• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do not kill

AdamEve

The ten commandments are just 10 of the 613 laws in the Bible, though.
Is your idea of them being superior shared by others?

What other 613 laws?
I thought everybody considers them superiror laws since they were given by the god itself for us to obey them.
Is there some extended version of the laws?
Are those 613 laws spread around the bible or is there some place where they are listed?
Are those other laws also givenby the god?

krsnaraja

What other 613 laws?
I thought everybody considers them superiror laws since they were given by the god itself for us to obey them.
Is there some extended version of the laws?
Are those 613 laws spread around the bible or is there some place where they are listed?
Are those other laws also givenby the god?

The 613 commandments, as recorded and classified by Maimonides in the 12th century. This listing is taken from his classic compendium of Jewish law, the "Mishneh Torah," which contains 14 primary "books" or sections.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Let`s focus on Cain. If he had no envy he`d not be mad at Abel? Sort of I can`t & the other I`m able. Cain is the lazy one & Abel a workaholic. When Abel received the fruits of his work (fruits, grains, etc ) did he share them to Cain who can`t work because he is lazy? Nope. Abel who is able to do anything did not share the fruits of his labor. Cain was very hungry & so because angry led Cain to kill Abel. In law, this is a homicide not murder. Homicide is a bailable offense.

In law, murder is a form of homicide. Homicide is a vague concept. 1st and 2nd degree murder? Today, Cain would likely be convicted of 2nd degree murder. Maybe another read of the story and we could make it 1st degree murder. :p

Last edited:

Shermana

Heretic
One of the chirstan laws simple say:
One shell not kill (or something like that)
It doesn't say kill if some one tries to kill you, or if someone tries to kill someone you like, it simply says do not kill meaning ever and under any circumstance.
And if this isn't plain enough then Jesus interpretation of the law while dying on the cross should make it even more clear. He didn't kill in prder to save his life which is in complete obedience with the above love which also means do not kill even if omeone tries to kill you.
So i keep wondering how chirtians make excuses when they go around killing, for whatever reason, and keep thinking they are christians.
I thought that you should obey christian laws to be a christan.

Thou shalt not murder.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis

krsnaraja

In law, murder is a form of homicide. Homicide is a vague concept. 1st and 2nd degree murder? Today, Cain would likely be convicted of 2nd degree murder. Maybe another read of the story and we could make it 1st degree murder. :p

Murder is an act of treachery, malice & premeditation. Homicide is when the act is made in self defense or in a fit of anger.

Viker

Murder is an act of treachery, malice & premeditation. Homicide is when the act is made in self defense or in a fit of anger.

Okay. Okay. Some one hasn't read up on modern law. Alright. lol

By law, homicide is the taking of another life; rather it be intentional or not. Example, negligent homicide.

*Silly details and side trips.* :p

krsnaraja

Okay. Okay. Some one hasn't read up on modern law. Alright. lol

By law, homicide is the taking of another life; rather it be intentional or not. Example, negligent homicide.

*Silly details and side trips.* :p

2000 years ago people did not know the word homicide.

Viker

2000 years ago people did not know the word homicide.

They knew about the act and simply had different ideas to meet the situation.

Good thing we came along and cleared things up for them, ain't it? Modernity = clarity. lol

krsnaraja

They knew about the act and simply had different ideas to meet the situation.

Good thing we came along and cleared things up for them, ain't it? Modernity = clarity. lol

Your correct, dude. 2000 years ago there were no sanitary napkins & women`s underwear.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
One of the chirstan laws simple say:
One shell not kill (or something like that)
It doesn't say kill if some one tries to kill you, or if someone tries to kill someone you like, it simply says do not kill meaning ever and under any circumstance.
And if this isn't plain enough then Jesus interpretation of the law while dying on the cross should make it even more clear. He didn't kill in prder to save his life which is in complete obedience with the above love which also means do not kill even if omeone tries to kill you.
So i keep wondering how chirtians make excuses when they go around killing, for whatever reason, and keep thinking they are christians.
I thought that you should obey christian laws to be a christan.

I'm quoting the op as this thread is really digressing badly.

It even begins badly as 'Christians' seem to be targeted.

Cain killed Abel.
Cain then feared being killed by someone else.

Moses wrote an 'eye for an eye'...implying....a 'life for a life'...

Do the participants really think this is not a thread of personal conviction?
And it's not just a 'Christian' topic.

Where you you draw the line?( the actual focus of the op)
At what line drawn?....would you kill.

Viker

Your correct, dude. 2000 years ago there were no sanitary napkins & women`s underwear.

A fresco from ancient Greece.

PiazzaArmerinaMosaicoV300.jpg

The ancient world had a lot of the same stuff we have today.