• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe the Bible is God's word?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
......................................................................................................................................
Unfortunately the pile of rubble is massive, so it seems as if you are still digging your way out.
Yes, the 'pile of rubble ' is massive - 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13
Even false clergy seat themselves in the 'temple' (houses of worship) as if they are God when in reality they are anti-God - 2nd Thess.2:2-8

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
As a former Christian evangelist, I know that there are many Christians who believe Jehovah's Witnesses aren't true Christians and are a misguided cult who hold false beliefs, distort and misinterpret the Bible, and teach unbiblical doctrines (e.g.,...................................................
When a person wants to know what a Catholic believes go to a Catholic
When a person wants to know what a Hindu believes to to a Hindu
When a person wants to know what a Jehovah's Witness believes go to Jehovah's Witnesses - www.jw.org

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Justice as dispensed by “ god “?
Love as in love me or face eternal torture?
Thankfully the God of the Bible is: God "IS" Love
Just as there was No eternal torture for Adam but simply returning to the dust (Gen.3:19)
Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned back to non-life ( a person can Not return to a place he never was before )
There was No post-mortem penalty for Adam, No double jeopardy to be paid by Adam, none for everyone else
Those who choose to be wicked are simply ' destroyed forever ' -> Psalms 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Proverbs 2:22
The wicked will never ' wake up ' ever again - Jeremiah 51:39,57

firedragon

Veteran Member
I believe the whole Bible is not from God. Some people wrote parts that is wrong about God. God has never asked us humans to kill each other. God is against killing innocent people
Many parts of the Bible is from God, but some parts of the Bible is not from God
The parts that is loving and just is from God.

What do you believe about the Bible?
I appreciate your thought and it shows that you are a good person. But your assessment has scholarship behind it. It's how you feel. That's the problem with your thesis. Said with all due respect.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
When a person wants to know what a Jehovah's Witness believes go to Jehovah's Witnesses - www.jw.org

I've spoken with several former Jehovah's Witnesses who all confirmed the information provided by the apologetic source I linked, so I think your point is somewhat moot in this regard. I also trained many of them to be evangelists and street preachers when I was an evangelistic team leader. For example:

Post 1: What are the best and worst things about heaven?

Post 2: Did you know Jesus is considered as a different god according to scripture?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, the 'pile of rubble ' is massive - 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13
Even false clergy seat themselves in the 'temple' (houses of worship) as if they are God when in reality they are anti-God - 2nd Thess.2:2-8
The pile of rubble is massive since it consists of all the false teachings of Christianity PLUS much of what is contained in the Bible.
That is a lot of rubble to dig oneself out of.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I hasten to add that when a person wants to know what an Igtheist believes, ask an Igtheist. (You know where to find me.)

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
Thankfully the God of the Bible is: God "IS" Love
Just as there was No eternal torture for Adam but simply returning to the dust (Gen.3:19)
Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned back to non-life ( a person can Not return to a place he never was before )
There was No post-mortem penalty for Adam, No double jeopardy to be paid by Adam, none for everyone else
Those who choose to be wicked are simply ' destroyed forever ' -> Psalms 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Proverbs 2:22
The wicked will never ' wake up ' ever again - Jeremiah 51:39,57
Except for that Adam is a myth I agree with all of that.
Other than god “is love “ is iffly
Not for the reason you think.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
The pile of rubble is massive since it consists of all the false teachings of Christianity PLUS much of what is contained in the Bible.

I consider myself quite fortunate to have broken free. And I'm relieved to say that my husband has also become more open to seeing the light. He is the last to hold out, but I think that's to be expected given that he is older than me and has been a Christian much longer. Fortunately, all of our children were able to break away much sooner, and thankfully, none of them now believe in the Christianity we indoctrinated them in. I find that a tremendous relief.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Except for that Adam is a myth I agree with all of that.
Other than god “is love “ is iffly
Not for the reason you think.

I agree with you about the biblical God. In fact, I think even less of him, assuming that he exists.

The whole "God is love!" theme is the crux of Christianity and the essential message of Christian evangelism. It is actually an integral part of the evangelical strategy Christians typically use to persuade non-Christians into converting to Christianity. They are more likely to attract potential converts with feel-good messages like "God is love!" or "God loves you!" than with a message like this: "The Bible teaches that God is love, yet it also states that he is jealous and hates certain people and things. The Bible also contains numerous threats of his irrational wrath and how he condemns people to hell for not asking him for his forgiveness for their sins against him. That's not to mention the heinous scriptures in which he ordered the execution of witches, commanded that people be stoned to death for committing adultery, commanded the Israelites to kill every man, woman, child, and infant from another nation, and how he killed almost every single person on earth, with the exception of one family, in a worldwide flood. But just ignore all of this and focus exclusively on our God is love message'."

I'm sure a gospel message like that one would undoubtedly put a significant damper on their evangelism endeavors. I was a devout Christian for thirty years, as well as a successful evangelist, street preacher, and evangelistic team leader. So, I understand that Christians want to present God and Christianity in the best possible light. I've heard this referred to as "lying for Jesus." I was encouraged not to mention scriptures that negatively depicted God when I was a Christian. As a former evangelist, I know from years of experience that Christians who evangelize want the non-Christians they've targeted to focus on the positive scriptures about God's alleged loving and merciful behavior toward humanity, rather than on all of the negative, and often heinous, verses depicting him with sadistic and psychopathic behavior, as well as demonstrating barbaric and genocidal behavior by killing human beings with impunity.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, I find there are MANY false teachings ' about ' Christianity
Jesus said MANY would prove false at Matthew 7:21-23
That does Not make the Bible as wrong, or the teachings of Jesus as wrong
Just makes the false clergy as wrong
False clergy are the ones who seat themselves in the 'temple' (houses of worship) as if they are God when in reality they are anti-God
- 2nd Thess. 2:2-8