• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Anyone Else Feel That Making Choices Is A Hard Thing To Do ?

PureX

Veteran Member
I always feel overwhelmed by the choices or lack thereof sometimes it's frustrating because then I miss out on certain things or I make the wrong choices.
I think that the more we want to be in control of our own destiny, the more stressful making devisions can become.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I always feel overwhelmed by the choices or lack thereof sometimes it's frustrating because then I miss out on certain things or I make the wrong choices.
The two most common personality tests are the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and the Big 5. There is a lot of overlap between the two tests.

Many people have difficulty making decisions. On the MBTI, they score as P (Perceiving) on the J/P scale. They like to keep their options open, and feel uncomfortable with the idea of nailing things down prematurely. It's not necessarily better or worse -- its just different than J's (Judging) who tend to be very scheduled, list making sorts who prefer to know where they stand.

The J/P scale roughly corresponds to the Openness scale on the Big 5.

I personally am a classic J-sort. I make to-do lists and pros/cons charts. It is very easy for me to form an opinion or make a choice, although I always have it red flagged that I may be wrong, so stay attentive for new information.