• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dome of the Rock

.lava

Veteran Member
The Abyss is like this giant junk yard for immortal creatures or spirits. It is a place you must pass through between earth and heaven along this pathway. These codes or secrets you spoke of maintained that not just anyone could make this journey. They had to be special indeed. To even attempt this journey without peril, one must have their mind in perfect balance. The ability to do good and evil are perfectly balanced. Only the most pure, powerful and wise would be able to complete this journey between heaven and earth. An average mortal man would perish attempting this Journey.

People like Mohammad or Jesus come to mind could make the journey. I think of it as the path the Angels take from heaven to earth as well.

I doubt Idris studied the Tarot, but I bet you he might have studied the Qabalah.

Please excuse me if my posts are not on topic. I find this thread fasinating.

i am sorry, i did not mean to say Idris (PBUH) studied tarot. ancient knowledge becomes something else entirely different as time goes by. in my opinion what he learned can not be as simple as daily astrological stuff that's published on newspapers. it must be much more sofisticated than that. i was trying to say maybe -just maybe- from one generation to another pure science of stars and skies went to pieces and became different than original one.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
i am sorry, i did not mean to say Idris (PBUH) studied tarot. ancient knowledge becomes something else entirely different as time goes by. in my opinion what he learned can not be as simple as daily astrological stuff that's published on newspapers. it must be much more sofisticated than that. i was trying to say maybe -just maybe- from one generation to another pure science of stars and skies went to pieces and became different than original one.

I believe they studied numeralogy as well back then. I agree the newspapers do an injustice to the science they studied back then. The so called experts of today know very little about which they speak (newspaper folks).

Our religions started out the exact same right up to Noah's flood. After that, information is different. The more I learn, I realise just how much I don't know.

Peace be upon you .lava

Perhaps I can learn more reading this thread. Thanks for the conversation.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Yes I know of the Hittite Empire and the Battle of Kadesh. I am not sure where Kadesh is, however. Is that the same as Qadesh, in Syria?
Yes, Kadesh was around the Orontes river, in what is today Syria.
In fact Ramesses II who made some curious tactical errors during this campaign was close to losing his life, a force called Ne`arin which many believe to be a Canaanite force within the Egyptian army is said to have come to his aid at his critical personal danger during the battle of Kadesh, which he seem to have bravely and barely get out alive of.

Bowman

Muhammad died in Medina in 632, right?

Then why is there a tradition that says Muhammad ascended to heaven from the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem?

Did Muhammad ever set foot on Jerusalem? Or is that just another tradition?

This is because "Muhammad" is actually an epithet for the Biblical Jesus Christ.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
lava this was a while back in the thread, but when I was Shia we always associated Isdris in the Quran with Enoch.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
We also associated some like Hud with Zoroaster and Dhul-Kfil with Guatama Buddha

.lava

Veteran Member
lava this was a while back in the thread, but when I was Shia we always associated Isdris in the Quran with Enoch.

i haven't studied this in our teachings. but there's a guy, a researcher, he writes about it. maybe Idris and Enoch are the same people. if i am not mistaken that was one of his claims. can't recall for sure though

Bowman

Muhammad died in Medina in 632, right?

Then why is there a tradition that says Muhammad ascended to heaven from the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem?

Did Muhammad ever set foot on Jerusalem? Or is that just another tradition?

The Dome of the Rock was originally an early Arab Christian shrine.

The term "Muhammad" was never a proper name at this time and merely was an epithet for the Biblical Jesus Christ.

A-ManESL

We also associated some like Hud with Zoroaster and Dhul-Kfil with Guatama Buddha

The Prophet Hud is mentioned in the Quran (11:50) and so is Dhul-Kifl (38:48). Although the latter is sometimes identified with Ezekiel, the following may be relevant:

...some of the Muslim Indian commentators have considered the prophet Dhu'l-i-Kifl mentioned in the Quran to be the Buddha of Kifl (Kapilavastu) and the Fig tree of Surah 95 to be the Bodhi tree under which the Buddha recieved his illumination.-Sufi essays by Seyyed Hossein Nasr. SUNY Press, 1972. Pg 132

Bowman

The inner octagon of the Dome of the Rock contains pre-Koranic verses praising the Biblical Jesus Christ as the original "Muhammad"!

Even Islamic scholars debate whether or not the Night Journey was actually physical or just spiritual. But most side with physical too.