• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

does hinduism accept christ as a prophet/god

atanu

Premium Member
This (change of Dharma) is not advised by Gurus, only because the true Guru knows that Dharma cannot be changed, Dharma is Sanatana, the only thing changes is Samaj (society).

That is true. :)

The upayas that are culture specific also should not be changed until prescribed by a Guru. It is beneficial to follow upayas of one's own culture.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
This (change of Dharma) is not advised by Gurus, only because the true Guru knows that Dharma cannot be changed, Dharma is Sanatana, the only thing changes is Samaj (society).
This reminds me the words of great scholar who became Hindu, when people asked him why you changed your Dharma he replied "Dharma cannot be changed, I only changed society".

Maya3

In general, hindu teachers have taught that water everywhere is same. Although, some thrive only by showing the differences and maintaining control over territories.

Hinduism at the root has a philosophy of 'The Particulars' and 'The General'. 'The General' runs through 'The Particulars'. For example, mangoes are of many shapes and sizes but the 'Mangoness' is the general.

Brahman is the General of the Generals. The truth in all particulars.

Hindu gurus will never teach one to abandon one's dharma and adopt that of another culture. At the same time, I have not come across any teacher, who has derided Buddha, Jesus, or even Muhammad.

Differences are at the level of the particulars. And until, the 'sama' paramatman, same everywhere, is known, yoga cannnot take place.

Gita Chapter 13
Samam pashyan hi sarvatra samavasthitameeshwaram;
Na hinastyaatmanaa’tmaanam tato yaati paraam gatim.

29. Because he who sees the same Lord dwelling equally everywhere does not destroy the Self by the self, he goes to the highest goal.
Yadaa bhootaprithagbhaavam ekastham anupashyati;
Tata eva cha vistaaram brahma sampadyate tadaa.

31. When a man sees the whole variety of beings as resting in the One, and spreading forth from That alone, he then becomes Brahman.

My half a cent of rambling.:)

Exactly, there really is no reason to fight over anything.
If God is God, god is everywhere all the time and is the same no matter the religion.
Petty human misunderstandings of what God is doesn´t matter.

Maya

Satyamavejayanti

This reminds me the words of great scholar who became Hindu, when people asked him why you changed your Dharma he replied "Dharma cannot be changed, I only changed society".

I think i know who you are talking about, apart from him there are many (Gurus, Acharyas, Puruhits and Risi) who hold this view as well, which fits into to what i Understand of Dharmah.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Namaste,

According to Shruti, Abrahamic peoples of interest cannot and will not be accepted into the Brahmanic fold. It is in fact a gross infringement and highly adharmic, regardless of whether Yeshua N'zareth was a wonderful person or not. Simply put: Semitic/Abrahamic personalities are not to be intertwined into the Indic (Indo-Iranian) universe. It is a violation of Shrutic law.

M.V.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3427438 said:
Namaste,

According to Shruti, Abrahamic peoples of interest cannot and will not be accepted into the Brahmanic fold. It is in fact a gross infringement and highly adharmic, regardless of whether Yeshua N'zareth was a wonderful person or not. Simply put: Semitic/Abrahamic personalities are not to be intertwined into the Indic (Indo-Iranian) universe. It is a violation of Shrutic law.

M.V.

I'm not sure if there is a violation anywhere. I'd have to see a scripture that said so. My guess is that it isn't mentioned at all because 1) It's totally irrelevant, 2) Shruti was way before historically, so it wouldn't have been known about, and 3) there is a geographic gap. But most importantly, it's just so irrelevant to our philosophy.

