• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you want the Ukrainian War to end today?

Do you want the war to end today?

• Yes, I want the war to end today, no matter who wins it

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • No, I want the war to end when Russia is defeated.

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • No, I want the war to end when Ukraine is defeated

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No, I want the war to continue and evolve into a world war.

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I have decided to start this thread to understand American users' stance here. :)
Also because I talk to Europeans all the time, and they are very clear expressing their stance about the prosecution of this horrific war.
Most of them are against it. They hope for the end of this war, that the both parties stop fighting and strike a peace agreement.

But Americans tend to have a very ambiguous stance, that doesn't make you understand what they really want.

I want them to be as clear as possible.

My stance: I want the war to end today, no matter who wins. Even if Russia has to give in, it doesn't matter. I want them to strike a peace treaty with the Ukrainians, today. No more soldiers need to die.

What about you, guys? :)
Say your stance and be as outspoken and as clear as possible. Liberate yourselves.

Last edited:

ajay0

Most sane people wants the war to end, but from a balance sheet pov, that would not be good for profits of the military-industrial complex. A long unsuccessful war is better than a short successful war.

Could be the reason why malnourished taliban soldiers clad in rags, horses and antique weapons seen in museums and old westerns, managed to beat the US-NATO forces in 2021 after 20 years and trillions of dollars of military and logistical investments.

Colt

I have decided to start this thread to understand American users' stance here. :)
Also because I talk to Europeans all the time, and they are very clear expressing their stance about the prosecution of this horrific war.
Most of them are against it. They hope for the end of this war, that the both parties stop fighting and strike a peace agreement.

But Americans tend to have a very ambiguous stance, that doesn't make you understand what they really want.

I want them to be as clear as possible.

My stance: I want the war to end today, no matter who wins. Even if Russia has to give in, it doesn't matter. I want them to strike a peace treaty with the Ukrainians, today. No more soldiers need to die.

What about you, guys? :)
Say your stance and be as outspoken and as clear as possible. Liberate yourselves.
I want the war to end with Russia withdrawing and paying reparations for the damage and lives lost!

If Russia is allowed to annex any part of Ukraine then their efforts are rewarded, legitimized which may have been his plan all along.

Colt

Most sane people wants the war to end, but from a balance sheet pov, that would not be good for profits of the military-industrial complex. A long unsuccessful war is better than a short successful war.

Could be the reason why malnourished taliban soldiers clad in rags, horses and antique weapons seen in museums and old westerns, managed to beat the US-NATO forces in 2021 after 20 years and trillions of dollars of military and logistical investments.
Because NATO stopped providing air support.

If Ben Laden would have been stopped prior to 9-11 then quite a lot of expense and human suffering could have been avoided.

ajay0

Because NATO stopped providing air support.

If Ben Laden would have been stopped prior to 9-11 then quite a lot of expense and human suffering could have been avoided.

Could be that the european taxpayers began to get smart and understand that their valuable taxes providing air support for years in Afghanistan was not getting anywhere, especially when the funds were needed at home for the public. This may have brought about the necessary accountability.

It is the same system elsewhere with the rich getting richer and the poor getting homeless.

Media owned by capitalist institutions keep churning narratives that inflame emotions and pressing nerve points effectively, thus leading the masses to support exhorbitant funding for military institutions and weapons sales in foreign lands, when the money could be diverted to needed constructive purposes at home such as free or inexpensive health care, inexpensive housing, education, lower inflation and so on.

The rich are insulated from such issues, but they do not comprise the majority in any western country.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

But I want your personal opinion, not that of the MIC.
;)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I want the war to end with Russia withdrawing and paying reparations for the damage and lives lost!

If Russia is allowed to annex any part of Ukraine then their efforts are rewarded, legitimized which may have been his plan all along.

But what if Russia assures that all that she wants is the four regions annexed, plus Crimea?
This war is impossible to win for Ukraine...and too many Ukrainian soldiers are dying pointlessly.

My country knows Putin very well. He has never planned to conquer all of Ukraine. He just wanted to annex the Russian-speaking regions of Ukraine, also to gain absolute control over the Black Sea and the Azov Sea.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Could be that the european taxpayers began to get smart and understand that their valuable taxes providing air support for years in Afghanistan was not getting anywhere, especially when the funds were needed at home for the public. This may have brought about the necessary accountability.

It is the same system elsewhere with the rich getting richer and the poor getting homeless.

Media owned by capitalist institutions keep churning narratives that inflame emotions and pressing nerve points effectively, thus leading the masses to support exhorbitant funding for military institutions and weapons sales in foreign lands, when the money could be diverted to needed constructive purposes at home such as free or inexpensive health care, inexpensive housing, education, lower inflation and so on.

The rich are insulated from such issues, but they do not comprise the majority in any western country.
Europeans (I mean, those of EU) are against this war.

The Brussels élites are on the verge of a political crisis because most European countries (especially France where the anti-NATO demonstrations are incredibly frequent) are against the prosecution of this war.
So if these excellent élites want to save the savable, they will say NO to any escalation of the conflict.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I wish it ended February 24th, 2022 or maybe the 23rd.

Peace is good. Russia should back off, go home and think about reparations. Then long term peace could be honestly negotiated. So called peace while under the boot of tyrants is not peace at all. Peace and freedom are good.

Russia has already set her own conditions for a peace agreements: she keeps Crimea and the four regions annexed.

It's Ukraine who won't renounce those small portion of lands.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Russia has already set her own conditions for a peace agreements: she keeps Crimea and the four regions annexed.

It's Ukraine who won't renounce those small portion of lands.
"So called peace while under the boot of tyrants is not peace at all. Peace and freedom are good."

"Russia should back off, go home and think about reparations. Then long term peace could be honestly negotiated."

Russia is the aggressor. Russia is the tyrants I mentioned. Russia has done wrong.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
"So called peace while under the boot of tyrants is not peace at all. Peace and freedom are good."

"Russia should back off, go home and think about reparations. Then long term peace could be honestly negotiated."

Russia is the aggressor. Russia is the tyrants I mentioned. Russia has done wrong.

I would like to know why Russia can't keep those 4 regions annexed.
:)