• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does a belief in a god show lack of education?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That is not the same book. But I think even a used copy is much more valuable and honest than the "The Evolution Cruncher". I wonder how those wires got crossed?

I should write a review for the "Cruncher".

I would actually like to read an "Introduction to Thermodynamics: Classical and Statistical". It would probably confuse me a little, since it is out of my scope, but it might also improve my understanding of the subject too.
There are many books.

Segev Moran

I've seen it said to people here on numerous occasions that they are not highly educated if they believe in a god.
It depends educated on what.
Some are lest educated when it comes to science, some can teach the most educated person in these forums (and many others).
I've seen it said to some that claim that a god has spoken to them that they are possibility suffering of mental illness.
Not illness, rather suffering.
If one assumes god speaks directly to him/her, should consult with several professional people.
If all of them agree its really god "speaking". It should be examined further until proven true or false.
Do you think these hold truth's?
It depends.
It goes both ways. There are many debaters who show low education in any religion and some are far more educated than any of us.

Etritonakin

I've seen it said to people here on numerous occasions that they are not highly educated if they believe in a god.

I've seen it said to some that claim that a god has spoken to them that they are possibility suffering of mental illness.

Yes or no -depending...

The highly educated can be prone to believe what they are taught -which may not be true -so if the highly educated are taught there is not "a God", then they are more likely to believe it.
The highly educated were once taught otherwise -and the same was true. Even peer pressure has an effect.

The highly educated today are quite correct if they do not believe in a specific description of God which has been shown to absolutely be false -but the general belief that we are not the first or greatest intelligence is not ridiculous or unscientific.

Those who believe God talks to them may be deceived or have mental issues -but communication is not dependent on usual human systems.
People with braces or similar have picked up radio broadcasts, so who knows if they might pick up a non-terrestrial signal.
Some alien with braces might be freaking out as Deep Purple plays in their head -never know.
God would certainly be able to do such things -but just keeping the commandments is a better idea than just trusting voices.
Elijah heard a still, small voice -but so have others when it was not God.
Never know.

We Never Know

No Slack
What's the difference between having faith in God and having faith that there is no God? If a theist has faith that God exist and an atheist have faith that no God exist, which belief is the correct one? Both have equal amount of faith for their beliefs, so how do we determine which one is true? Of the two, which one is the one who is being rational? Both? Neither one of them?

And the follow up question. Why?

"so how do we determine which one is true?"

"We" don't. That's up to the person holding the belief/faith.

We Never Know

No Slack

Thanks for all your posts everyone. By looking at all the posts, I would agree and say they don't hold much truth

We Never Know

No Slack
I have known many PhDs in math and physics who also believed in some sort of deity. Clearly, these are highly educated theists.

Well, mental illness is usually diagnosed as having such symptoms in a way that the overall society does not. This is done partly to avoid saying religious beliefs are mental illness.

Not as stated. But there *is* a negative correlation between theism and educational level: more educated people are *less likely* to be theists. But it is not a causal relationship and the correlation is far from perfect. Certainly, there have been many very intelligent people, both historically and now, who believed in deities.

Another aspect is that OCD often has a religious component, so it is quite possible to have a mental illness in relation to a religious belief. And, of course, other sorts of mental illness can also have religious components to them. Some people regard religion as a stabilizing factor for mental illness.

One difficulty is that even very educated people can have strange beliefs. Once again, history is littered with examples. And highly educated people can also have mental illness. They can also simply be wrong in their beliefs.

If someone said a god has spoken to them, wouldn't we first have to show a god doesn't exist to say they are wrong?

We Never Know

No Slack
Intelligence & education cannot cure mental illness.

(Let's what arguments that provokes.)

Something like this comes to mind...

IMG_20211030_220145.jpg

rational experiences

Veteran Member

No.

As it happened in human experienced so it is not lacking advice or lying.

How it was taught lacked the ancient teacher. So the relativity concepts were no longer explained how once they were taught.

Reason the holy brothers the teacher always got murdered.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
In the past earth with God O DD the little overcame the giant.

Earths O one place facing the sun.

For holy human genesis.

For holy human bio water baptism and consciousness.

For holy red blood.

The God science natural said our universe made earth it's God central only. O earth.

The sun went around the earth.

As the sun was fixed.

God earth was not fixed as it turned naturally.

The fixed sun position held.
God earth natural science first.

No satanisms allowed.

God O whole on the face of earth that travelled around the sun.

Half light. Half clear cold. Natural.

Relativity the sun's travel regarding earth. Sun does not travel. It remained fixed.

Sun dark not clear cold gas darkness.

With God is immaculate only

No satanisms allowed.

Relativity is a human teaching. Subject by intent what is only relevant to life on earth with God.

No satanisms allowed.

O God as man David DD O whole for earth natural had by immaculate plus advice overcame the evil cold blooded giant reptile beast life.

That God and the immaculate of God had previously supported.

The God relativity teaching

By ice presence a saviour.
Ices sacrifice reborn melted body gone end of year in summer causes as one.
The replaced cold star fall wanderer gas spirits
Flooding rain cooling gases.

Saviour states with immaculate.

As the immaculate owned as gods gas spirit the light sacrifice burning voided

Was relativity by the church earth was the centre of our universe. As it was inconsequential earths natural travel in space.

As space around the sun never owned the immaculate.

God earth did.

As God O planet in space stone first had owned no immaculate gases.

Why sun travel owned no intentional God relativity as it was self consuming.

Why God earth was central figure in correct science relativity teachings.

It was not about an argument earths travel around the sun. It was always known. Man knew by the song....we didn't start the fire it was always burning since the world was turning.

Relativity in earths science was relative to earth only as God.

Nuclear sun thesis were satanisms.

So when only human men impose earth relativity teachings as God earth one they meant what they knew.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Men thinking O earth travels around the sun.

As o one face only D.

Yet the earth's sun travels around it without the sun moving D.

O God.

Sun fixed was not travelling as light owner.

Sun mass travelled once only.

Asteroids the proof..
The wandering star of the sun travelled.

It was good or bad the teaching.

The asteroids proved life on earth destroyed origin earth life. First dinosaur extinction. Second dinosaur extinction . .Moses mutation life. Jesus attack of life twice.

One pyramid temple science machine caused.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

It could be the other way round.
Institutional Indoctrination......

We get taught stuff.
So we can begin to believe this stuff
In exams repeat this stuff and get 'passes'.

Is the stuff any good?