• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you ever experience a miracle?

Servant_of_the_One1

I dont know if this can be called miracle but heck who cares. It was finding my phone galaxy s3 back after it fell on the ground. Hours later, someone who lives close to me found my phone on the street!

I wonder if it was iphone and i would get it back!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I dont know if this can be called miracle but heck who cares. It was finding my phone galaxy s3 back after it fell on the ground. Hours later, someone who lives close to me found my phone on the street!

I wonder if it was iphone and i would get it back!

Believe me, I have Phone miracles a lot. I havent paid off this phone and Ive lost it so many times that the miracle is that it shows up eventually.

Ive had blessings. There the everyday stuff. Surviving brain surgery is a miracle. Getting up and brushing myself off after a seizure because i was running is a miracle. Having seizures everywhere BUT crossing the street,now thats a miracle (knocks on wood)

Jumi

I lost my wallet once and a stranger found my driver's license inside, found out my number and called me. He and his wife drove to my place to bring the wallet to me.

I've also found a wallet that I brought back to it's owner. She was grateful that I took no money (around 200 in there) that she gave me half of it and wouldn't take no for answer.

catch22

Random acts of kindness are nice.

I consider every beat of my heart and every breath I take to be a miracle.

Tumah

Veteran Member
I don't think its such a miracle when someone does a kind deed. I see signs all over the place that people hang up when they find something.

catch22

I cannot say that I've ever witnessed a literal miracle.

You'd need to make a definition of miracle, then. I said earlier breathing and heart beating is miraculous. For me, that is.

What would you consider to be one, to know one, when you witnessed it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I usually call it a miracle when I realize that I might have crashed my car but didn't. Once I was driving this awful intersection. I am going to describe it for your reading pleasure. :p

Driving south on interstate 95 north of Boston two major roads merge. Then about 4 seconds after the merge (depending on the speed) there is a right turn to Route One to Boston. One must travel over quickly to the left after the merge and one should be on the right side if taking the next exit. Well, of course, someone wasn't paying attention and forgot all that. He, in his little sport's car cut right in front of me. We are going at least 55, but I forget. One half second difference and my kids and I would be dead or mangled bad enough that we might wish it. So I thanked God. Just because.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
A miracle is that I post a whole thread without one spelling error and just enough words that it doesn't make the reader quote "circular reasoning."

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You'd need to make a definition of miracle, then. I said earlier breathing and heart beating is miraculous. For me, that is.

What would you consider to be one, to know one, when you witnessed it?
This is why I put in the word "literal" in the sentence.

If a miracle is that confusing to tell, then maybe there's no such thing. According to one cosmologist, there's never been a substantiated miracle under controlled experimentation.

However, I'm not saying that there are no such things as miracles.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I usually call it a miracle when I realize that I might have crashed my car but didn't. Once I was driving this awful intersection. I am going to describe it for your reading pleasure. :p

Driving south on interstate 95 north of Boston two major roads merge. Then about 4 seconds after the merge (depending on the speed) there is a right turn to Route One to Boston. One must travel over quickly to the left after the merge and one should be on the right side if taking the next exit. Well, of course, someone wasn't paying attention and forgot all that. He, in his little sport's car cut right in front of me. We are going at least 55, but I forget. One half second difference and my kids and I would be dead or mangled bad enough that we might wish it. So I thanked God. Just because.

Ha sheesh, wow.. kinda like the "Mixing Bowl" if you heard that in the DC metro area. Four lanes, exits are on the right as well as the high way entrance.

People swinging onto the highway must cross over left (left-cars) merge with people existing the high way (right-cars). This swap onto/off of is within a mile. If the Left-cars dont get over before the right-cars they miss their exist or crash. The left-cars have to make it to their lane before the right-cars block them or they will crash (course they have to slow down)

If i explained that right at all.

catch22

This is why I put in the word "literal" in the sentence.

If a miracle is that confusing to tell, then maybe there's no such thing. According to one cosmologist, there's never been a substantiated miracle under controlled experimentation.

However, I'm not saying that there are no such things as miracles.

Aside from the big stuff we hear about, but rarely see for ourselves, I think miracles are fairly personal. I also think things people consider supernatural or just unusual fly under the radar of detection (since it didn't strike them as a miracle, but if you think about, probably was?)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Aside from the big stuff we hear about, but rarely see for ourselves, I think miracles are fairly personal. I also think things people consider supernatural or just unusual fly under the radar of detection (since it didn't strike them as a miracle, but if you think about, probably was?)
Again, I take the "I don't know" position. I don't have to rely on hypothetical miracles in order to appreciate living and appreciating this world. If there are miracles, that's great, but I don't have to believe in that which I have found no evidence for.

bud123

Yes. I had a relative who had lung cancer, he was in the hospital bed and in the morning the family went to go and see how he was and the hospital room smelt of the incense that our church uses in worship. He took an x ray and the cancer was gone. Another one is the night my grandfather died. He had made a call to my family and i remember thinking that i can say hello to him for the last time or choose to walk away. I strangely thought to myself that if i talked to him i would be upset so i decided not to speak to my grandfather that night. I remember waking up later that night to my dad crying and i just knew he had passed, i never shed a tear. Have other personal ones, mine are more to do with the supernatural.

dust1n

Zindīq
Divinity, no. Miracles in a loose sense, sure. I'm not sure why God would care about people's cell phones. I'd suspect cell phones won't be anti-productive to God's agenda.