• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EU Elections 2019

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
It never ceases to amaze me how all the promises made by Brexiteers before the Referendum have disappeared and we are left with, "Well, we shouldn't be much worse off"

I've maintained since the referendum that there is no benefit for the lower incomes in this country to being in the EU,you could quote "freedom of movement",what use is that to some who couldn't afford a bus ticket,all that freed of movement has done is bring the poor of Europe here,who could blame them.

Its time to move on,we should be out by now,it's time for the self serving politicians to do their jobs as public servants and forget about word spaghetti and get on with it,the longer it takes the worse it will be.

Darkforbid

I've maintained since the referendum that there is no benefit for the lower incomes in this country to being in the EU,you could quote "freedom of movement",what use is that to some who couldn't afford a bus ticket,all that freed of movement has done is bring the poor of Europe here,who could blame them.

Its time to move on,we should be out by now,it's time for the self serving politicians to do their jobs as public servants and forget about word spaghetti and get on with it,the longer it takes the worse it will be.
Well said. What is amazing for me is all the 'if they vote out I'll leave' people are still here.

Plus it tends on being exactly the same people who said the minimum wage would bring economic destruction

Altfish

Veteran Member
Do you think that's a impossible question?

I see you added a few questions in the posts after this, so we'll start there:

So how will that help my daughter and son's job prospects?

How will brexit help your daughter in lifes lottery:

Which is better A or B?

(A) One ticket in a 10 million ticket lottery

(B) One ticket in a 100 million ticket lottery

What about my grandchildren - how will it help them?

Currently the UK economy is hemorrhaging money, both foreign national worker and business choose not to spend profits/earnings here but back in there country of origin. Which leaves a shortfall you grandchildren will have to pay. Along with a multinational development cost's bailout cost of any failed EU economy

Why didn't you consider none of these blindingly obvious factors important?
And how does not being in the EU help that?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Well said. What is amazing for me is all the 'if they vote out I'll leave' people are still here.

Plus it tends on being exactly the same people who said the minimum wage would bring economic destruction
Well, if I could afford it I would move; I'm hoping the Union will fall apart and then I can go to Scotland and rejoin the EU.

The right wingers can't wait to start scrapping labour laws imposed by the EU

Altfish

Veteran Member
I gave you answers about:

How leaving the EU would help your daughter

And the generation after that

By
No, you posed a nonsensical question about lottery tickets and a statement about the UK economy hemorrhaging money - I asked you waht it had to do with the EU and you just went into a circular argument.

Darkforbid

No, you posed a nonsensical question about lottery tickets and a statement about the UK economy hemorrhaging money - I asked you waht it had to do with the EU and you just went into a circular argument.

Wrong, but OK. You asked about your daughters job prospects:

So does you daughter have a better chance again in a 10 million or 100 million job market

Or are your future generations better of paying for economic development of one country or 20

Altfish

Veteran Member
Wrong, but OK. You asked about your daughters job prospects:

So does you daughter have a better chance again in a 10 million or 100 million job market

Or are your future generations better of paying for economic development of one country or 20
My daughter works for a company whose head office is in Germany.
She, with a young family, would like to stay in the UK - she hopes she won't be affected, but it is a company in the automobile industry.
So, yes we could start selling to our close neighbours (Well not that close) Japan, Singapore, China or Canada - but it is a lot easier, cheaper and greener to sell to our closest neighbours.
I don't know about you but I can't think of any country that we can't deal whilst in the EU. I have goods from US, China, Taiwan and South Africa that I can see in my house now. That's without looking hard

Darkforbid

My daughter works for a company whose head office is in Germany.
She, with a young family, would like to stay in the UK - she hopes she won't be affected, but it is a company in the automobile industry.
So, yes we could start selling to our close neighbours (Well not that close) Japan, Singapore, China or Canada - but it is a lot easier, cheaper and greener to sell to our closest neighbours.
I don't know about you but I can't think of any country that we can't deal whilst in the EU. I have goods from US, China, Taiwan and South Africa that I can see in my house now. That's without looking hard

A company in the car industry; The Mini plant is just up the road from me and they've be circulating the we'll move argument for a while now

It makes very little difference with a massive percentage of the staff employees being non UK nationals

In my view most we'll leave companies are only here because we are allowing them to use cheaper labour

Case in point the night shift job I had just after I left school now pays over £2000 less than it did 30 years ago

Altfish

Veteran Member
A company in the car industry; The Mini plant is just up the road from me and they've be circulating the we'll move argument for a while now

It makes very little difference with a massive percentage of the staff employees being non UK nationals

In my view most we'll leave companies are only here because we are allowing them to use cheaper labour

Case in point the night shift job I had just after I left school now pays over £2000 less than it did 30 years ago
Like ...
Ford Bridgend?
Airbus
Aviva
Bank of New York, Merryl Lynch
Barclays
British Steel
Credit Suisse
Dyson (Despite being owned by a leading Brexiteer)
Goldman Sachs
Honda
HSBC

You get the picture

Oh and Jason Rees Mogg's Somerset Capital Management

Darkforbid

Like ...
Ford Bridgend?
Airbus
Aviva
Bank of New York, Merryl Lynch
Barclays
British Steel
Credit Suisse
Dyson (Despite being owned by a leading Brexiteer)
Goldman Sachs
Honda
HSBC

You get the picture

Oh and Jason Rees Mogg's Somerset Capital Management

Good I'm glad there going

Any company that thinks it can dictate to the population should have its assets stripped

Darkforbid

That of course was Project Fear but Rees Mogg and Dyson are hypocrites of the greatest type

How old are you, throughout my life every time something that is good for the poorest people in the UK is proposed. The same scaremongering tails are rolled out