• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does any supernatural god exist?

Does any supernatural god exist?

• Certainly

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Certainly not

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Certainly don't know

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

ChieftheCef

Masterbation is not mentioned in the Bible however lust is.

I don’t think many people masterbate without lustful thoughts.
You're in a more true athan not true way wrong. People have been killed in the world for masturbating because of your disgusting, antinature religion.

ChieftheCef

The Bible doesn’t begin with the Spirit of God hovering over a gently flowing stream (that is later) or a peaceful, calm sea (again, later). It begins with the Spirit of God hovering over a double image of water. Two words are used to describe this chaotic, pre-created sea: “the deep” (tehom) and “the waters” (mayim).

Mayim is just the plural form of the word for “water.” However, tehom will have a negative connotation almost every other time it appears in the Bible [see for yourself]. That is why it is sometimes translated in English as “the abyss.” The abyss is where the floodwaters come from in Genesis 7. It is where Job’s leviathan lives (Job 41). It is the place the Israelites fled through to escape the Egyptians (and then the place where the Egyptians were drowned when they tried to follow (Exodus 15). It is the waters of the grave that live beneath the earth (Psalm 71).

So the “primeval sea” is the uncreated state, the chaos that preceded God’s ordering of creation as described in Genesis 1. These are the waters of uncreation where no life can flourish, no meanings can take root, no order can take shape. It is the opposite of the good place God is about to bring about as the first chapter of Genesis unfolds.

God is never depicted doing things unilaterally. It was the Israelites who couldn't fight against chariots of iron, not God. Why couldn't they? Because they got scared and didn't trust that God would empower them to do even this. The book of Joshua ends with the land not being fully conquered in spite of God's commandment, and therefore the remaining nations serving as a thorn in Israel's side from then on. God's promise not being entirely fulfilled due to the unfaithfulness of Israel rather than because of God being weak is a theme throughout the whole Bible... This is the point behind the blessing and the curse in the Law.

Anything else?
You can't see the mountains past the horizon, your argument is invalid. *mic drop*

Attachments

• Early_Hebrew_Conception_of_the_Universe.svg.png
    Early_Hebrew_Conception_of_the_Universe.svg.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 10
They can not communicate with God either. They say that If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

Certainly far less than your God, when he killed all humans, including animals and plants for no reason whatsoever in the supposed flood, just because he changed his mind about what and how he created them, despite also being omniscient, thus knowing that people will become exactly the same again.:laughing:
Thanks for your effort to shed light on this for me, but I must reject your opinions as uninformed and untrue. You put me on the spot and force me to choose between what you're claimi9ng and what God has said.
So with all due respect I must reject your opinion and embrace what god has said and you just proved Him to be right and yourself wrong.

God said He is a mystery and His ways are past finding out and He said He hides the truth from unbelievers and only reveals it to His Elect Saints. That explains why you're accusing God of being unrighteous.

Pogo

Thanks for your effort to shed light on this for me, but I must reject your opinions as uninformed and untrue. You put me on the spot and force me to choose between what you're claimi9ng and what God has said.
So with all due respect I must reject your opinion and embrace what god has said and you just proved Him to be right and yourself wrong.

God said He is a mystery and His ways are past finding out and He said He hides the truth from unbelievers and only reveals it to His Elect Saints. That explains why you're accusing God of being unrighteous.
So nice to know that you are one of the elect that hears from God directly, should we bow down or just thumb our noses.

Brickjectivity

Brick Block
Staff member
Premium Member
any supernatural god
Probably, but the closest choice is 'Certainly' although I think that 'Certainly' is a high bar. I think 'Certainly' is perhaps driving the vote down artificially. Its all in how you ask your survey questions. Who is certain about anything?

'Certainly don't know' is also extreme, because we kind of know things rather than certainly know them. I kind of know my way to Washington DC.

Then there is this 'Any' which can apply to almost any sort of wisp of intelligence out there which is not part of nature. Do I focus too much upon semantics? Do I overthink this? Am I perhaps just a bit too pedantic?

How do you know? What makes all the other gods illegitimate but yours?
Because none of the other gods have ever escaped the confines of the imaginations of the dazed and confused. But the One true God came into the world and proved that He is the Creator God. He demonstrated that He has power over everything and everyone, and nothing will escape His judgement.
You can read all about Him in the Bible

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Because none of the other gods have ever escaped the confines of the imaginations of the dazed and confused.

Dazed and confused? What do you mean by that?

But the One true God came into the world and proved that He is the Creator God.

As what, Jesus? Meh. Claims about the things Jesus did aren't much different than claims of any other religious savior figure

He demonstrated that He has power over everything and everyone, and nothing will escape His judgement.

When did he demonstrate that?

You can read all about Him in the Bible

So the god of the Bible is the real god because the Bible about this god says he's the real god?

Banach-Tarski Paradox

Well, you don't need to bow down to me at this stage but God did promise that His Elect Saints would rule the world when He returns to wage war on the unbelievers. So the time is coming when us Elect Saints of God will rule over the whole world of unbelievers, so it might be an idea to be nice towards me, lest you arouse my wrath

OK, this is wierd.

Dazed and confused? What do you mean by that?

As what, Jesus? Meh. Claims about the things Jesus did aren't much different than claims of any other religious savior figure

When did he demonstrate that?

So the god of the Bible is the real god because the Bible about this god says he's the real god?
You're way out of your depth here, you don't even have the elementary stuff down pat, so we won't get into deep theology until you understand the basics. You're not equipped to have a rational discussion about a subject which you know nothing about

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
You're way out of your depth here, you don't even have the elementary stuff down pat, so we won't get into deep theology until you understand the basics. You're not equipped to have a rational discussion about a subject which you know nothing about

Fair enough. I can't make you engage in discussion if you aren't willing

Tinkerpeach

The error is people thinking these things actually happened in real life.
That is not an error in the Bible.

See, none of you can find any errors with how the Bible is written.

Now if you can prove that God can’t turn a staff into a snake then you will have an actual error but saying you do not believe it is not an error.