• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you go to hell if you commit suicide?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
prudery is defined as being excessivly concerned with matters of uprightness and correctness.

i would counter that God, being of His nature righteous, omnisciently discerning, holy, and above His creation can *not* exhibit an excess in these qualities.
I, obviously, disagree.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Hell is trying to figure out who is going to hell or not.
I'm not worried about who is going to hell and who is not.

I do what I can to do right by others and teach my children to do the same thing.

If I have to go to hell for that then so be it.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I'm not worried about who is going to hell and who is not.

I do what I can to do right by others and teach my children to do the same thing.

If I have to go to hell for that then so be it.

Well ..I dont think you're going to hell.? But thats just MHO.

Love

Dallas

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Well ..I dont think you're going to hell.? But thats just MHO.

Love

Dallas
I do not believe I am going to hell either.
But I am prepared to accept the consequences if it is true that you have to jump through all these ridiculous hoops that are presented by various people as being required by God to keep from going to hell.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
But I am prepared to accept the consequences if it is true that you have to jump through all these ridiculous hoops that are presented by various people as being required by God to keep from going to hell.

So where have you been working out?..Or do you just do crunches every night by the side of the bed or what?

I need to work out more..I was thinking of the new "buns of steal" series out.and abs..(I did the old ones).

Love

Dallas

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So where have you been working out?..Or do you just do crunches every night by the side of the bed or what?

I need to work out more..I was thinking of the new "buns of steal" series out.and abs..(I did the old ones).

Love

Dallas
There is a YMCA right up the street from the TP where I live.
They base membership fees on income so we paid for the year out of income tax.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
You will needs do better than that.

You make it sound as though death is the only punishment for sin.
I can list several other punishments from the Bible to show this is not true.

I can also show from the Bible where the sons/daughters being punished for the sins of the parents is not only accepted, but demanded.

So will you answer the question or further try to avoid it?
God will not allow man to have the knowledge of good and evil and live forever.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
There is only one hoop.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Again I'd like to ask a serious question:

Do those of you who think that suicides go to hell think that attempted suicides go to hell? Why or why not?

Those that did attempt and weren't successful, are they forgiven? If they are forgiven already, what is the purpose of living for them then? Do attempted suicides go to hell to?

Thanks

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Actually prudery is defined as:
the characteristic quality or state of a prude.

Prude is defined as:
a person who is excessively or priggishly attentive to propriety or decorum

Since God is not a person He can't be a prude.
And you, just like ayani, have completely missed the point.
Or are ignoring/avoiding it.

Interesting how you concentrate on the word "prude" as though it was the most important word in the statement....

I will have to just assume that you two agree with it other than the word "prude"....

HoldemDB9

Intellegence, either high or low, is not a factor in salvation.

I didn't say it was and I don't believe it is. But it works both ways. If someone does something dumb which causes them to follow Christianity, it would be completely insane to think that God would favour them over someone who did not do that dumb thing and therefore did not become a Christian.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I didn't say it was and I don't believe it is. But it works both ways. If someone does something dumb which causes them to follow Christianity, it would be completely insane to think that God would favour them over someone who did not do that dumb thing and therefore did not become a Christian.

The simplicity of salvation escapes many so called smart people. You all kill me with all this smart dumb stuff. While I laugh at all these so called smart people who cannot provide themselves with a decent living, someone else thinks that every decision they make boils down to intelligence.

I guess when you look at a menu in a resturant, there is only one smart item on the menu right?

God does not give a rats azz how smart you are. Salvation is a gift, you either except the gift or you don't. You either believe or you don't.

I can just see you telling God how smart you are and above all of his servants. :rolleyes:

HoldemDB9

The simplicity of salvation escapes many so called smart people. You all kill me with all this smart dumb stuff. While I laugh at all these so called smart people who cannot provide themselves with a decent living, someone else thinks that every decision they make boils down to intelligence.

I guess when you look at a menu in a resturant, there is only one smart item on the menu right?

God does not give a rats azz how smart you are. Salvation is a gift, you either except the gift or you don't. You either believe or you don't.

I can just see you telling God how smart you are and above all of his servants. :rolleyes:

Again I did not say that God would in any way favour intelligent people over dumb people, so I don't know what on earth you are talking about here. People like you make me physically feel sick.

"Salvation is a gift, you either except the gift or you don't. You either believe or you don't." Are you serious? Obviously if I knew that the gift was there then I would accept it, but I do not know that the gift is there and neither do you. Its just that you have faith that the gift is there. There is an astronomical difference between having faith that something is true and knowing that it is true.

Now since you only have faith that you are right, whether or not you actually are is pure chance. So like I've been saying throughout this thread, you are saying that God punishes and rewards based on sheer luck. But like I expected, you just will not answer me when I bring stuff like this up - I wonder why??? :ignore: :ignore: :ignore: