• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do God really care about which religion people follow?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
And how do you define righteousness?

Do some things you believe are required but you can also do anything else you want also, as long as you do those listed things.

Seems like a job to me. Wake up in the morning and do your righteous stuff really quick so you can go out and do stuff you really enjoy.
Jesus defined righteousness so I don't need to.
Jesus did not say we need to practice righteousness 24/7. I don't think anyone can do that.

I think everyone needs some time to enjoy themselves. What do you really enjoy?
I have much less enjoyment now that my husband has passed on but I do enjoy my cats and watching birds and other animals, and looing at trees and nature and beautiful scenery.

Tinkerpeach

Jesus did not say we need to practice righteousness 24/7. I don't think anyone can do that.

I have much less enjoyment now that my husband has passed on but I do enjoy my cats and watching birds and other animals, and looing at trees and nature and beautiful scenery.
That’s what I thought you would say.

You say we just need to be righteous to go to heaven but don’t have any idea what that actually means.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
So from a Islamic perspective god is independent so obviously if you decide to follow the wrong or the right religion, this won’t effect him in any way. God is also all loving and if this life is a test as we Muslim believe, he want us to accept the truth so we can be grateful to him for the things we have and we repent when we sin, so we have a relationship with him. So it all depends on the attributes of god you believe in.

To reply your answer to the question. I understand your point that’s it important to have a good heart, the issue only what is considered to have good head according to god?
And if 2 religions contradict each other on what is considered to be a good heart then the question is who is right or are they both wrong?
And of course that answer can only come from God. He, only, knows the true heart, and He only can make that judgment. That is the judgment of the first great commandment. The second great commandment we have more perspective to utilize, but how we measure on the second will weigh heavily on how we are measured by God on the first.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality

To live in righteousness is simply to live RIGHTLY. And that is continuously. ie. Many religions say not to partake of alcohol. And that would be because fir some it can be difficult to do so "rightly." And yet there is a medicinal use for moderate alcohol consumption. The same can be said for eating, as we must eat, and yet gluttony is sinful. There is oftentimes a thin line between sharing news of concern and gossip. So living in righteousness means mindfully living right, per the two great commandments, in every moment. And you can definitely have fun in righteous living. In fact, it makes fun more enjoyable.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That’s what I thought you would say.

You say we just need to be righteous to go to heaven but don’t have any idea what that actually means.
I never really thought much about what it means since I am not a Christian, and as a Baha'i there are different criteria for 'getting to heaven.'

A Baha’i once asked the Guardian of the Baha’i Faith (Shoghi Effendi) how to get to heaven, and here was his answer:

"To 'get to heaven' as you say is dependent on two things--faith in the Manifestation of God in His Day, in other words in this age in Bahá'u'lláh; and good deeds, in other words living to the best of our ability a noble life and doing unto others as we would be done by. But we must always remember that our existence and everything we have or ever will have is dependent upon the mercy of God and His bounty, and therefore He can accept into His heaven, which is really nearness to Him, even the lowliest if He pleases. We always have the hope of receiving His mercy if we reach out for it."

(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, January 12, 1957)
Lights of Guidance (second part): A Bahá'í Reference File

To get the guarantee, you need both faith in Baha’u’llah and good deeds, but I do not think that means that only Baha’is will be in heaven...
That would not be justice since not everyone has heard of Baha'u'llah. Moreover, before Baha’u’llah came people who were near to God died, so I think they will be in heaven.

It is also important to note that Baha'is are required to believe in Jesus, and the other Manifestations of God, not only Baha'u'llah.

I think what is meant by good deeds, living to the best of our ability a noble life and doing unto others as we would be done by, can be correlated with living a righteous life.

I think that @Spice hit the nail on the head when she described righteousness.

IsraelMoses

its depend on how you interpret the Bible

I have evidence from the Bible itself that you need not to believe in christianity to go to heaven:

God is love, whoever abides in love abides in God, and God in him, 1 John 4:16

and

Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As people moved eastward,[a] they found a plain in Shinar[b] and settled there.
They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”
But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.” Genesis 11:1-9

God did not want all to believe the same religion. the tower of babel proves that
Once you get the relationship with Him, that He desires, all things will be put in their proper place. He is the Way, the Truth and the Light of the world. The belief in Jesus, must happen. A question can be posed to him, asking for forgiveness of sins, without having the full knowledge of what sins, but desiring to know the Truth ? He will respond, could be by someone close, without them knowing that they just gave you the answer that you have been seeking. As a child I used to wonder how can God be everywhere, at the same time ? We all are made in His Image, just with flesh externally. God is spirit, as we are. He states, as Jesus did, We are gods. We all are a part of His spirit. But, the Baptism of the Holy SPiritDoesn't have to be in a church. But, as He said to me, to let others know that it is difficult to achieve Heaven, without it. Meaning to us, it is extremely difficult, for there is fellowship that strengthens and greater knowledge that He will reveal to you, while there, plus you are able to minister to others to assist other souls by your testimony.

Tinkerpeach

I never really thought much about what it means since I am not a Christian, and as a Baha'i there are different criteria for 'getting to heaven.'

A Baha’i once asked the Guardian of the Baha’i Faith (Shoghi Effendi) how to get to heaven, and here was his answer:

"To 'get to heaven' as you say is dependent on two things--faith in the Manifestation of God in His Day, in other words in this age in Bahá'u'lláh; and good deeds, in other words living to the best of our ability a noble life and doing unto others as we would be done by. But we must always remember that our existence and everything we have or ever will have is dependent upon the mercy of God and His bounty, and therefore He can accept into His heaven, which is really nearness to Him, even the lowliest if He pleases. We always have the hope of receiving His mercy if we reach out for it."

