• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think the Bible could be the word of G-d? /for atheists & agnostics

Could the Bible be the word of G-d?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Do you think that the Bible, *could be the word of G-d? Or divine? This question is for atheists and agnostics, but specification is needed for what type of agnosticism or atheism you are claiming.

*Or some, /any parts of the Bible

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Do you think that the Bible, could be the word of G-d? Or divine? This question is for atheists and agnostics, but specification is needed for what type of agnosticism or atheism you are claiming.

Of course it could. In the same way the Quran could be the word of Allah.

The type of atheism I claim is on my header.

Ciao

- viole

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
I'm a hard atheist, so no.
I don't believe in any such thing as a God.
I do not believe anything such as the bible could be the word of God.

Of course I can't prove that so I don't say it.
I try to always argue from an agnostic atheist perspective of possibilities.

HonestJoe

Anything is possible but most things are unlikely. There is literally an infinite number of ways the Bible could have come about and it being the derived word of the specific god you're thinking of is just one of them. Of course that makes this a rather meaningless question IMO.

I'm sorry but I don't vote on polls like this, because I'm an individual not a label and because there's no way of knowing how false responses skew the results.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Do you think that the Bible, could be the word of G-d? Or divine? This question is for atheists and agnostics, but specification is needed for what type of agnosticism or atheism you are claiming.
All the failings and contradictions of the Bible aside, I just can't take the idea seriously that an omnipotent and omniscient god's best idea for how to communicate to all of humanity is to dictate a book to someone.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Np, im an atheist but also said other, I mean it could be, but I read the bible and there is no way its from a good divine being

Jumi

The question is similar to could you both believe Shakespeare's works to be written by someone else and consider Shakespeare to be the best English language author that ever lived.

Regarding the Holy Books. If gods wrote it, wouldn't they had access to better QA to make sure their message is understood?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I see no reason to believe that the Creator gives a whit about what we humans do or believe.
So while it is possible that some parts of the Bible are from God, so might be the Vedas, The Lord of the Rings, Quran, or Mein Kampf.
Best bets are the Humanist Manifesto and George Carlin.
There is no reason to believe that God stopped talking after the ancient priests, warlords, or popes. That is just ridiculous.
Tom

jonathan180iq

Do you think that the Bible, *could be the word of G-d? Or divine? This question is for atheists and agnostics, but specification is needed for what type of agnosticism or atheism you are claiming.

I mean, how could I believe that the Bible is the work of God if I don't believe that there is a god who could have written the Bible??

It's like asking if the dinner on my table tonight could be evidence that Bigfoot can cook... It doesn't make any sense.

dust1n

Zindīq

As likely as being the work of the devil or an elf or an alien, and far less likely than it just being written by men in the past. Life could be a colossal waste of time. God could be a little girl doing ballerina. There could be several million gods existing at one time....