. The verse says she's already pregnant which is why I said "You can't be "in a state of conceiving" and already "be with child." You can't be ready to become pregnant if you're already pregnant.

Lione D' ea: You can not say: (young woman, damsel, maiden) if she is not virgin because the word virgin is nature in young woman who hadn't intercourse to her. And it is not true meant to us the word young woman is not virgin that is my answer.

Yes you can. "virginity" is (implied) but not known when using the word (almah). Check out how virginity is rendered in Genesis. The understanding is much different at Gen. 24:16 where (almah) doesn't even occur. The word there is (na'arah - damsel) and (bethulah - virgin). A concubine would have been an unmarried woman and in many cases in the bible a young woman/girl and certainly not a virgin.

Lione D' ea:This is the message which Isaiah heard from the Lord only to deliver the report to Ahaz. Then so there is no wrong if God use us as tools to deliver His message because His intention in man is for good that is my answer.

But that's just it. Scriptually speaking I agree with this but you seem to contend that Isaiah delivered a message but in other places it was "God" speaking directly to Ahaz and I have shown that no theologian or biblical scholar agrees with this.

Last edited:

F0uad

I have a question for the Christians if you are trying to use Isaiah to give ''prophecies'' about Jesus(p) can muslims also take verses out of Isaiah to show ''Prophecies'' about Mohammed(saws) and if not why not?