• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even Republicans are beginning to notice Trump's dementia.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Today it was Nikki Haley. Trump conflated her with Nancy Pelosi and accused Haley of turning down Trump's offer of 10,000 national guardsmen (something that never happened anyway) for January 6. He tried to blame Haley for it and she was not even in office at the time:

Clizby Wampuscat

Today it was Nikki Haley. Trump conflated her with Nancy Pelosi and accused Haley of turning down Trump's offer of 10,000 national guardsmen (something that never happened anyway) for January 6. He tried to blame Haley for it and she was not even in office at the time:

This is just your clickbait.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox

Trump's 'mental slip ups' have been very obvious for years now. But most pundits seem to focus on Biden's gaffs, mainly I think, because he is older (though note that if Trump is re-elected, he will be oldest person to be sworn in).

What worries me is that with Trump we have mental/cognitive concerns combined with strong-man/neofascist tendencies. THAT, imho, is the important point here.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is just your clickbait.
No, he really did that. I am sure that I can get video of the speech if you like. He accused Nikki Haley of not taking advantage of his imaginary offer. You known the offer that he earlier claimed to make to Pelosi but Trump's own acting Defense Secretary swore under oath that the offer was never made.

What do you need evidence of? I will gladly provide it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Right, you conservatives pretend to be patriots but support a traitor. We liberals, and ethical conservatives, don't get you MAGAs. I wish the ethical conservatives would take over the republican party, and let MAGA try to survive on their own.
Sadly the ethical conservatives realize that they are now a small minority. Many left and became Democrats when they realized that Democrats are not nearly as liberal as Republicans have accused them of being. For example, for quite some time now the Democrats have been the party of fiscal conservatism. And for years I described myself that way when I was trying to stick with the Party. But Clinton was more fiscally conservative than George Bush and Obama, once the recession was over, kept lowering the deficit. It increased again under Trump for no good reasons at all.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Biden has always been a master of gaffe, But he owns up to his errors. Trump only lies about his errors which often have lies in them. No one has said that Biden is perfect. It is just becoming more and more obvious that Trump is far far worse.

Also rememer that Biden grew up with, though eventually mastered, stuttering. So often he has to really 'focus' on what he is going to say so it comes out right. That slows him down.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Also rememer that Biden grew up with, though eventually mastered, stuttering. So often he has to really 'focus' on what he is going to say so it comes out right. That slows him down.
And Trump has the huge advantage of not caring whether what he says is right or not. As a result he can sound very very sure of himself saying very very stupid things. George Washington and the airports is one such example.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Biden has always been a master of gaffe, But he owns up to his errors. Trump only lies about his errors which often have lies in them. No one has said that Biden is perfect. It is just becoming more and more obvious that Trump is far far worse.
He never owns up to his errors. He relies on his spokesman to walk back his statements during the next press conference.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
He never owns up to his errors. He relies on his spokesman to walk back his statements during the next press conference.
Perhaps, but I have my doubts. The problem is that Trump would not even do that.

Let me check quickly:

This is from before the Presidential election, and he does own up to his gaffes and he does have a point, his gaffe3s are not substantial to the issue. They are errors but make no real difference in meaning. Trump cannot claim the same.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Perhaps, but I have my doubts. The problem is that Trump would not even do that.

Let me check quickly:

This is from before the Presidential election, and he does own up to his gaffes and he does have a point, his gaffe3s are not substantial to the issue. They are errors but make no real difference in meaning. Trump cannot claim the same.

Well then, if Biden judges his own mistakes as not being substantial, then they must not be, right? In November, we'll find out what the voters think is substantial.

F1fan

Veteran Member
If mixing up one name with someone else's is a "breakdown", you should take a good, long look at who you defend:
As if anyone is perfect. At least Biden isn't a corrupt, lying, racist who tried to cheat American voters in 2020 like Trump. Biden is getting the job done.

These campaign seasons are job interviews. Who in their right might mind would hire Trump to run their business? No one. Biden isn't loud and bombastic, he gets the job done quietly as you want a manager to do.

If you want a clown who puts on a show, Trump is your guy. He's not fit to be president. The only thing Trump has accomplished in the last 12 months is getting arrested four times. Oh, and wearing lots of makeup, as if that fools anyone. Why do you suppose a 77 year old married man decides to wear so much makeup? Biden doesn't.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Trump's 'mental slip ups' have been very obvious for years now. But most pundits seem to focus on Biden's gaffs, mainly I think, because he is older (though note that if Trump is re-elected, he will be oldest person to be sworn in).

What worries me is that with Trump we have mental/cognitive concerns combined with strong-man/neofascist tendencies. THAT, imho, is the important point here.
Gaffs? Lol.

Biden can't even tell who is who anymore.

The word is cognitive decline, not gaff.