• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think stepping on bugs is wrong - why or why not?

SheWhoSeesYou

Would you really see that as unfair? If I wouldn't step on them, what's the harm?

If you don't step on them, I don't see any harm. I would rather clean your toes than die, to be honest. It's a no-brainer. Plus, they would be living like kings and queens. A couple of crumbs off your plate would be a feast for them. Wouldn't you do some simple favors for Godzilla, if he made a deal to not step on you?

It might be fun to mess with them a little, but I wouldn't step on them. Ants are fun to mess with. It's fun to smear their scent trail and see them get all confused, but stepping on them just ends all the fun. I'm not going to sit and mourn their death though, either. Have you heard of the guy pouring molten aluminum down ant hills to cast the tunnels and chambers of their nest? Obviously all the ants in the path of the aluminum are being cast as well. I figure, it sucks to be them, but not really. Ants don't think. They just do. Their born; They carry out tasks; They die. They will NEVER do anything except what they are expected to do. They are basically robots. If you trap them in a round enclosed space, they will eventually walk in circles following their trail until they die from exhaustion. They aren't program to think. They're programmed to function until they die. Sure, they are important to the ecosystem, but I'm not saying it's no big deal to wipe out their population, which would be nearly impossible. What do you guys all think of the ant hill art? anthillart.com I think it's fascinating.

Thrylix is stepping on a few ants to watch them scatter. This guy is killing the whole colony to see their nest. Is one more or less moral than the other?

Thrylix

If you don't step on them, I don't see any harm. I would rather clean your toes than die, to be honest. It's a no-brainer. Plus, they would be living like kings and queens. A couple of crumbs off your plate would be a feast for them. Wouldn't you do some simple favors for Godzilla, if he made a deal to not step on you?

Yea, although I got to be honest; I'd probably step on a couple office blocks first... and then make them do that stuff. They would have to be terrified of me first, and what better way to do that than to plant a giant foot down on some busy section of their town?