• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disproving god with the laws of logic

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
To Thief who believes that every effect has a cause. Explain to me the cause of photons, if you please. Get back to me on that one.

Explain to me the cause of the decay of a radioactive nucleus, if you please. Get back to me on that one.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
If cause and effect is endemic to science, please explain the origins of photons. Please explain why a radioactive nucleus decays. There are atomic and subatomic events that have no evident cause. What happens to cause and effect then?

freethinker44

If cause and effect is endemic to science, please explain the origins of photons. Please explain why a radioactive nucleus decays. There are atomic and subatomic events that have no evident cause. What happens to cause and effect then?

Lol, I was going to bring that up but it is too much scientific jargon and I am not nearly familiar enough with quantum theory to explain it to someone else. But I agree totally, I just never bring it up to theists.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
All matter comes from the singularity.
If you want to discuss physical items...answer me first the source of such things.

I have given credit to God.

Science won't be able to answer. The cause (source) of the universe is God.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Lol, I was going to bring that up but it is too much scientific jargon and I am not nearly familiar enough with quantum theory to explain it to someone else. But I agree totally, I just never bring it up to theists.

You should start. Then we get hilarious squirming like we have from Thief right now.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
All matter comes from the singularity.
If you want to discuss physical items...answer me first the source of such things.

I have given credit to God.

Science won't be able to answer. The cause (source) of the universe is God.

Firstly, you haven't answered my questions - the answers to which defeat your entire premise. This is intentional dishonesty. If you were sincere in your beliefs, you'd at least make a halfassed attempt to answer honestly.

Secondly, you have no proof for your claim. Especially when I have demonstrated the premise you are operating on is completely fallacious. Either abandon your position and modify your views, or remain in your bubble of ignorance. Which is it?

I haven't "disproved God", but I have readily demonstrated to you that not every effect has a cause. There goes your cloaked up kalam argument out the window.

Edit: Oh, and it's a little rich for you to accuse other people of red herrings. I ask you "What is the cause of photons?" and you answer "All matter comes from the singularity". Wow. And which property of matter would photons fall under? Solid? Liquid? Or gas?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Back to the singularity.
If we can't get past this ...nothing else can follow.

God did it.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Back to the singularity.
If we can't get past this ...nothing else can follow.

God did it.

You can't get past my obvious demonstration that some effects do not have a cause. Science did it.

Edit: Dodging the question continuously just shows me you have no answer. Either answer the question or admit you cannot answer it.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think you're finally getting the point.

Logic moves from one item to the next.
The singularity denies all logic.
Why create anything and disturb the perfect darkness of the void?
No cause to.

For the singularity to be truly singular...there cannot be a secondary point.
No secondary point.... no geometry...no geometry.... no equations.

Science doesn't really work well without experimentation.
Got any experiments to explain the singularity?

Logic fails because the terms of existence cannot be applied.
Unless you're willing to allow.....
I AM!

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
I think you're finally getting the point.

Logic moves from one item to the next.
The singularity denies all logic.
Why create anything and disturb the perfect darkness of the void?
No cause to.

For the singularity to be truly singular...there cannot be a secondary point.
No secondary point.... no geometry...no geometry.... no equations.

Science doesn't really work well without experimentation.
Got any experiments to explain the singularity?

Logic fails because the terms of existence cannot be applied.
Unless you're willing to allow.....
I AM!

Still waiting for the answer to my question.

The only reason I'm not going to answer YOUR spiel is because if I do, you are merely going to continue to disregard my question and suck me into another discussion continuing on this premise which I've already defeated resoundingly. Your premise has been defeated. Why do you persist in this argument that is demonstrably flawed?

freethinker44

Either something exists or it doesn't, if you can say god exists for no reason why can't you say anything else can exist for no reason. And you are wrong about perfectness of the void, if anything you could say it was perfect entropy, and after the "bang" or inflation as its now known, there was perfect balance and immediately began to descend into an entropic state and form galaxes and stars and planets and the like.

freethinker44

Lack of knowledge isn't reason to insert knowledge. Just because we don't know what was before your singularity doesn't mean god is the default answer.