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
Vinayaka I actually disagree with you. Many of the Hindus around here have a high respect for Christ including in the Mandir. I went to a Hindu murti shop (with thousands of murti's and religious items) and they even carried large scultures of Mother mary and Jesus Christ. Even at a temple I visited they carried bracelets with photos of Mary and Jesus on it so I think we have great respect for Christ.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Vinayaka I actually disagree with you. Many of the Hindus around here have a high respect for Christ including in the Mandir. I went to a Hindu murti shop (with thousands of murti's and religious items) and they even carried large scultures of Mother mary and Jesus Christ. Even at a temple I visited they carried bracelets with photos of Mary and Jesus on it so I think we have great respect for Christ.

What kind of a crazy Hindu temple are you going to? :rolleyes:

One of the tricks of Christians is to slowly edge their way in. it's another of the deceptive conversion tactics. If Hindus are like that, it's because they've been had. Hindus neeed to be far more aware of this. Personally, I don't believe Christ existed, and Hindus who worship Christ aren't actually Hindus, but universalists.

Don't get me wrong. That's okay, if it works for you, but just don't call it Hinduism.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Mixing the two causes just so much confusion. A God of love who brings his parts (atmas) back to him as a natural consequence of who he is .... or a God that punishes all but a few select ones, gave one son to 'mankind' supposedly, ordained one book, and only one book to be the Truth ....

I don't know how anyone can present such a confused look at life, and still have a conscience about it. It's like giving someone a confusion pill. Makes no sense at all, and is quite against humanity.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
What kind of a crazy Hindu temple are you going to? :rolleyes:

One of the tricks of Christians is to slowly edge their way in. it's another of the deceptive conversion tactics. If Hindus are like that, it's because they've been had. Hindus neeed to be far more aware of this. Personally, I don't believe Christ existed, and Hindus who worship Christ aren't actually Hindus, but universalists.

Don't get me wrong. That's okay, if it works for you, but just don't call it Hinduism.

Namaste,

Funny you mention that. I recall seeing a picture of a statue somewhere in India with Mary holding Ganesha.

Pranams

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Namaste,

Funny you mention that. I recall seeing a picture of a statue somewhere in India with Mary holding Ganesha.

Pranams

They've done a number. Hindus are such gracious gracious hosts that they don't know their enemy is in the house until all their food and possessions are gone. Nice guys finish last.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I'm not sure if there is a violation anywhere. I'd have to see a scripture that said so. My guess is that it isn't mentioned at all because 1) It's totally irrelevant, 2) Shruti was way before historically, so it wouldn't have been known about, and 3) there is a geographic gap. But most importantly, it's just so irrelevant to our philosophy.

Namaste, Vināyaka-ji:

Please acquaint yourself with the following verses from the foremost of all Shri Shruti texts:

[agne tvam asmad yuyodhi amīvā anagnitrā abhyamanta kṛishṭhīḥ - punar asmabhyam suvitāya deva kshām viśvebhir amṛtebhir yajatra]

"Agni, drive away from us the enemies who came to attack us, the tribes who keep no sacred fires. Come again to the earth, sacred god, with all the immortals, come to our libation." (R.V.1.189.3)​
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[na yajamāna rishyasi na sunvāna na devayo - devānāṃ ya in mano yajamāna iyakshaty abhīd ayajvano bhuvat(16)
nakish ṭam karmaṇā naśan na pra yoshan na yoshati - devānāṃ ya in mano yajamāna iyakshaty abhīd ayajvano bhuvat(17)
asad atra suvīryam uta tyad āśvaśvyam - devānāṃ ya in mano yajamāna iyakshaty abhīd ayajvano bhuvat(18)]

"Never are ye injured, worshipper, presser of juice, or pious man. The man who, sacrificing, strives to win the heart of Deities will conquer those who worship not." (R.V.8.31.16)
"None in his action equals him, none holds him far or keeps him off. The man who, sacrificing, strives to win the heart of Deities will conquer those who worship not." (R.V.8.31.17)
"Such strength of heroes shall be his, such mastery of fleet-foot steeds. The man who, sacrificing, strives to win the heart of Deities will conquer those who worship not." (R.V.8.31.18)​
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[...nāśiram duhre na tapanti gharmaṃ...]

