• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Willful Bums Deserve Charity?

• Total voters

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
-Two bums are sitting on a stoop next to a liquor store asking you for money to buy medicine what would you do?

I'd give 'em a quid if I had some change.
I'd buy anybody a drink, hell, I'd even buy you one! :p

But the thing is, I'm amazed at how many working and professional folks are corrupt, false accounting, deceiving and cheating thieves. I used to catch 'em for my clients. I didn't give 'em a drink when I caught the thieves among 'em, I used to give 'em a hankey to cry into while they told me their sob stories.

Just on the side, what do you do for a living?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
So you were born with loads of abilities which help you to earn plenty and cope well, and it's so easy to slip into a careless ignorant pov that assumes that all those on benefits were as lucky as you.
You didn't earn any of your abilities, you were lucky enough to get born with them.
Wise up to what physical, mental and IQ disability really is, and pay up to help those who need help, is my suggestion.

The biggest parasites are those who evade and avoid paying just and due taxes..... those misers cost billions.

What is just and due?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
What is just and due?
Whatever taxes your country is owed.

I used to work part-time for a huge security company in the UK, surveying properties for various security systems etc . One surveyor had a lovely little sideline, taking backhanders from government and insurance approved contractors to slip them the details of such prospective sites.
Or the dentist who applied for nhs payments for expensive dental work on deceased patients. Lovely little number!
...it goes on....... name a trade or profession and I can recall the scams.
.....and some of these toe-rags probably thought that tramps were scum.

:p

Skwim

Veteran Member
I think they do.
Yet police officer is the 14th most deadly job and firefighter the 26th. And we never think of honoring fishers who die on the job, the most deadly occupation, or loggers, the second most deadly, or aircraft pilots, the third, followed by misc. extraction workers (?), iron and steel workers, roofers, garbage collectors, and farmers and ranch hands.
source

Just saying as a matter of interest. Not taking issue with you.

DavidFirth

Yet police officer is the 14th most deadly job and firefighter the 26th. And we never think of honoring fishers who die on the job, the most deadly occupation, or loggers, the second most deadly, or aircraft pilots, the third, followed by misc. extraction workers (?), iron and steel workers, roofers, garbage collectors, and farmers and ranch hands.
source

Just saying as a matter of interest. Not taking issue with you.

True. I believe each and every person who dies ought to be honored in some way or another.

gnomon

Whether through religious teachings or just plain laziness how do people justify being willful parasites on society and do you think they deserve any charity/help or should they just get a job and earn their daily bread just like the rest of us? I have no problem helping those in actual need, most everyone hits hard times at some point and as long as a person is actually taking steps to fix their situation I don't mind giving a hand up once in a while, now on the other hand a willful bum whose life plan is to leach off the fruits of others labour I have no sympathy for and they can die in the gutter for all I care if that is what it comes to, so it is a no for me.

How about actually studying specifics before posting a generalized nonsense thread.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Whether through religious teachings or just plain laziness how do people justify being willful parasites on society and do you think they deserve any charity/help or should they just get a job and earn their daily bread just like the rest of us? I have no problem helping those in actual need, most everyone hits hard times at some point and as long as a person is actually taking steps to fix their situation I don't mind giving a hand up once in a while, now on the other hand a willful bum whose life plan is to leach off the fruits of others labour I have no sympathy for and they can die in the gutter for all I care if that is what it comes to, so it is a no for me.
All bums deserve charity, even glorified in their profession like a lot of other folks in theirs. After all, it's charity, not capitalism.

It is justified with kindness.

Edit: You seem to think that "the rest of us" engage Capitalism as much as you do. That's not necessarily the case.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say yes.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
"Now there's a man with an open mind - you can feel the breeze from here." Groucho Marx

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

A huge UK Retailer falsified its annual figures in order to keep share prices deceptively high. When the false accounts were discovered share prices fell and millions of pensioner investors were ruined.

A huge British Bank was fined $billions in the US for actively assisting Crime Giants in laundering money. All UK banks are now under the spotlight. How about US Banks?

In fact corruption in commerce, industry, retail, travel and security is vast. And it's amazing how folks still think that a homeless person, disabled from taking part in our world, is a WILFULL BUM!

Next time you pass homeless folks sitting in a doorway, give 'em your change, is my suggestion.

Wirey

Fartist

Speaking as one who has only been able to eat at times as a child thanks to a welfare cheque, I hope you lose your home and wind up on the street. Education is a wonderful thing. If you had to walk a mile in a homeless man's shoes, you'd never say anything this stupid ever again.

Last edited:

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Speaking as one who has only been able to eat at times as a child thanks to a welfare cheque
That was hardly your fault- were your parent(s) willfull bums? there is an old adage "if you can't feed them don't breed them" if they weren't willful bums then what I said wouldn't apply.

I hope you lose your home and wind up on the street.
What a terrible thing to say to someone- shame on you.

If you had to walk a mile in a homeless man's shoes, you'd never say anything this stupid ever again.

If I had to walk a mile in a homeless man's shoes I'd walk that mile and then turn around laughing saying "haha, I have your shoes!" because I am a mile away and I have his shoes and that wouldn't be a stupid thing to say, it would actually be quite clever and humorous.