• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you dislike popcorn

Smoke

Done here.
I'm weird. I hate and have always hated potato chips. They are greasy and smell yucky to me.
When I first met my husband, his diet consisted almost entirely of popcorn, potato chips, and M&Ms. He did eat the occasional canned pasta product from Chef Boy-Ar-Dee, though, and fortunately his mother and grandmother fed him from time to time.

Kettle corn, but you have to have the salt as well as the sugar, some make it without the salt but that isn't kettle corn to me, you have to have the salt to contrast. If you don't like popcorn, see a doctor, there is something wrong with you.
My problem with kettle corn is that it's never salty enough, and as far as the sugar goes, I can take it or leave it.

I like the 'old maids'. The ones that are half popped, half not popped. Rick and I fight over them. :D
John likes them too. I don't get it. :confused:

Why is it that DarkPenguin and I are the only actual RF members on the list? And I'm not even spelled right. :slap:
She just got confuzed. :)

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I hate popcorn of all varieties, flavours and colours.

I hate the taste, that cardboard/polystyrene flavour really doesn't do it for me. Even when you salt it to high heaven or drench it in butter, and don't get me started in the caramel stuff.

I hate the texture, again if i wanted to chow down on some packing material there's plenty of free polystyrene puffs at work.

I hate the smell, it makes me feel like i'm suffocating - if carbon monoxide had a smell, i bet it would be like popcorn.

I even hate the look, why people eat things that look like deep fried squirrel brains is beyond my comprehension.

So to summarise, i'd rather eat a bag of pine cones than popcorn.

Aqualung

Tasty
1. Beckysoup's husband.
2. Booko's son.
3. Mrsk's daughter.
4. Kunfuzed.
5. DarkPenguin
6. Todd's ex-brother-in-law.
7. Halcyon.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Mmmm... seed skin.

I like to pick all the little salty-buttery bits of kernel skin out of the bottom of the bowl and eat 'em. My wife doesn't like them, so I get them all for myself. Yum. :D

YUCK! That is the worst part of popcorn, which isn't good anyway! Eat them all, I don't want anything to do with the stuff. Thats like eating the shell of a sunflower seed.....:confused:

Aqualung

Tasty
YUCK! That is the worst part of popcorn, which isn't good anyway! Eat them all, I don't want anything to do with the stuff. Thats like eating the shell of a sunflower seed.....:confused:

That's also good. :D I eat a lot of sunflower seeds, and I'd say probably 20% of them I eat with the shells on. Part of the reason for shelling them is that I just like to have something to do - they're quire delicious with the seeds.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
That's also good. :D I eat a lot of sunflower seeds, and I'd say probably 20% of them I eat with the shells on. Part of the reason for shelling them is that I just like to have something to do - they're quire delicious with the seeds.
It's requirement for me and Rick to have Frito Lay sunflower seeds in the car when we're going for a drive or someplace far away. You're right...it does give you something to do plus staves off hunger for a long time. I don't ever eat the shells though.

Aqualung

Tasty
It's requirement for me and Rick to have Frito Lay sunflower seeds in the car when we're going for a drive or someplace far away. You're right...it does give you something to do plus staves off hunger for a long time. I don't ever eat the shells though.

sUNFLOWEr seeds actually make me really hungry, hungrier than I normally would be if I hadn't eaten anything at all. But, I do eat them in the car a ton. It gives me something to do and keeps me awake. Plus, sunflower seeds are just plain fun.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
sUNFLOWEr seeds actually make me really hungry, hungrier than I normally would be if I hadn't eaten anything at all.
Really? hmmm. That's strange.

The biggest dilemma is knowing what to do with the spent shells. Usually we fill up an empty soda cup until it's overflowing. If we don't have a soda cup Rick takes off his ball cap and we put them in there and dump 'em when we arrive at our destination. :p

Aqualung

Tasty
Really? hmmm. That's strange.

The biggest dilemma is knowing what to do with the spent shells. Usually we fill up an empty soda cup until it's overflowing. If we don't have a soda cup Rick takes off his ball cap and we put them in there and dump 'em when we arrive at our destination. :p

Yeah, that's always tough. I usually go to a gas station and buy a big cup of soda the day before or something.