• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Satan Plant Wicked Thoughts In People's Minds?

Diogenes

I think taken from a cosmic scope the inference can be made that our minds are not the only form of intelligence around. The Greek word for demon or daimones means literally alien intelligence. Taken from an historical perspective starting from Zoroaster there have been many people that viewed human history as being the outworking of a sort of cosmic clash of civilizations, if you will. Without an appeal to authority, you can hypothesize on the existence of higher dimensions and soon begin to see how thought itself transforms from the shabby, four dimensional model we know into something much grander and more powerful. But since this is our lot in life, to be confined to our prosaic senses and dull four dimensional minds the possibilities for the infinite become dulled down and limited as well. This, to me, is one of Satan's most subtle and discouraging victories.

By using the words 'alien' and 'cosmic' here I am not endorsing the current UFO mythos-just to make myself clear.

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

>Does Satan plant wicked thoughts in peoples' minds?

Yes.

But the definition of "satan" must be remembered!:

There is no "devil" or active "evil force" out there: God is One, Supreme, and without equal or rival!

And satan simply refers to out own lower (animal) nature when we give it control instead of our higher (spiritual) nature!

So yes, satan does this; but what this really means that that WE do it to OURSELVES!

Peace,

Bruce

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
No. To assert Satan puts thoughts into people's minds is merely a way to escape having to accept the consequences of your own actions.

PyroPathos

Pre-initiate Wiccan
Eeeeeeeeeurgh. I don't believe that Satan (if he's out there) is responsible for people doing or thinking bad things. The thing that upsets me is when people blame all of their evil thoughts, evil actions, or unfortunate circumstances on the devil. I just can't stand that. Saying "I stabbed that man because SATAN MADE ME DO IT!" is just about the most immature thing I can think of. If I do something I regret, I own up and take responsibility for it. I believe in karma, but if my house burns down I'm not going to blame my troubles on Lucifer. Not that I'd do that anyway since I'm not Christian and don't believe in their version of the Devil.

I guess the reason I feel so strongly about this is because I know a woman who consistantly blames every family problem, money problem, disagreement, etc on Satan. The fact that she disagrees with her son is because he has "evil" in him; it's Satan's fault, not even 1% her doing. Nothing is to her, ever. It's a bad way to live because you depend on something else to solve your troubles and when you really think it's not your fault you'll find it almost impossible to apologize. And sometimes an apology is really needed in bad situations. "I'm sorry that the Devil made you argue with me" just does not cut it.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
" Does Satan Plant Wicked Thoughts In People's Minds"?

Satan: "Say no, Quagmire".

:) No

blackout

Violet.
When I think "satan" ...
my mind calls up ideas like...
twisted.... slithery.... slick.... double forked tongues....

which of course next makes me think of our political leaders...
but that has nothing to do with the OP.

I realize there are other symbolisms of serpents...
in other cultures.... positive ones....

so maybe I should say "vipers" here.

Now WHY do people behave as vipers?
Could it be in the DNA perhaps?
The symbol of the twisted helix?
The DOUBLE helix?
Like Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde?

thumb

I am an artist and a poet.
This is the way I think and see.

kadzbiz

The word "wicked" is subjective. What really is "wickedness". There are actions and ways of life that christian people of one faith follow that other faiths would believe are wicked so how can it be a satanic planting? And some people DON'T think before, during or after the so called "wicked" act.

NOT AT ALL. We make those terrible thoughts. Its just a stupid way to blame someone else for your stupidness. Satan/Devil is good... I mean, he punishes ones who do wrong, he makes baad good. You walk out of hell tortured, you'd think again before killing someone...

(Thats new isn't it, to you?)

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Is Satan the one who plants wicked thoughts in people's minds?

If so, do just some or do all wicked thoughts come from Satan?

If not, where do wicked thoughts come from?

If so, how can you tell that a wicked thought comes from Satan?

What is implied in the notion that Satan is the one who plants wicked thoughts in people's minds?
You may as well have asked, who plants the wicked thoughts in Satan's mind?