• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disproving god with the laws of logic

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Either something exists or it doesn't, if you can say god exists for no reason why can't you say anything else can exist for no reason. And you are wrong about perfectness of the void, if anything you could say it was perfect entropy, and after the "bang" or inflation as its now known, there was perfect balance and immediately began to descend into an entropic state and form galaxes and stars and planets and the like.

Hmmmm....what was the cause of the void :rolleyes:? What caused the "perfectness of the void"? He's blatantly contradicting himself on a premise that has already been shot down and he doesn't care to answer the questions that would prove his arguments to be valid.

freethinker44

I get so irritated when people are so intellectually dishonest they refuse to see something even when its shoved in their face. There is nothing wrong with being wrong. Just about every atheist was wrong about his or her own beliefs system at least once. The difference between atheists and theist is that atheists care whether their beliefs are correct and theist NEED their beliefs to be correct. Give up your fear of the unknown and open your mind, you won't be disappointed I promise.

freethinker44

So I gave my open mind to God.
I am not disappointed.

Exactly, you gave your mind to something that doesn't exist and you need to continue to lie to yourself for fear you might be disappointed. And then you come on a forum like this because you need to feel like the lies you live by need to be validated. Am I in the ballpark here.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No. You're standing in the parking lot and you don't have a ticket.

Belief in God does not require proving. That's called faith.

But when I look up I see an effect....large and so throughly done....
And I have given the credit to God.

Trying to say there is no God is equivalent to saying there are no stars.
Cause and effect.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Exactly, you gave your mind to something that doesn't exist and you need to continue to lie to yourself for fear you might be disappointed. And then you come on a forum like this because you need to feel like the lies you live by need to be validated. Am I in the ballpark here.

Meh. No more point in wasting the kilojoules typing to try and put fact into someone's head.

You can't argue with someone who has already made up their mind what the answer is.

freethinker44

Cause and effect.

wow!!!!

freethinker44

IEUR221926XJAN1923174.jpg

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious

Cause and effect.

I know I said there is no more point wasting the kilojoules typing, but I just feel a need to point out exactly how many logical fallacies you've used because you're so freaking blind.

- Argument from Ignorance (Everything has cause and effect)
- Affirming the Consequent (If the universe exists, God is the cause. The universe exists. Therefore God is the cause.)
- Cum Hoc fallacy (I see an effect. I believe God exists. Therefore God causes the effect.)
- Non-sequitur/Red Herring (Trying to say no God is equivalent to saying there are no stars)

And those are the just the ones I remember/am arsed to point out.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Cause and effect affirm my belief.

You keep trying to put logic first. Logic came after God.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Cause and effect affirm my belief.

You keep trying to put logic first. Logic came after God.

I have just demonstrated why cause and effect is false! If cause and effect "affirm" your belief, where do photons originate!?

I am NOT employing an argument based on logic, but based on facts - scientific reality - where do photons come from?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If you take away cause and effect you omit science.
Science holds true...for every effect there is a cause....for every cause there is an effect.
I don't mind if you want to omit science.

The singularity is the source of all matter...including that photon you want to talk about.

Besides God created light. He did it in the dark....in the void...without a cause.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Science holds true...for every effect there is a cause....for every cause there is an effect.

The singularity is the source of all matter...including that photon you want to talk about.

Besides God created light. He did it in the dark....in the void...without a cause.

What property of matter is a photon: solid, liquid, or gas?

This is science. Science has observed no evident cause for photons. Read up on quantum theory. It's quite obvious if I even attempt to explain even a simplified version to you, you'd just continue your mantra of "Cause and effect". "God did it".

You are holding onto this point that is demonstrably untrue. Until you can explain the cause of that photon, (oh and all the other examples of cause without effect), then your argument will be valid.

So care to explain, or are we done here?

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious

If God was in the void, it wasn't a void.

And you've just gone against your own mantra of "cause and effect".

So not only do you contradict yourself and employ logical fallacies left and right, you refuse to accept the fact science cannot attribute a cause to photons.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You say science cannot attribute any cause of a photon?
Okay...science didn't do it.....God did.

Really guys.
You cannot disprove God by logic. Logic does not apply.
The technique won't work.
Each time you offer objection...a believer will say...God first.

We are several hundred replies into this and you don't get it.
And you think I'm stubborn!