• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Easily disproving Christianity and others.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Then theres no afterlife?

I don't recall saying that. I don't believe in a physical burning hell is all- Jesus was telling a parable- so what He mentioned would have been symbolic of a separation of God. A union of God would be what people call heaven. That doesn't say whether there is an after life or not.

I always wonder how people come up with ideas that I never said or even thought of. :eek::eek:

Pope Ian

Pope-God of Ianism
I have to disagree with the title of your thread. Considering the massive amount of resources that have gone into all major religions, it is not "easy" to disprove any of them. It took a lot of deep thought and research on my part to come to the conclusion I have reached today about my faith.

I don't recall saying that. I don't believe in a physical burning hell is all- Jesus was telling a parable- so what He mentioned would have been symbolic of a separation of God. A union of God would be what people call heaven. That doesn't say whether there is an after life or not.

I always wonder how people come up with ideas that I never said or even thought of. :eek::eek:

If hell is fictional then so is heaven. Where are you getting your ideas from? Can you give me a bible verse that isn't a parable/or symbolic that describes your idea of an afterlife?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
If hell is fictional then so is heaven. Where are you getting your ideas from? Can you give me a bible verse that isn't a parable/or symbolic that describes your idea of an afterlife?

Where did I say "hell" was fictional? I just said that hell is a separation from God and it is also symbolic of the grave. The story of Lazarus and the rich man is a story (parable) that Jesus told- it says that it is a parable.

As for any Bible verses that support my idea, I'd have to do a lot of work to find the ones that led to my belief. That idea took years of study of the Bible.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
The story of Lazarus is simple- if you are selfish and don't share with someone who needs it, then, deep down you are miserable in spirit- but strong in body. Lazarus, who was needy, was weak in body yet strong in spirit. Lazarus, being spiritually strong, has a union with God while the rich man, who is weak spiritually, is separate from God. That is my interpretation of the story.

That is all I will say as to how I perceive this story as this is not Sunday school.

Mathew 18:8 and 25:41, “Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. ... Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.”

Matthew 10:28
“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”

Luke 10:15 "And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? You will be brought down to Hades!*

Revelation 20:15 “If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire”

Revelation 14:10 “he will be tormented with fire and brimstone”

Looks like hell to me friend

If I'm wrong please correct me thank you :).

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Mathew 18:8 and 25:41, “Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. ... Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.”

Matthew 10:28
“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”

Luke 10:15 "And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? You will be brought down to Hades!*

Revelation 20:15 “If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire”

Revelation 14:10 “he will be tormented with fire and brimstone”

Looks like hell to me friend

Hades is the grave- the underground. The whole of revelation is symbolic. That is my belief in those. I think that spiritually, I would be tormented if I were separated from God.

Hades is the grave- the underground. The whole of revelation is symbolic. That is my belief in those. I think that spiritually, I would be tormented if I were separated from God.

I see where your coming from. But what about the fire what dose that have to with the grave.
Matthew 25:41
"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels"
And how are angles and the devil in the grave? Dose this mean they have a different hell then humans?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Well Zuesscannon, quite the rant. Only 6 beers. I usually can do about 9 beers and then I've figured it all out again.

Basically I'm hearing what I see on RF again and again and again.

People no longer believing in God because of man made dogmas that can't stand up to hard reason, man made evil, man made corrupt authorities, etc.

This is the Information age ZuessCannon. Realize stupidity has always existed among men and free yourself from other people's stupidity.

What about Jesus' intelligent message (less the man made dogma), and other spiritual tradition's intelligent teachings. In your rant you showed the intelligence to point out stupidity. There is also intelligence too in spiritual thinking and don't let cynicism rob you of the chance to experience that side of things.

I do believe Jesus existed, and with only of the purest of intentions. He was a normal person just his father whoever saw the wrongdoings of the church and wanted to free people of the slavery. Because if Jesus pays for all sins people are no longer afraid of the church. There is hope instilled and the amount of greed that burdened those people was greatly reduced.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Your thread is confusing, why don't you focus on one religion at a time to disprove? Otherwise it doesn't make sense, no offense.

I was under the influence when the I wrote that. :/ But as stupid and confusing as my original post seems it brought me to this forum which I am very happy I found.

I don't think I am baseing my ideas on man made dogmas. We are in a age were everything can be seen 24/7 camera phones, satellites etc. Nothing super natural or biblical w/e is being seen. I base my ideas on the fact that a native American would never think about Jesus, Buddha, God, or whatever without interaction from another man. That being stated if it wasn't all made up they would have been given the opportunity to believe in a higher power.

I don't think I am baseing my ideas on man made dogmas. We are in a age were everything can be seen 24/7 camera phones, satellites etc. Nothing super natural or biblical w/e is being seen. I base my ideas on the fact that a native American would never think about Jesus, Buddha, God, or whatever without interaction from another man. That being stated if it wasn't all made up they would have been given the opportunity to believe in a higher power.

Some people would disagree with you on catching the super natural on camera. Also many that I know don't view buddha as a deity

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper
You're point about Christianity being spread only through man does not account for various things,
such as
a) The Anonymous Christian, those who don't know it may still be under the guidance and grace of the Holy Spirit, this isn't some wishy washy new age belief either it's in the Catholic Catechism

"Since Christ died for all, and since all men are in fact called to one and the same destiny, which is divine, we must hold that the Holy Spirit offers to all the possibility of being made partakers, in a way known to God, of the Paschal mystery." Every man who is ignorant of the Gospel of Christ and of his Church, but seeks the truth and does the will of God in accordance with his understanding of it, can be saved. It may be supposed that such persons would have desired Baptism explicitly if they had known its necessity.

b) That God can work through people, You either doubt God's power or His sovereignty in saying the Church only spreads through men. If we ignore dramatic miracle conversions (like St. Paul one of the greatest evangelists) there still is no logical reason for God not to choose to spread his Church only through His people, because it pleases him to do so, you can not judge God.

c) A Possibility of Predestination, for all we know God could have choose those who He will save and those who he will not, and it may be due to a grace irresistible, in so much as the elect will recieve the Gospel one way or another.

I have very little knowledge of Buddhism. Bet that's besides the point if any of it had any truth groups of people would not live ignorant of "Gods Teachings".

Yes, but what about the cultures that already have "False idols" in place? All there life only known about there false idol should they be damned by this??