• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you like that you wouldn’t have existed at all ?

chinu

chinu
When I was a kid believing in God, I used to hate myself because I knew I was a sinner destined for hell. I used to admire my dog wishing I were her because I felt animals did not have souls and would not go to heaven or hell, and because I had a soul I was destined for one of the other and I saw no way I was gonna get to Heaven. Looking back, during that time I would rather I did not exist at all
So cute!

Be like children if you wanna enter the kingdom of heaven :)

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Do you want that you wouldn’t have existed at all. Neither any existence nor any living struggle, God debates and blah blah blah ?
I love existing, except for some of the physical pain I've endured. I'm an atheist who doesn't care for God debates, however that does not mean that i don't enjoy religious topics. Removing Abrahamic Gods from discussion, I would love to learn about other religions. I'm here for the metaphysical discussions.

The only God burdens I have are the people I know throwing their gods in my face. Otherwise I live free of Gods. Gods don't bother me, nor trouble me at all. The only gods that bother me are from people that think I need their God to avoid eternal doom.

Life and existence is a worthy experience. If I cease to exist or live forever I feel the same way. I'd rather live forever though, and I find reasons to think that is the case.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I love existing, except for some of the physical pain I've endured.
I'm sorry to hear that. I guess all people respond differently to physical pain. My late husband could not tolerate it and he wanted to die. I know another man who doesn't think life is worth living because of his physical pain and the limitations that he has, but he can still walk and ride a bike so I don't think it is that serious. However, I am not him so I don't know what his pain feels like, and it is difficult for me to relate to physical pain since I have never had any. All I have had is emotional pain.
Life and existence is a worthy experience. If I cease to exist or live forever I feel the same way. I'd rather live forever though, and I find reasons to think that is the case.
I'm glad you find reasons to believe you will live forever because I know you will. :)

osgart

I'm sorry to hear that. I guess all people respond differently to physical pain. My late husband could not tolerate it and he wanted to die. I know another man who doesn't think life is worth living because of his physical pain and the limitations that he has, but he can still walk and ride a bike so I don't think it is that serious. However, I am not him so I don't know what his pain feels like, and it is difficult for me to relate to physical pain since I have never had any. All I have had is emotional pain.

I'm glad you find reasons to believe you will live forever because I know you will. :)
There's a lot of pain I can tolerate. It's just that I've had times where the pain went beyond my ability to bear it, and it lasted a long time. Today I don't experience much of any pain. So I managed to survive what I was going through.

As far as emotional pain , I don't think anyone is immune to that. Sometimes emotional is worse than physical pain.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There's a lot of pain I can tolerate. It's just that I've had times where the pain went beyond my ability to bear it, and it lasted a long time. Today I don't experience much of any pain. So I managed to survive what I was going through.

As far as emotional pain , I don't think anyone is immune to that. Sometimes emotional is worse than physical pain.
All people have some emotional pain, so it is only a matter of degree.

There's a lot of emotional pain I can tolerate. It's just that I've had times where the pain went beyond my ability to bear it, and it lasted a long time.
However, I lived through it since the only other option was suicide which was never a serious option even though I thought of it.

Today I don't experience as much emotional pain. I managed to survive what I was going through and I can only hope that by the grace of God I won't ever have to experience what I did before.

osgart

All people have some emotional pain, so it is only a matter of degree.

There's a lot of emotional pain I can tolerate. It's just that I've had times where the pain went beyond my ability to bear it, and it lasted a long time.
However, I lived through it since the only other option was suicide which was never a serious option even though I thought of it.