(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, January 12, 1957)
Lights of Guidance (second part): A Bahá'í Reference File

To get the guarantee, you need both faith in Baha’u’llah and good deeds, but I do not think that means that only Baha’is will be in heaven...
That would not be justice since not everyone has heard of Baha'u'llah. Moreover, before Baha’u’llah came people who were near to God died, so I think they will be in heaven.

It is also important to note that Baha'is are required to believe in Jesus, and the other Manifestations of God, not only Baha'u'llah.

I think what is meant by good deeds, living to the best of our ability a noble life and doing unto others as we would be done by, can be correlated with living a righteous life.

I think that @Spice hit the nail on the head when she described righteousness.
My apologies then.

I can’t really speak to your faith because I don’t know much about it.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

We are gods
We become in the image of G-d as much as we follow His attributes and commandments, if one doesn't do that, then he is the Son of Devil as much he disobeys his commandments, please, right?
(Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah ( who was neither a Zealot, nor he belonged to the Zionism people nor to the Judaism people), makes it clear even as per the Deviant Pauline NT Bible, as I understand, in John 8:39-44, please, right? :

"39 “Abraham is our father,” they answered.

“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would[c] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. "
Right?

Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Question: Do God really care about which religion people follow?

My answer: I believe that to have a good heart is what matters. Is our actions who matters to God , not which religion you follow

Whats your answer to this question?
Yes, the personal God, if that religion, or person's understanding of said religion, leads to actions that hurt others, I think He/She would care.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Does G-d really care about which religion people follow?

Yes, He cares and sends his Prophets/Messengers so that people who have got deviated from the norm are set on the right path again, please, right?
Case in study:
G-d sent (Jesus)Yeshua to bring back the deviated Zionists/Judaism people on the true path that Abraham followed but they refused , rejected persecuted Yeshua, right, please?

We become in the image of G-d as much as we follow His attributes and commandments, if one doesn't do that, then he is the Son of Devil as much he disobeys his commandments, please, right?
(Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah ( who was neither a Zealot, nor he belonged to the Zionism people nor to the Judaism people), makes it clear even as per the Deviant Pauline NT Bible, as I understand, in John 8:39-44, please, right? :

"39 “Abraham is our father,” they answered.

“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would[c] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.”

So, yes, G-d cares, right, please?

Regards

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
Question: Do God really care about which religion people follow?

My answer: I believe that to have a good heart is what matters. Is our actions who matters to God , not which religion you follow

Whats your answer to this question?
People care, but I couldn't claim to truly know God's mind on the matter. I couldn't truthfully even assume, given there being so many claiming so much about what God "truly" cares about. So, unless people are God I don't know. I do know that people are typically quite convicted in their own understanding and religions. People certainly care and are biased, but I wouldn't know if this is true for God.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I know that anyone claiming to speak for God is severely deluded

I knew Christians who claimed God spoke to them, but they couldn't prove it. They asked me to take their word on it and accept it by faith, but I wasn't willing to do that. I can no longer accept the existence of any deities based solely on faith or without any compelling empirical evidence to convince me. I wasted 40 years of my life truly believing in the biblical God, only to end up heartbroken and disillusioned. I won't ever do that again. I learned my lesson.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In a way God doesn't require you to be in the right religion to begin the journey to the truth and God.

Any of these suffice and will lead you to the truth, God, and paradise:

(1) Being truthful (to oneself, God and others).
(2) Believing in God
(3) Fearing the station of God
(4) Emphasizing and calling to the feeding of the hungry and helping the poor.
(5) Prayer to God frequently.

The religion and finding it's truth will be inevitable if one takes these traits per Quran.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Yes, G-d cares and sends his Prophets/Messengers so that people who have got deviated from the norm are set on the right path again, please, right?:

2:88
And verily, We gave Moses the Book and caused after him Messengers to follow in his footsteps; and to Jesus, son of Mary, We gave manifest Signs, and strengthened him with the Spirit of holiness. Will you then, every time a Messenger comes to you with what you yourselves desire not, behave arrogantly and treat some as liars and slay others?
So, yes, G-d cares, right, please?

Regards
2:88
وَلَقَدۡ اٰتَیۡنَا مُوۡسَی الۡکِتٰبَ وَقَفَّیۡنَا مِنۡۢ بَعۡدِہٖ بِالرُّسُلِ ۫ وَاٰتَیۡنَا عِیۡسَی ابۡنَ مَرۡیَمَ الۡبَیِّنٰتِ وَاَیَّدۡنٰہُ بِرُوۡحِ الۡقُدُسِ ؕ اَفَکُلَّمَا جَآءَکُمۡ رَسُوۡلٌۢ بِمَا لَا تَہۡوٰۤی اَنۡفُسُکُمُ اسۡتَکۡبَرۡتُمۡ ۚ فَفَرِیۡقًا کَذَّبۡتُمۡ ۫ وَفَرِیۡقًا تَقۡتُلُوۡنَ ﴿۸۸

Arnaud1221

Red-hood
Religion is important but there is more. Like the geography: knowing where you are is important. This said, some religion are in America, other are in Orient. So, first, you need to religion of your region. Than, the religion is the first law or something said like this and this is very important.