• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God care whether we worship her or not?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Your premise that God is female is offensive and untrue. God is a Spirit. However, the Bible consistently presents Jehovah in masculine terms. (Jeremiah 3:14, Matthew 6:9) Exodus 15:3 describes Jehovah as "a manly person of war." While false goddesses abound, the one true God describes himself as Father, never as mother.
Oh, goody. Theologically justified misogyny! 'Cause the world hasn't seen enough of that.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
211qff5.gif
I'm so curious!

F0uad

Morning/Afternoon/Evening everyone:

(1)Does God care whether we worship her or not?
(2)Does God get angry if we do not worship her?
(3)Does God become happy when we worship her?
(4)Does God have emotions such as hate, love, fear, distress, desire, etc.?

According to my knowledge god doesn't have a gender.

1. It depends on what you call ''care'' but i would say he is not in need of it but he requests it because he is our creator and we get to enjoy ''living'' and the greatness he gives us.

2. I think Anger is a human emotion i would say he would not favour you.

3. Then he would favour you

4. Not that i know off.

robo

robo said:
(1)Does God care whether we worship her or not?
(2)Does God get angry if we do not worship her?
(3)Does God become happy when we worship her?
(4)Does God have emotions such as hate, love, fear, distress, desire, etc.?

According to my knowledge god doesn't have a gender.

1. It depends on what you call ''care'' but i would say he is not in need of it but he requests it because he is our creator and we get to enjoy ''living'' and the greatness he gives us.

2. I think Anger is a human emotion i would say he would not favour you.

3. Then he would favour you

4. Not that i know off.

1. Greatness? What greatness? I just developed some dental cavities and am dreading the visit to the dentist where he is going to drill into my root canal. Why did not Allah create a universe without dental cavities?

2. and 3. So, to get favours from your God, I have to first worship him. Quid pro quo? My mom loves me whether I call her on her birthday or not. I missed calling once. She wouldnt say a word. She would still lovingly make my favourite food. My father later told me I missed calling her up. My mom is more loving than your God.

rusra02

Premium Member
Oh, goody. Theologically justified misogyny! 'Cause the world hasn't seen enough of that.

How do you equate the truth that God is masculine with the hatred of women? God is not responsible for this world's misogyny and the resulting suffering of women. The Bible teaches that God accepts and loves women who serve him, and allows them an honorable place in his purposes. 1 Peter 3:7 exhorts Christian husbands to 'assign their wife honor' and warns their prayers will be hindered if they mistreat their wife.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
How do you equate the truth that God is masculine with the hatred of women? God is not responsible for this world's misogyny and the resulting suffering of women. The Bible teaches that God accepts and loves women who serve him, and allows them an honorable place in his purposes. 1 Peter 3:7 exhorts Christian husbands to 'assign their wife honor' and warns their prayers will be hindered if they mistreat their wife.
Does God have a penis? If so, why? If not, "He's" not male.

IslamBox

set box
obviously god care. He love us when we worship him and bless us. We should worship him as he is the greatest among all, more powerful and more true.

beerisit

obviously god care. He love us when we worship him and bless us. We should worship him as he is the greatest among all, more powerful and more true.
Are you old enough to have worshiped Muhammed Ali when he was the greatest? If so did you?

F0uad

1. Greatness? What greatness? I just developed some dental cavities and am dreading the visit to the dentist where he is going to drill into my root canal. Why did not Allah create a universe without dental cavities?

2. and 3. So, to get favours from your God, I have to first worship him. Quid pro quo? My mom loves me whether I call her on her birthday or not. I missed calling once. She wouldnt say a word. She would still lovingly make my favourite food. My father later told me I missed calling her up. My mom is more loving than your God.

So wait you wanted to bash my ''God'' now? I thought i was simply giving ''MY'' answer to the OP... i also do not see the logic into your arguments.

In a atheistic viewpoint your just a failure because something was wrong with your teeht, in a Atheistic viewpoint your mother is just a female who brought you to live and nothing more, in a Atheistic viewpoint when babies die they just become nothing and the list goes on and on..

Please stop making these stupid replies i was just giving my thoughts about it.

beerisit

So wait you wanted to bash my ''God'' now? I thought i was simply giving ''MY'' answer to the OP... i also do not see the logic into your arguments.

In a atheistic viewpoint your just a failure because something was wrong with your teeht, in a Atheistic viewpoint your mother is just a female who brought you to live and nothing more, in a Atheistic viewpoint when babies die they just become nothing and the list goes on and on..

Please stop making these stupid replies i was just giving my thoughts about it.
Explain your understanding of atheism and how that relates to what you've said in this post.