• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you want a world war?

Do you want World War III?

• Yes

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 35 87.5%

• Total voters

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Then why do we still have wars?
In war weapons get used and destroyed, that creates more demand than simply arming for war can.
We still have war because we've not yet matured as a species. Greed, hatred, fear, power lust all cause wars. What is said out loud is merely justification for those emotions. And we still have wars because people (nations) know that to allow criminals to get away with such acts just empowers them to do worse.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Ask if anyone wants an unprovoked world war.
There is no such thing. Anything can be used as a pretext. WMD's ring any bells?

It is disturbing that 3 people take this so lightly as to vote YES. Boggling.
My guess is, they do not actually understand what they have voted for.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
There is no such thing. Anything can be used as a pretext. WMD's ring any bells?

Probably just some wisenheimers. There's one in every crowd.

lukethethird

unknown member

It appears that a number of posters have jumped on the "unprovoked" bandwagon, so I was considering their enthusiasm for getting behind this war with that of a world war.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Estro's Russo-Ukraine war thread had this option on the poll, so I thought I'd ask :D

I don't want WWIII.

Last I checked I was the only person who selected that option. I do get a kick out of selecting the dumbest, most obviously wrong answers when given multiple choice options - especially when the question is asked to make a point rather than asked in earnest

So yes, world war 3 let's goooooo!

Nimos

War?! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!

(Say it again.)
Not that I would vote yes :D

But a lot of technologies are developed during wars and think about how much money WW2 have made, whether that is from books, movies or games etc.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Think of the technology that could come from World War Last... but then no one would be left to know anything about it.... which is what WW3 could potentially be

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
No one? Only then foolishly unenlightened, perhaps. But this no one takes no chances around your kind.
giphy.webp
And that is just one of the small ones we use to remove stumps.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
And that is just one of the small ones we use to remove stumps.
No, that's what I dropped on one of your cute wittle cousins. Hundreds of years ago a crude little bomb could do it, but today we sell more powerful, more colorful explosivesto drunks, and that whole evolution thing. So it just has to resort to that.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I didn't vote because there's not a maybe/probably/possibly option therefore not enough variables to choose from.

Besides, there may would be some benefits to a major world war (potential catastrophic civilization collapse potentially due to nuclear annihilation). Everyone loves the Fallout games, right? Wouldn't it be fantastic to actually play in real life? How about the Mad Max movies? Those could be some fun times. And humanity would likely survive to move on to starting over again.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
No one? Only then foolishly unenlightened, perhaps. But this no one takes no chances around your kind.
giphy.webp
Latterly Dinsdale had become increasingly worried about Spiny Norman. He had come to the conclusion that Norman slept in an aeroplane hangar at Luton Airport.
PresenterAnd so on February 22nd 1966, at Luton airport... (stock film of H-Bomb exploding) Even the police began to sit up and take notice.
Cut to 'Snapper' Organs.
OrgansThe Piranhas realized they had gone too far and that the hunt was on.