• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

does masterbation make you feel guilty

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
zombieharlot said:
What exactly do you mean by that? Being a virgin, I feel I'm quite dependent on it. It's better than depending on one night stands, right?

Of course it's better. What I'm trying to say is that to act on sexual urges as a "must" in one's life is an attachment that ought to be overcome. As far as the issue of karma, masturbation does not accumulate bad karma unless fantasies include harm, rape, or other disturbing images during masturbation from how I understand it.

The issue of dependency to masturbation is a nit-picky one, so don't take my concern over it as one of the more blatant prohibitions in the dharma.........like rape or incest.

Peace,
Mystic

Rejected

Under Reconstruction
When I was a Xtian I felt bad about it, but I think that’s was just because I always felt like someone was watching me.

But now I have the strongest forearm in the state. I could hammer nails in with this baby.:D

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
MysticSang'ha said:
As far as the issue of karma, masturbation does not accumulate bad karma unless fantasies include harm, rape, or other disturbing images during masturbation from how I understand it.

I'm not trying to sound like a smart allack or anything, but are you saying that even consensual S&M brings about bad karma?

Ody

Yes, because i know what HaShem says bout it. :(

And no, i know its a chukim. :yes:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
zombieharlot said:
I'm not trying to sound like a smart allack or anything, but are you saying that even consensual S&M brings about bad karma?

It's OK, harlot...........not a big deal for me. I hope I don't upset you that much with my answers. :flower:

S&M is a tricky topic, to be honest. There is more to the story than merely causing pain in others, there is intention along with the act. For instance, when I put anti-bacterial solution on my kids' boo-boos (they're getting a little old for me to do that for them anymore *sigh*), they feel a sudden burning sensation that signals that the solution is working, but the process is a little painful for them. Did I inflict pain and harm to them in order for them to suffer? The answer is NO.

I haven't ventured into the realm of S&M, to be honest, so I only have fleeting images and anecdotes of what goes into it and why it's enjoyable. I may have to do some research into the dharma, seek counsel, and also meditate on it in order to give you an honest answer. :)

What I meant before was fantasizing on physical and/or sexual assault while masturbating brings bad karma to the one fantasizing. It goes against what is Right Thought.

Peace,
Mystic

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
dawny0826 said:
Yes...I do feel guilty about it.

From a religious perspective...somehow I don't think Christ smiles upon the fact that I do engage in the art of self pleasure from time to time.

I think it's totally natural, though.

I'm just incredibly concientious and you know...I'm also married and have a husband who is ALWAYS in the mood. So, really, there's no real reason for doing it other than I WANT to.

There are just times where I'd rather not deal with him and you know...just deal with me. As selfish and as horrible as that may sound...it's just the way I feel sometimes.

I don't think that is in the least bit selfish, or horrible. I believe that a lot of the time, Masturbation is an excellent way of dealing with urges without 'demanding' attention from your partner; to me, it is the 'lesser of the two evils', in such a case/

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
MysticSang'ha said:
It's OK, harlot...........not a big deal for me. I hope I don't upset you that much with my answers. :flower:

S&M is a tricky topic, to be honest. There is more to the story than merely causing pain in others, there is intention along with the act. For instance, when I put anti-bacterial solution on my kids' boo-boos (they're getting a little old for me to do that for them anymore *sigh*), they feel a sudden burning sensation that signals that the solution is working, but the process is a little painful for them. Did I inflict pain and harm to them in order for them to suffer? The answer is NO.

I haven't ventured into the realm of S&M, to be honest, so I only have fleeting images and anecdotes of what goes into it and why it's enjoyable. I may have to do some research into the dharma, seek counsel, and also meditate on it in order to give you an honest answer. :)

What I meant before was fantasizing on physical and/or sexual assault while masturbating brings bad karma to the one fantasizing. It goes against what is Right Thought.

Peace,
Mystic

I agree with the notion that fantasizing on assault is wrong because there is a morbid intent in that. But S&M can hardly be called assault because the person recieving the pain actually welcomes it. So I personally don't see there being anything wrong with it, as long as it is consensual. Anyway, sorry for steering this conversation in a weird direction. I guess I am just curious more than anything.

I discovered masturbation when i was young, I think that is why I stayed a virgin for so long. I waited until I found a more mature and longer lasting relationship before I gave it up. And now expecially now when I'm an ocean away from the best lover in the World I completly rely on it in order to keep my sanity. SOOOO in a word no I don't feel guilty now it's more like reclaiming my virginity.:eek:

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Drewish Princess said:
I discovered masturbation when i was young, I think that is why I stayed a virgin for so long. I waited until I found a more mature and longer lasting relationship before I gave it up. And now expecially now when I'm an ocean away from the best lover in the World I completly rely on it in order to keep my sanity. SOOOO in a word no I don't feel guilty now it's more like reclaiming my virginity.:eek:

ya'll see that......

told ya...

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING!:cool:

ok enough of that....

Ðanisty

I agree with the notion that fantasizing on assault is wrong because there is a morbid intent in that. But S&M can hardly be called assault because the person recieving the pain actually welcomes it. So I personally don't see there being anything wrong with it, as long as it is consensual. Anyway, sorry for steering this conversation in a weird direction. I guess I am just curious more than anything.
Hmm...I don't have a problem with any kind of fantasy at all as long as it doesn't become reality. And trust me, people are perfectly capable of fantasizing about all kinds of things without ever feeling the urge to enact those things in real life.

Mystic, I do have a question...what if your violent fantasies are from the victim point of view? Surely having a fantasy about being raped isn't much different from S&M roleplay...both are nowhere near the real thing. Both are safe.