Today I don't experience as much emotional pain. I managed to survive what I was going through and I can only hope that by the grace of God I won't ever have to experience what I did before.
I'm glad you came through it TB. What helps me is being grateful for the good times, when the bad times hit, or when I experience permanent loss. I try to not fixate on the bad things. Sometimes I take things in little spurts, and not all at once. Oh well, I'm only human, sometimes it's unavoidable. It's good to have support though although for me that's not always possible.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm glad you came through it TB. What helps me is being grateful for the good times, when the bad times hit, or when I experience permanent loss. I try to not fixate on the bad things. Sometimes I take things in little spurts, and not all at once. Oh well, I'm only human, sometimes it's unavoidable. It's good to have support though although for me that's not always possible.
That is pretty much how I get through life. I was not always this way, but now I am grateful for the good times, and even things that would seem small to other people are big for me. Like right now I am just grateful that my oldest cat who has kidney disease is eating again and seems to be stable. I am also grateful that I found a handyman who can work on my houses. I am also grateful that one of my tenants has now paid ahead on the rent, since he used to owe me thousands of dollars.

I don't have much support, I go it alone, but I am grateful for all the support I get on this forum. I am never really alone.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Being born is a choice made by your parents, without even considering whether it will be good for you. I'll never forgive them.
Unfortunately the universe doesn't give people choices.

All one could ever hope for is a good existence, and a peaceful rest in between.

I have this feeling the very worst Hells as well as the very best Heavens will always manifest.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Most of a human's life is a struggle, and I think that most people would prefer to not struggle (and know they'll die some day).
That is not true for everyone, not even for most people. Ask people and they will tell you that most of their life has been happy.
Some us just got the short end of the stick. :(

osgart

That is pretty much how I get through life. I was not always this way, but now I am grateful for the good times, and even things that would seem small to other people are big for me. Like right now I am just grateful that my oldest cat who has kidney disease is eating again and seems to be stable. I am also grateful that I found a handyman who can work on my houses. I am also grateful that one of my tenants has now paid ahead on the rent, since he used to owe me thousands of dollars.

I don't have much support, I go it alone, but I am grateful for all the support I get on this forum. I am never really alone.
Going it alone is when you find out a lot about yourself. I've learned to be my own best friend from that. That's a lot better than self sabotage.

I have been mercilessly self critical in the past, and even to the point of being neurotic. But I've learned since then, to never give up and to give myself a break, and a chance. It takes time for me to learn about myself. Sometimes that's the hardest journey. I have a saying, ' we have eyes to look at others, but not eyes to see ourselves as we are'. That means for some people the hardest thing to see is themselves as they truly are. Now I don't know about everybody, but getting to know one's self can be the most rewarding experience of all.

I think it was the poet Maya Angelou who said, ' Courage is the one virtue that makes all the other one's possible'. Not sure if it's exactly the way she said it, but it's true.

I think you are a real genuine woman TB. I'm glad there's people here to support you.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
But at least you had kids. All I did was take up space. :(
Both my kids inherited a whole bunch of genetic problems from my husband and I. I love my kids with all my heart -- they are the one thing keeping me on this planet. But I feel horrible about bringing them into this world, where they suffer so much. If I had known then what I know now about genetics, I would not have chosen to have kids.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Both my kids inherited a whole bunch of genetic problems from my husband and I. I love my kids with all my heart -- they are the one thing keeping me on this planet. But I feel horrible about bringing them into this world, where they suffer so much. If I had known then what I know now about genetics, I would not have chosen to have kids.
The only kids I ever had were my Persian cats but I can somewhat understand how you feel.

Most of my cats inherited genetic problems from cats that I bred a long time ago, before I knew the parents had genetic problems. I loved my cats with all my heart but I lost most of them to heart and kidney disease and most did not live a full life. I only have one cat left from those genetic lines, Silky. She has kidney disease but is holding her own by some miracle. The other seven cats I have are cats I adopted and they are not young, but they are much younger than Silky. My cats are the one thing keeping me on this planet since my husband passed last year and I have no other family.

I felt horrible about bringing those cats into this world, after I found out that their parents had genetic diseases, but by then it was too late and all I could do is care for them and never breed those cats again. If I had known then what I know now I would never have bred those cats. I may have never had cats at all if I knew the suffering losing them would entail, but that horse has already bolted from the barn.