• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God Exist: Maybe?

waitasec

Veteran Member
If God cultivated the culture though, it would stand that he helped create the culture, and not the other way around.
for the sake of argument, are you saying god is misogynistic?

Paul's letters are the best example. Paul is constantly admonishing the various congregations that he set up for doing things that simply are not acceptable. His vice lists in Romans 1, as well as in 1 Corinthians, and else where show that according to Paul at least, God is not happy with their current culture. I say culture here as they (the congregants) are just living as others in their culture. The vices that are listed are the vices levied against the gentile cultures.

So we see God here (or the God that Paul is claiming to speak for), objecting to the current culture (as in why Paul supplies the vice lists). That culture then changed in order to appease this God.

Now, if God was created in order to fit into the culture, we would see a very different God. It wouldn't be a God condemning the actions of the vast majority of people in that culture.
i disagree. lets look at slavery here in the west or, segregation...where these ideas were popular ideas and these ideas were defended by christians. granted not all christians though. there were non theists that help fight against this idea of justifying segregation and slavery.

That being said, one could argue that God was created in order to transform a culture into what was thought to be a better situation.

now this i agree with...
lets not also forget that one could also argue the idea of god was used as a tool in order to control people

Last edited: