• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

E Vs C. Really now???

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Genesis 9:13-15​

13 I set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.​

And how is that supposed to help you?

Once again you are calling your own God a liar when you try to support the Flood myth. If God is a not a liar then there could never have been a Flood of Noah.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why does the Historic FLOOD of NOAH make GOD a liar?
Because there is no evidence for it at all. All of the evidence says that it never happened. God would have had to have planted endless false evidence to cover up his evil deed. Now if you want to claim that God was ashamed and hid everything that he did you have a whole lot more explaining to do.

And you are quite confused. The Bible is not "historic". It is a religious book that has a little history and quite a bit of mythology in it,.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
That's why it is a story. I was trying to point out that he does not like the unrighteous.
The fact that Jesus said something in the New Testament does not mean no others had said exactly the same thing prior. Freedom from desire is a tenet of older religions, too.
Why would desire necessarily be a bad thing?

For example, I desired sex with my partner. It's why I have children.

AdamjEdgar

I have heard some try to claim that there was no rain before the flood. But yet they had rivers according to the Bible. Which would have meant waterfalls somewhere, which would have meant rainbows.
that just goes to show how poorly you read scripture. You quote 3rd hand wives tails and dont actually investigate biblical theology properly...

Read Genesis 2

5Now no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth, nor had any plant of the field sprouted; for the LORD God had not yet sent rain upon the earth, and there was no man to cultivate the ground. 6But springsc welled up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground.

so your claim has no theological support and is deficient because it doesnt know what the bible states about how the earth was watered. You make the assumption there must be rain in order for water to appear on the surface of the earth...despite even secularism knowing full well that even today there are massive underground aquifers to provide considerable water to inland areas in many countries and are vital for that task.

The Great Artesian basin is but one example:

The Great Artesian Basin is one of the largest underground freshwater resources in the world. It is Australia’s largest groundwater basin. It lies beneath parts of the Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, and New South Wales. It includes the Eromanga, Surat, and Carpentaria geological basins.

The Basin spans almost 1.7 million square kilometres which is over one-fifth of the Australian continent. There is around 65 million GL of groundwater in the Basin which is enough water to fill the Sydney Harbour 130,000 times. https://www.dcceew.gov.au/water/policy/national/great-artesian-basin

Some translations say that a mist went up from the ground and watered the earth

I have no problem with the mist idea, since i have flown paragliders a lot and learned to study thermals in order to fly cross country, it should come as no suprise that fog is nothing more than a temperature inversion where the cloud layer is at ground level. There is no reason why the environment during the night in garden of eden times could not have produced temperature inversions where a heavy mist could form and provide additional water to the green foliage...it doesnt have to rain. That is your misguided belief. Also, who is to say that in Eden times, they simply had not experienced torrential rain...it may have just been a regular drizzle for all we know.

in any case, I dont think this is an issue that can be used to deny the authenticity of the Genesis account.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
that just goes to show how poorly you read scripture. You quote 3rd hand wives tails and dont actually investigate biblical theology properly...

Read Genesis 2

5Now no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth, nor had any plant of the field sprouted; for the LORD God had not yet sent rain upon the earth, and there was no man to cultivate the ground. 6But springsc welled up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground.
Please do not accuse others of your sins. I knew about that nonsense in the Bible. It just shows that the writers of the Bible were ignorant humans. Water does not come up out of the ground endlessly. It needs a source. And even if it di it is even worse for you since the water going up and down would just concentrate salt at the surface eventually killing everything. Of course you can just say that God magicked new water every day, but now your are demoting your god to just a Step and Fetch It.
so your claim has no theological support and is deficient because it doesnt know what the bible states about how the earth was watered. You make the assumption there must be rain in order for water to appear on the surface of the earth...despite even secularism knowing full well that even today there are massive underground aquifers to provide considerable water to inland areas in many countries and are vital for that task.

No, I know that there has to be rain for there to be water. I understand the water cycle. Again, you should never accuse those that understand the science of "assuming". That is actually breaking the Ninth Commandment.
The Great Artesian basin is but one example:

The Great Artesian Basin is one of the largest underground freshwater resources in the world. It is Australia’s largest groundwater basin. It lies beneath parts of the Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, and New South Wales. It includes the Eromanga, Surat, and Carpentaria geological basins.

The Basin spans almost 1.7 million square kilometres which is over one-fifth of the Australian continent. There is around 65 million GL of groundwater in the Basin which is enough water to fill the Sydney Harbour 130,000 times. https://www.dcceew.gov.au/water/policy/national/great-artesian-basin
Yes, and those only supplement rain water. That water was formed from rain water itself originally. And guess what, it is running out. People have been using too much of it. And even worse, and please note I did not read ahead, it brought up the same problems that I did. You need to read your sources. Just done read the first paragraph:

"Uncontrolled water flow from bores and bore drains reduces water pressure and volume. This threatens groundwater-dependent ecosystems and limits access to artesian water by pastoralists.

It has also become difficult for new water users in or near the Basin to access groundwater resources.

Basin water wastage also damages the environment through:

• reduced pressure in some naturally occurring artesian springs
  • encouragement of the spread of pest plants and animals
  • land and water salinisation.
Up to 95% of water can be wasted through evaporation and seepage, even in well-maintained drains."

Did you read that line about "land and water salinisation"?