• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you want the Ukrainian War to end today?

Do you want the war to end today?

• Yes, I want the war to end today, no matter who wins it

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • No, I want the war to end when Russia is defeated.

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • No, I want the war to end when Ukraine is defeated

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No, I want the war to continue and evolve into a world war.

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
They illegally took them by force.
With all due respect, but the US did the same thing with California, AZ, NM, etc...which belonged to Mexico.
The peace was reached thanks to the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, only because Mexico was too weak to fight back, in 1848.

We need to understand, that even if we disapprove of the modalities, those are regions where Russian-speaking populations live, and if that's the price to pay to get peace and concord, it's a very small price. It needs to be paid.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Woops, the title question didn't say it was for US citizens so I voted then read the OP. Oh well, 1 Australian vote for the war to end with invading troops being defeated can easily be discounted i suppose.
It's the second option. Until Russia is defeated.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
With all due respect, but the US did the same thing with California, AZ, NM, etc...which belonged to Mexico.
The peace was reached thanks to the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, only because Mexico was too weak to fight back, in 1848.

We need to understand, that even if we disapprove of the modalities, those are regions where Russian-speaking populations live, and if that's the price to pay to get peace and concord, it's a very small price. It needs to be paid.
I may be a US citizen. But I am not representing the US or US foreign policy (most of which I find disgusting personally). So just because others do it or have done it still doesn't make it right.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I may be a US citizen. But I am not representing the US or US foreign policy (most of which I find disgusting personally). So just because others do it or have done it still doesn't make it right.
I understand.
Nevertheless, Ukrainians can't fight forever.
Soldiers are running out, and most of them are deserting and fleeing to Western Europe, where they are welcomed and supported as war refugees.

Ukraine is losing the war. What peace proposal would you suggest?

Viker

BTW. Mexico can definitely have Texas back. Maybe the rest we took. But please, Mexico, take Texas back.

And Spain can have Florida back. Sorry, England and anyone else.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Russia go home. Russia consider paying for what it has done.

Russia is still losing. Don't be such a Putin/Russia fan girl. It's unbecoming.

Ukraine has applied to join the EU.
Ukraine is an ally of ours.
But we need to be realistic, since there are some standards that Ukraine is supposed to meet before joining...and I don't think that Zelenskyy's intransigent and warlike approach is a good start.
I am sorry.
Most EU countries have constitutions which repudiate the notion of war and consider peace the only instrument to settle territorial disputes.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I have decided to start this thread to understand American users' stance here. :)
Also because I talk to Europeans all the time, and they are very clear expressing their stance about the prosecution of this horrific war.
Most of them are against it. They hope for the end of this war, that the both parties stop fighting and strike a peace agreement.

But Americans tend to have a very ambiguous stance, that doesn't make you understand what they really want.

I want them to be as clear as possible.

My stance: I want the war to end today, no matter who wins. Even if Russia has to give in, it doesn't matter. I want them to strike a peace treaty with the Ukrainians, today. No more soldiers need to die.

What about you, guys? :)
Say your stance and be as outspoken and as clear as possible. Liberate yourselves.
I'd rather see no warfare, but that said, either isn't prepared to end it anytime soon I think.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
BTW. Mexico can definitely have Texas back. Maybe the rest we took. But please, Mexico, take Texas back.

And Spain can have Florida back. Sorry, England and anyone else.
I would like to contribute California as well.

Hell I'll throw in New York for free.

Viker

Heck. Why don't we give it all back to the First Nations/Native Americans? Let them sort out this mess.

Make America great again! pre-Columbian great!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Heck. Why don't we give it all back to the First Nations/Native Americans? Let them sort out this mess.

Make America great again! pre-Columbian great!
We are speaking of four small regions in the Don river area...come on...
;)

Ukraine will survive...
If that's what's needed to get peace after almost two years of pointless war...yes...bring it!

Last edited:

Viker

We are speaking of four small regions of the Don river area...come on...
;)

Ukraine will survive...
If that's what's need to get peace after almost two years of pointless war...yes...bring it!
Russia will survive after withdrawing and compensation.