• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does a wife need her husbands permission to go out of house ?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله
I got in debat with a sister because this question
can any one give us more informations about this question .

وجزاكم الله كل خير

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
According to my knowledge, according to Ayatollah Fadlullah's Fatwas a wife does not need her husbands permission to go out of house. in this Fatwa, the only exception is when leaving home means prohibiting her husband of his rights related to their sexual and sensational life (in wide meaning of the terms):

http://arabic.bayynat.org.lb/books/fkh3_991129.htm

if you know arabic, this paragraph contain the main point:

أن يجدها زوجها إلى جواره حيث يريدها، فلا يجوز لها الخروج من بيته في الأوقات والحالات التي يرغب بوجودها إلى جانبه ولو لم يكن يريدها جنسياً، كأوقات راحته وعطلته ومبيته ونحوها، إلا أن يأذن لها بمفارقته، وهو ما يصطلح عليه بـ (الخروج المنافي لحق الإستمتاع)، وذلك بالمعنى الذي يتجاوز الإستمتاع الحسي الجنسي إلى الأنس بحضورها؛ وأما حيث لا يحتاجها زوجها فإنه يجوز لها الخروج من بيته بدون إذنه لشؤونها المختلفة حتى لو كان موجوداً في البيت لكنه منصرف عنها في قراءةٍ أو مجالسةِ ضيوفٍ أو نحوهما مما لا يكون خروجها في مثله منافياً لحقه في الإستمتاع.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
don't tell that only in period time she could always go out ,whenever she want ???
24 days with permission
6 days without permision

hadith
ومما يدل على اشتراط إذن الزوج في زيارة الأبوين : ما جاء في الصحيحين في قصة الإفك ، وقول عائشة رضي الله عنها للنبي صلى الله عليه وسلم : " أتأذن لي أن آتي أبوي ". البخاري (4141) ومسلم (2770).

موقع الإسلام سؤال وجواب - خروج المرأة لزيارة والديها وأقاربها بدون إذن الزوج

Godobeyer

Premium Member
btw Mr Shia Islam
I have a question about
Hijra الهجرة
why some of the Shia disgreed with Prophet Muhammd (pbuh), when he ask them to go , to Madina with him , why they don't want go with him , they left him suffered alone ?

Shia Islam

Premium Member
btw Mr Shia Islam
I have a question about
Hijra الهجرة
why some of the Shia disgreed with Prophet Muhammd (pbuh), when he ask them to go , to Madina with him , why they don't want go with him , they left him suffered alone ?

How a Shia(means follower) of Ali (a.s.) will reject to follow Muhammed (SAAW), While Muhammed and Ali is the same as the Quran stated:

Come, let us call our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves, then pray and invoke the curse of Allah upon the liars."(Quran)

All Muslims agree that "Ourselves" refers to Ali ibn Abi Talib.

Please give me you source for this allegation.

By the way, Fadlullah have some Fatwas that may seen different than the famous positions or consensus of the other Shia scholars.

Last edited:

Shia Islam

Premium Member
Which incident is he referring to Shia Islam? :S

I am just as surprised as you :)

It's clear that this is a misconception, otherwise how the prophet would have say, as confirmed by the sunnis :

"Ali and his Shia -followers- are the winners on the Day of Resurrection."

ConfusedKuri

I never heard of any such incident, the only incident I know of in which followers of the prophet SAW ran way after it was assumed he had been killed was during the battle of Badr.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
How a Shia(means follower) of Ali (a.s.) will reject to follow Muhammed (SAAW), While Muhammed and Ali is the same as the Quran stated:

All Muslims agree that "Ourselves" refers to Ali ibn Abi Talib.

Please give me you source for this allegation.

By the way, Fadlullah have some Fatwas that may seen different than the famous positions or consensus of the other Shia scholars.
it's just a joke, for proof to you that Shia were not existed in the era of Muhammad (pbuh) .

any way let back to our main subject .
what is your explain to the word (nashiz )in this verse
الرجال قوامون على النساء بما فضل الله بعضهم على بعض وبما انفقوا من اموالهم فالصالحات قانتات حافظات للغيب بما حفظ الله واللاتي تخافون نشوزهن فعظوهن واهجروهن في المضاجع واضربوهن فان اطعنكم فلا تبغوا عليهن سبيلا ان الله كان عليا كبيرا

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I am just as surprised as you :)

It's clear that this is a misconception, otherwise how the prophet would have say, as confirmed by the sunnis :

"Ali and his Shia -followers- are the winners on the Day of Resurrection."

Muhammad (pbuh) and His followers are the winners on the Day of Resurrection .

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Is there a Qur'anic verse you can cite or are you once again just giving your opinion?
I am already give a verse of Quran , you reject it !!! ya "Musilamah "

She is obedient to her husband and shows him respect

‘Ali (radhiallahu anhu) began to repeat the words that the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) had taught him. He said, “I never stopped doing that after he had taught me these words.” One of his companions asked him, “Not even on the night of Siffin?” He said, “Not even on the night of Siffin.”8
Asma’ bint Abi Bakr al-Siddiq served her husband al-Zubayr, and took care of the house. Her husband had a horse, which she took care of, feeding it and exercising it. She also repaired the water-bucket, made bread, and carried dates on her head from far away. Bukhari and Muslim report this in her own words:
“Al-Zubayr married me, and he had no wealth, no slaves, nothing except his horse. I used to feed his horse, looking after it and exercising it. I crushed date-stones to feed his camel. I used to bring water and repair the bucket, and I used to make bread but I could not bake it, so some of my Ansari neighbors, who were kind women, used to bake it for me. I used to carry the dates from the garden that the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) had given to al-Zubayr on my head, and this garden was two-thirds of a farsakh away. One day I was coming back with the dates on my head. I met Allah’s Messenger , who had a group of his Companions with him. He called me, then told his camel to sit down so that I could ride behind him. I told (al-Zubayr), ‘I felt shy, because I know that you are a jealous man.’ He said, ‘It is worse for me to see you carrying the dates on your head than to see you riding behind him.’ Later, Abu Bakr sent me a servant, who relieved me of having to take care of the horse; it was as if I had been released from slavery.”9
The true Muslim woman devotes herself to taking care of her house and husband. She knows her husband’s rights over her, and how great they are, as was confirmed by the Prophet’s words:
“No human being is permitted to prostrate to another, but if this were permitted I would have ordered wives to prostrate to their husbands, because of the greatness of the rights they have over them.”10
And:
“If I were to order anyone to prostrate to anyone else, I would have ordered women to prostrate to their husbands.”11
‘A’ishah (radhiallahu anha) asked Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam): “Who has the greatest rights over a woman?” He said, “Her husband.” She asked, ‘And who has the greatest rights over a man?” He said, “His mother.”12
A woman came to ask the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) about some matter, and when he had dealt with it, he asked her, “Do you have a husband?” She said, “Yes.” He asked her, “How are you with him?” She said, “I never fall short in my duties, except for that which is beyond me.” He said, “Pay attention to how you treat him, for he is your Paradise and your Hell.”13

from
http://www.wefound.org/texts/Ideal_Muslims_files/herhusband.htm

sorry the other site i was copy/paste before was anti-islam website

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I am already give a verse of Quran , you reject it !!! ya "Musilamah "

She is obedient to her husband and shows him respect

‘Ali (radhiallahu anhu) began to repeat the words that the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) had taught him. He said, “I never stopped doing that after he had taught me these words.” One of his companions asked him, “Not even on the night of Siffin?” He said, “Not even on the night of Siffin.”8
Asma’ bint Abi Bakr al-Siddiq served her husband al-Zubayr, and took care of the house. Her husband had a horse, which she took care of, feeding it and exercising it. She also repaired the water-bucket, made bread, and carried dates on her head from far away. Bukhari and Muslim report this in her own words:
“Al-Zubayr married me, and he had no wealth, no slaves, nothing except his horse. I used to feed his horse, looking after it and exercising it. I crushed date-stones to feed his camel. I used to bring water and repair the bucket, and I used to make bread but I could not bake it, so some of my Ansari neighbors, who were kind women, used to bake it for me. I used to carry the dates from the garden that the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) had given to al-Zubayr on my head, and this garden was two-thirds of a farsakh away. One day I was coming back with the dates on my head. I met Allah’s Messenger , who had a group of his Companions with him. He called me, then told his camel to sit down so that I could ride behind him. I told (al-Zubayr), ‘I felt shy, because I know that you are a jealous man.’ He said, ‘It is worse for me to see you carrying the dates on your head than to see you riding behind him.’ Later, Abu Bakr sent me a servant, who relieved me of having to take care of the horse; it was as if I had been released from slavery.”9
The true Muslim woman devotes herself to taking care of her house and husband. She knows her husband’s rights over her, and how great they are, as was confirmed by the Prophet’s words:
“No human being is permitted to prostrate to another, but if this were permitted I would have ordered wives to prostrate to their husbands, because of the greatness of the rights they have over them.”10
And:
“If I were to order anyone to prostrate to anyone else, I would have ordered women to prostrate to their husbands.”11
‘A’ishah (radhiallahu anha) asked Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam): “Who has the greatest rights over a woman?” He said, “Her husband.” She asked, ‘And who has the greatest rights over a man?” He said, “His mother.”12
A woman came to ask the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) about some matter, and when he had dealt with it, he asked her, “Do you have a husband?” She said, “Yes.” He asked her, “How are you with him?” She said, “I never fall short in my duties, except for that which is beyond me.” He said, “Pay attention to how you treat him, for he is your Paradise and your Hell.”13

from
The Ideal Muslimah and Her Husband

sorry the other site i was copy/paste before was anti-islam website

OK "ya Muslim" :p

I asked for a Qur'anic verse stating that the woman must ask her husband's permission to leave the house, and you gave me this. These Hadith don't even say that. :facepalm: