• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you like Tattoo's On Women?

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Aqualung said:
If they're going to get offended because I said "I tend to think women look skanky with tattoos" instead of adding a reduncy, then they'll probably get offended with the redundancy as well.
Ah, but you didn't say "I tend to think women look skanky with tattoos". You said "women with tattoos tend to be skanky". There is a very clear difference in meaning.

Aqualung

Tasty
http://www.answers.com/tend

This thread might be something you'd want to look at. It defines the word "tend" and shows that A) my usage of it in no way makes fun of anybody specific on this forum and B) cannot be construed to. So go ahead and take your knife out of your back. You don't have to put it in there if you don't want to.

Ðanisty

Bangbang said:
I need to get me an artist to make some Flash for me. I want a tat of Popeye strangling Olive.
Actually, that wouldn't be flash...that would be a custom tattoo. Flash refers to the pages of pre-designed tattoo art that adorn the walls and racks of tattoo shops.

I'm a woman and I have lots of tattoos. I'm working on two sleeves right now and I also have 2 tattoos on my left leg. I love tattoos.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Ok I have read what was meant by skanky.... its not a very nice word though.... I dont feel mine are that way... maybe you would.
Its all down to personal taste.​
Sorry I mis-read this.

Ardent Listener

As a massage therapist I see a lot tattoos on both both men and women. Some that I have seen on women are o.k., but I have seen some on them that would look better on a male Marine. I don't think having a tattoo has anything to do with your character or morality, but a lot of people think so. My best friend has a large tattoo on his back and he is a wonderful guy. I would rather have the scar on my knee than the tattoo on his back. I have not seen any "bodyart" yet that I would consider worthy of tattooing on my or my wife's body. But that's only my opinion on the subject.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I think a woman with tattoos shows she has character. She doesn't do things just because others do. She's her own woman. She's got class. :D

Bangbang

Bastet said:
Ah, but you didn't say "I tend to think women look skanky with tattoos". You said "women with tattoos tend to be skanky". There is a very clear difference in meaning.
I wasjust wondering what is the definition skank mean and what does it have to do with tattoos.

Skank
filth: any substance considered disgustingly foul or unpleasant
a rhythmic dance to reggae music performed by bending forward and extending the hands while bending the knees
<LI>dance the skank
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

[size=-1]<LI>In American slang, 'skank' is an adjective referring to one who is undesirable for unacceptable behavior. Most often this behavior relates to drug use, sexual practices, and/or personal hygene and style. Originally associated with a bad smell and/or scummy or dirty surface, it has come to refer to someone who is either or both physically repugnant for their filth and morally or socially repugnant for their behavior and demeanor, most often sexually. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skank[/size]

[size=-1]<LI>Skank is a Brazilian pop/reggae/ska band. The band was born in 1991, in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais. The band's formation is, since the beginning of the success and without alterations: *Samuel Rosa, vocalist, composer and guitars*Lelo Zanetti, bass, vocals*Henrique Portugal, keyboards, vocals*Lelo Zanetti, drums
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skank_(band)[/size]

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Bangbang said:
I wasjust wondering what is the definition skank mean and what does it have to do with tattoos.
It has nothing to do with tattoos - it's just one person's unflattering view of the character of women who get them.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Why is it that women with tattoos get judged and called names? Were women with tattoos don't judge and call women names that don't have tattoos? :confused:

Circle_One

Ðanisty said:
Actually, that wouldn't be flash...that would be a custom tattoo. Flash refers to the pages of pre-designed tattoo art that adorn the walls and racks of tattoo shops.
Where I'm from, we call those "Pick and Sticks" :D

Ðanisty said:
I'm a woman and I have lots of tattoos. I'm working on two sleeves right now and I also have 2 tattoos on my left leg. I love tattoos.
I'm also a woman with lots of tattoos (I'm actually also working on two sleeves at the moment), as well as one on my sternum, one on the right side of my ribcage, three on my back, one on my stomach and one on each leg (among many others that I have planned).

I LOVE tattoos. I find them dead sexy on both men and women. They show the unique, independent and artistic qualities of those who have them.

Call me skanky if you wish, I've been called worse :p :D

Shade

Men and your double standards, tsk. Heh, honestly, I love tattoos on either sex. Don't get me wrong, I live in the South, I've seen some TACKY tattoos. I love tattoos that are done artistically though and compliment the wearer's body. I plan on getting two tattoos myself, both on my back. I turned 18 last year, so as soon as I've finalized the designs and gather up the cash...off I go...I've already found an artist I like. I do admire some sleeves but would never get them done myself. They just close too many doors, especially if I want to go into law enforcement...I think they would frown upon full that...

Aqualung

Tasty
Bastet said:
It has nothing to do with tattoos - it's just one person's unflattering view of the character of women who get them.
Exactly! :D

Let me clearify something. I don't find tattoos in and of themselves skanky. It's just that most of the women I have seen with tattoos have been skanky, so the association is there.

A

angellous_evangellous

Bangbang said:
No way! I like their natural beauty. Lipstick and some light makeup ....ok......... but Tats? Ughhhhh!:mad:
I lika the tatoos on the lower back. :D

Princesss

I agree with Bastet. If they are done tastefully and I believe for a purposeful reason to each individual person, then there is absolutley nothing wrong with them. I have four myself, and I am getting another one this coming week for the child I lost due to miscarriage in Feb. 2005. I am a mother of 4 beautiful children, married almost 13 years now, and I do not consider myself "skanky" or anything even close to resembling that. I am glad that you clarified yourself in saying that not all women who have tattos are skanky though. In my honest opinion, I feel tattoos, whether on a man or a woman, can be very alluring, if done with taste.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Let me see.... A woman in a ankle length dress, stupid shoes, with granny's bloomers on and an 'I'm to good' attitude...:(
Or a woman with tats, a few piercings, tight leather pants, with the side of her thongs barely showing with an 'I'll make you beg' attitude... :D BRING IT ON!
Not a hard choice, really. :p