• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have Bible questions today?

PureX

Veteran Member
Well, there we do agree. I've long noted that the bible says
whatever anyone wants it to say.
A key aspect of its continuing popularity.
Not whatever they want it to say; as it says what it says. But what they want to think it means, yes. Which is why it works for so many people.

Audie

Veteran Member
Not whatever they want it to say; as it says what it says. But what they want to think it means, yes. Which is why it works for so many people.

Says-says. The dictionary seems to think I used it correctly.
In the event, this is just equivocationally arguing semantics.

And it means to the reader whatevs they like.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Satan is a woman? Mind-blown.
Oh, I am sorry. Was it a man? I must have missed the final results of the very important question about the sex of the angels. Probably the app did not work as expected.

ciao

- viole

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I must have missed the final results of the very important question about the sex of the angels.
I missed that too, that's why I'm so "surprised". Will it help if I add these: :rolleyes::p:D?

sooda

Veteran Member
What is your view on William Millers (SDA) calculation from Daniel about the return of Christ?

THE 70 WEEK PROPHECY OF DANIEL

Regards Tony

Daniel is not a prophet.. its an apocalypse..

The book was written in 167 BC to comfort and encourage the Jewish people who were suffering under the persecutions of Antiochus IV Epiphanes.. and his defilement of the Temple.. He sacrificed a pig to the god Zeus.. THAT was the Abomination of Desolation.

David Koresh and Jim Jones didn't understand Daniel either.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Yes maam, however there are many translation errors that can lead to understanding issues. Is there a particular account that you have a question on?
If there are translation errors the Bible can hardly be called "accurate." And in as much as the Bible has errors how can you trust anything else it says? If A, B, and C are wrong how can you be sure X, Y, and Z are true?

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
@Frank Goad

Yo' Frank: Here you go, ... capumetu is a Jehovah's Witness and is offering to answer all of your questions. Just what you've been looking for.

You mean that the answers given by myself and other JW’s were not sufficient? :oops:

You ought to start a private Conversation with him and post your questions there when you come up with them. I suggest a private Conversation thread because that would keep the riff-raff out and allow you to focus on what capumetu says.

Strangely, I have made that suggestion, but for some reason it has not been taken up. I can only hope it will. :)

james bond

If you have not received an answer to your Bible questions, feel free to ask, I will do my best to help.

I saw this in my youtube inbox today based on someone asking here on RF where do you go after you die?

The screen shot is the basic belief that I was taught as a Christian. After we die, it's too late as we want to go through the narrow gate while we are alive. Yet, most of us, even believers, end up taking the easy route or the wide gate. I thought from reading about near-death experiences that we have follow the light and still find an actual narrow gate. What doe you think? I guess I am asking whether it's automatic that you go the right place in Hades or wrong place depending on which gate you've chosen in life? Do you still have to be aware of going to the right gate?

Audie

Veteran Member
I saw this in my youtube inbox today based on someone asking here on RF where do you go after you die?

The screen shot is the basic belief that I was taught as a Christian. After we die, it's too late as we want to go through the narrow gate while we are alive. Yet, most of us, even believers, end up taking the easy route or the wide gate. I thought from reading about near-death experiences that we have follow the light and still find an actual narrow gate. What doe you think? I guess I am asking whether it's automatic that you go the right place in Hades or wrong place depending on which gate you've chosen in life? Do you still have to be aware of going to the right gate?

Oh such twaddle

This is it.

james bond

Oh such twaddle

This is it.

Is that like going through the wide gate? It's easy if all you have to do is die, but what if you have had a good life and then suddenly you're told you'll die at 40 after being found to have cancer? An abnormal death.

Or you lived a difficult life, but somehow ended up believing in the narrow gate and went through it. Now, you're old and going to be rewarded as you also been told to have cancer and will die. Not much time left, but you'll die a normal death.

Not everything in life goes as planned and we just die easy. Can you accept death easy if you knew you were going to die tomorrow?

Audie

Veteran Member
Is that like going through the wide gate? It's easy if all you have to do is die, but what if you have had a good life and then suddenly you're told you'll die at 40 after being found to have cancer? An abnormal death.

Or you lived a difficult life, but somehow ended up believing in the narrow gate and went through it. Now, you're old and going to be rewarded as you also been told to have cancer and will die. Not much time left, but you'll die a normal death.

Not everything in life goes as planned and we just die easy. Can you accept death easy if you knew you were going to die tomorrow?

I overmatched your tedious nonsense
with entrrtaining nonsense. Live with it.

PureX

Veteran Member
Says-says. The dictionary seems to think I used it correctly.
In the event, this is just equivocationally arguing semantics.

And it means to the reader whatevs they like.
No, it means to the reader whatever they think it means. If the text says "red", the readers don't think it means "blue". They think it means whatever "red" means, to them. You're deliberately being dishonest and misleading by claiming the text says whatever anyone wants it to say. The text says what it says. That has nothing to do with what anyone wants it to say. It's the interpretation of the text that is subjective, not the text itself. And it doesn't mean "whatever anyone likes", it means whatever makes sense to the reader according to their own unique knowledge and experience of life.

james bond

I overmatched your tedious nonsense
with entrrtaining nonsense. Live with it.

I'll gladly live with being overmatched by your post if I get in the narrow gate haha. Can you live with it with your free will choice of going thru the w-i-i-i-d-d-d-e gate? I'm told many people choose that because they think it's pearly gates are beautiful and look like it has to be it, it's popular, and easy. OTOH, one may have to leave everything they have behind to get through the narrow gate.

This is probably metaphor as it discusses the prophecies.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

That is based upon a false dichotomy. What if the Muslims are right? You might be worse off than an atheist. What if the Hindus are right? Or the Buddhists, or the followers of countless other religions. And it pretends that Christians do not give up anything when in reality they give up quite a lot.

It is just another failed argument that assumes a rather dim God that is easily fooled.