• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the universe need intelligence to order it?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
ou are the one doing the derailing with your constant diversionary shift to New Age this and New Age that,

Again you are projecting because you are the one who keeps throwing in new-age stuff. But like I said you're not fooling me, it's all just BS and trolling.

Rick O'Shez

I won't respond to trolls requesting what is obvious to most people.

Yet again you refuse to answer a direct question and yet again you refuse to explain your jargon. That is a typical new-age trait. Making bland assertions and then refusing to back them up. I've seen it many times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick O'Shez

I've got lots of nice candy for you, Spiny.

More diversionary nonsense. I think the reality is that you can't answer the questions you have been asked because it's all just a charade, somebody with a large ego who wants to try and impress. But it's not working.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Because chance, or not-chance are a duality.
No chance does not exist. Only chance does. The sperm not fertilizing the ovum are of no importance. The one which does is all that matters. However, similes are never exact.

IMHO, you have carried brilliancy too far.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Only because of the limitations of perception. This is exactly the takeoff point of the mystic, having realized this limitation of sensory perception. Of course, being a student of Plato, you remember that a more perfect view was available just outside the cave of perceptual reality, the metaphor being that another kind of view is required. The old cave wall shadow paradigm just won't do any longer.

In the world of Higher Consciousness, even biology is seen as an obstacle, along with social conditioning.
I am more of an Aristotelian. I find some of Plato's work to be interesting but much of this philosophy, especially the theory of forms, was blown out of the water by Aristotle and later philosophers.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
With the greatest of respect sir, I still think that it is you who does not grasp the idea.
Actually GNG has taken some common misconceptions about mysticism and mystic teachings and further diluted it with outdated and disproved philosophy. Both Aupmanyav and I realize this. Several people have realized this. No one from the skeptic side or the mystic side agrees with him on many of these issues. He needs to study from some actual mystics or if he chooses to take the philosophical route, some Aristotle and his rebuttal of Plato.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Actually GNG has taken some common misconceptions about mysticism and mystic teachings and further diluted it with outdated and disproved philosophy. Both Aupmanyav and I realize this. Several people have realized this. No one from the skeptic side or the mystic side agrees with him on many of these issues. He needs to study from some actual mystics or if he chooses to take the philosophical route, some Aristotle and his rebuttal of Plato.
I can't really speak on your beliefs as I have not seen any on this thread personally. His idea I can see though, whether others call it right or wrong is of no concern to me.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I can't really speak on your beliefs as I have not seen any on this thread personally. His idea I can see though, whether others call it right or wrong is of no concern to me.
And that is your choice. But I just wanted to let you know that he isn't speaking from some olden wisdom that is just so above and beyond our comprehension that we mere atheists couldn't fathom it. Its more of a line of him talking about things that simply are not true from mystic standpoints.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
And that is your choice. But I just wanted to let you know that he isn't speaking from some olden wisdom that is just so above and beyond our comprehension that we mere atheists couldn't fathom it. Its more of a line of him talking about things that simply are not true from mystic standpoints.
I would disagree on that. All these things are spiritually discerned, so it is doubtful if you could figure it out.... no offence. (it is hard enough for me)

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I would disagree on that. All these things are spiritually discerned, so it is doubtful if you could figure it out.... no offence. (it is hard enough for me)
It is your opinion it is spiritually discerned. It has been plain enough from a logical standpoint to see where he was misinterpreting misrepresented cases of mysticism and spiritual such and such. Actual mystics tend to make powerful arguments. The Dali Lama for example has made some profound cases but does not agree with what GNG has stated. Are you suggesting that you an he are above the Dali Lama in spiritual connections to the universe?