"...they (the non-observer, the one distant from the fire) pour no milky draught; they heat no cauldron!" (R.V.3.53.14)​
- - - - - - -
These are just a few verses out of many hymns that discuss how those that do not prescribe by the fire rituals (as in the case of Jesus), those that oppose those rituals are in violation. They are in violation of Shruti, of the law of Rta. They are the ones that must be "conquered". They are the ones that must be "fought", or "driven away", for they are the "godless" ones. Therefore, they are the anāryā (and I am sure you know what that means hehe).

They are avrata - without the noble fire rites. They are anyavrata - those of different rites. They are the ayajavāna - those that are non-sacrificers. They are abrahma (very close to the term Abrahamic) - those without the "proper" prayers. You can draw many conclusions from this post, but I hope I have provided a strong basis as to why the worship of Jesus by Hindus is against the Shruti and is in strong violation - as the quotations/verses clearly show.

Namaste,

That is nonsense, not to mention heretical. Stop with the universalist propaganda and read the part above in this post. You cannot worship Jesus if you are a Hindu. You are not permitted as ordained by Shruti law. Who are you to go against this most holy of Hindu law?

M.V.

Last edited:

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
Mixing the two causes just so much confusion. A God of love who brings his parts (atmas) back to him as a natural consequence of who he is .... or a God that punishes all but a few select ones, gave one son to 'mankind' supposedly, ordained one book, and only one book to be the Truth ....

I don't know how anyone can present such a confused look at life, and still have a conscience about it. It's like giving someone a confusion pill. Makes no sense at all, and is quite against humanity.

So then what do you think of Sai Baba? His story is similar to Jesus'

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
Just another quick thing, is it wrong for me liking such photos then?
j6xUhsF.jpg

UTOQZaU.jpg

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
मैत्रावरुणिः;3428068 said:
Namaste,

Read my post above and agree with Shruti law, otherwise be considered a non-Hindu from now on. With all due respect.

M.V.

So you're telling me if I believe in Baba I am considered a non-Hindu? If that's what you're implying then you sir are INCORRECT. You're saying that all the Hindu's who line up outside Shirdi mandir for Darshan aren't Hindu's?

And don't tell me to convert. I can do as I please and only BHAGWAN knows my true love and intentions. I do NOT WORSHIP Jesus. I just have love and respect for all. I never said I believe in these things I just said I respect them! Also Buddha was a Hindu so I keep him on my Shrine.

Last edited:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Namaste,

So you're telling me if I believe in Baba I am considered a non-Hindu? If that's what you're implying then you sir are INCORRECT. You're saying that all the Hindu's who line up outside Shirdi mandir for Darshan aren't Hindu's?

And don't tell me to convert. I can do as I please and only BHAGWAN knows my true love and intentions. I do NOT WORSHIP Jesus. I just have love and respect for all. I never said I believe in these things I just said I respect them! Also Buddha was a Hindu so I keep him on my Shrine.

Good for you. Sai Baba is fine. Even Sai Baba did Aarti Puja, which involved the veneration of fire. Jesus, on the other hand, did not. And, Buddha went against it entirely. Oh, how the syncretism has led to our glorious downfall. :(

Anyways, read post #33 and tell me what you think. It took me forever to write it, brah.

So who is wrong for this then? at a LARGE Hindu store that sells all aarti/pooja items and murtis.
http://i.imgur.com/hV5kNwM.jpg

The store has broken Shruti law, sadly. They have become a-vrata...

M.V.

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
Yes I enjoyed your post. Well written. What do you have to say about this then? "The Buddha in Hinduism is viewed as an Avatar of Vishnu. Many Hindu texts including Bhagavata Purana, Bhavishya Purana, Narasimha Purana etc. enlist the Buddha as an avatar of Vishnu."

Oh if you don't mind me asking, how old are you and where do you live?