• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have a tattoo?

kadzbiz

I am currently tattooless, but hopefully that will change some time soonish. Possibly an Aegishjalmur or an Othala Rune.

Where would you put it?

I have three and my pictures of them really suck. (Pardon my freckles and blotches.)This here, is a sun that I have on my back. His name is Doyle. This is a sun, located on my left ankle. And last but not least...the most visible of the three...my three leaf clover. This little dude is on my upper chest.

Doyle. I like that.

I have a tattoo on each arm. Both of them are Celtic designs. I intend to add to them when I get the hang of photoshop and create my own design.

I just drew mine out on a piece of paper.

....1. Great Serpent wound around a sword and rose, shaded. It is over the scar I have on my hip from surgery......3. Theban writing above the rose on my shoulder blade.....For my 7th I plan on a rod of Asklepios with inverted serpents piecing the Cathar Cross....

Some great tattoos that I'd love to see pics of one day.

Man, all you people with tatoos are really brave. :bow: I always wanted a tatoo, but I basically terrified of needles and pain. So unless i was knocked out I'm not sure I'd be able to do one. But if I did, I would have a dragon curled around a sword on my back. :rolleyes:

I was told that my chest tattoo would hurt, but I found it painless. Just felt like a buzzing over my heart. And they're not like regular needles. Just don't look.

kadzbiz

..... I would just like to know when most of you consider enough to be enough?

It all depends. If you mean how much is enough on oneself, then it comes down to money, time, your vision, some people have done it to protect their skin from sun damage. If you mean how much is enough when you look at others, it depends if you like tattoos, if you like the particular tattoos on someone, what message if any they are conveying, etc. If you're an artist or a collector, same question can be asked.

It all depends. If you mean how much is enough on oneself, then it comes down to money, time, your vision, some people have done it to protect their skin from sun damage. If you mean how much is enough when you look at others, it depends if you like tattoos, if you like the particular tattoos on someone, what message if any they are conveying, etc. If you're an artist or a collector, same question can be asked.

But do you ever consider the reactions you are getting from the public when they view your tattoos? I would expect that tattoos on the face, other than perphaps cosmetic tattoos, would be consider freakish by most folks.

Ater all it wasn't all that long ago that the tattoo man was part of the freak side show, though I don't think one could make a living off of it today. So was the half women /half man.

kadzbiz

But do you ever consider the reactions you are getting from the public when they view your tattoos? I would expect that tattoos on the face, other than perphaps cosmetic tattoos, would be consider freakish by most folks. Ater all it wasn't all that long ago that the tattoo man was part of the freak side show, though I don't think one could make a living off of it today. So was the half women /half man.

Speaking only for myself, I've never had anything but praise for my tattoo, even from my mother who originally abhored the idea of one of children ever getting a tattoo. And to me, my tattoo is quite personal and I had it placed in such a spot that I could, if I chose to, wear just a tanktop and it would still be covered.

There's no doubt different tattooed people have tattoos for different reasons and some people would have tattoos specifically to intimidate, shock or bemuse people.

Aqualung

Tasty
My dad didn't want his tats posted on the internet, but here are some of my mom's. She forgot to photograph the bears, so I'll get one later.

On her ankle (panoramic view)

Aqualung

Tasty
On her side

On her back

Notice the giraffe doesn't have an outline, because it's made up of peices of lava rock.

My dad drew all of these and owns the copyright. Any copying of these images is prohibited.

kadzbiz

.....My dad drew all of these and owns the copyright. Any copying of these images is prohibited.

Thanks to your mum for allowing the post of them. Wow, I didn't know one could copyright a tattoo. Would they need little copyright signs (C) added? Will the tatts ever be colored in? And tell your dad there's people who admire his work and want to see his own ones....thanks for sharing Aqualung.

Aqualung

Tasty
Thanks to your mum for allowing the post of them. Wow, I didn't know one could copyright a tattoo.
Any original work (such as a tatoo) placed in a tangible medium (such as skin) is automatically copyrighted. You don't need a copyright sign, and you don't need to register it. It's automatic.

Will the tatts ever be colored in?
My mom has a lot of medical problems which require her to use MRIs, and she doesn't want to take the chance of being one of the few people who get negative reactions from having an MRI with a colour tatoo.

And tell your dad there's people who admire his work and want to see his own ones....thanks for sharing Aqualung.
Ok. I'd really want you to see his angel. It's awesome.

kadzbiz

Any original work (such as a tatoo) placed in a tangible medium (such as skin) is automatically copyrighted. You don't need a copyright sign, and you don't need to register it. It's automatic.

I never knew that.

My mom has a lot of medical problems which require her to use MRIs, and she doesn't want to take the chance of being one of the few people who get negative reactions from having an MRI with a colour tatoo.

Wow, I never knew that was possible either. Boy I'm learning a lot at RF.

Aqualung

Tasty
I never knew that.
I love copyright law, so I have learned a lot about it. Especially since I made a friend studying copyright and patent law. Conversations with him are awesome.

Wow, I never knew that was possible either. Boy I'm learning a lot at RF.

It's a small chance, but it's still possible. It would probably cause more discomfort than anything else, but it can also cause burns as the electricity from the MRI runs through the iron oxide that is common in most colour inks.

wicca_woman

831...J&J
Man, all you people with tatoos are really brave. :bow: I always wanted a tatoo, but I basically terrified of needles and pain. So unless i was knocked out I'm not sure I'd be able to do one. But if I did, I would have a dragon curled around a sword on my back. :rolleyes:

I HATE needles but I have 4 tattoos and plan on getting another...a lot of planning go into mine because i know that they will be there forever !!

if i knew how to post pics here i would...

Pariah

Let go

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm gonna be able to make enough at my new job to be able to finally afford some. :biggrin:
I've decided I'm going to get the tattoo design for Disturbed's album "The Sickness."
It is going to have the face logo, with the phrase "DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS" wrote around it in sketchy, slightly sloppy, letters.

Ðanisty

I'm in the process of getting both of my arms sleeved plus I have 3 tattoos on my left leg. I have lots more planned though including a full back piece.

It really doesn't hurt that bad and it definitely doesn't feel like a needle.

Sorry, I didn't mean anyone in particular. I would just like to know when most of you consider enough to be enough?
Never...lol. In all honesty, I don't see people with tattoos on their faces, heads, hands, necks, ect. any differently. I don't even find it distracting.

But do you ever consider the reactions you are getting from the public when they view your tattoos?
I get lots of great reactions to my tattoos. I've probably only gotten a negative reaction a couple of times. It's nothing compared to all the great stuff I hear every time I leave the house.

It's a small chance, but it's still possible. It would probably cause more discomfort than anything else, but it can also cause burns as the electricity from the MRI runs through the iron oxide that is common in most colour inks.
It's a very, very, VERY small chance. Think of all the people who have tattoos and have no problems with MRIs. If this was something to be concerned about, the media would be all over it already. My suspicion is that this was sometimes a problem with old tattoo inks, not the modern inks used today.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I have a dragon wrapped around 2 different color roses on my left leg. Approximately 6 inches high and 2 inches wide. It is orange and yellow with lots of scale detail (took over 3 hours to do) and the roses are red and yellow with flecks of the other color in each. The stem of the roses comes down a bit from the dragon and I've been thinking about getting more added by the way of taking the stem down like a vine and having it loop around my ankle with thorns and rose buds along it.

I also have an Ahnk on my right shoulder blade. It is alternating blue and yellow, with a red rose with green stem is wrapped around it. The element colors represented nicely.

wicca_woman

831...J&J
here are two of my tats...the one of the cross and tribal is my own design for my brothers...J & J(Johnny and Jason)in the center of the cross...in green writing starting above the cross Dreams do come true. in the ribbon across the bottom of the cross is 831...meaning 8 letters , 3 words ,1 meaning...can you figure that one out ?

the moon and stars is in memory of my first niece or nephew...3 stars , for me and my brothers. Stanley Baby for the baby.and the moon...there are four colors air,water,fire,earth=yellow,blue,red and green...

i put a lot of thought into a tattoo before i get it done but i have designed all of mine . i have one in the works now...

Attachments

• DSC00557.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 613
  • DSC00558.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 377