• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone lives like an Atheist

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I don't think that you need a belief in God to have morals. However without a God there is no foundation for morality.

Uh? Aren't you denying the first sentence with the second?

Or are you claiming that morality doesn't necessarily have a foundation?

If there isn't a God and we all got here by a naturalistic big bang, and naturalistic evolution, then morals are something made up and don't have anything to do with reality.

Double uh with a strawberry on the top? !?

How on Earth basic morals on things that are known to exist makes them less connected with reality?

Atheists don't want to believe in fairies in the sky but do want to live with fairytale morals?

Of course not. We prefer realistic morals. Although I guess that is not necessarily the majority view.

In my worldview morals came from God, so what I see are atheists that have no foundation for morality living like there is a foundation for morality, like the world was created by my God, and ignoring the fact that their worldview has morals that are made up from imagination and they live like they are real.

Doesn't that amount to simply wanting to believe that things are different from how they show themselves to be?

Sorry, pal, but no one has any duty to support that kind of self-delusion. Why are you even saying that you have it in the first place?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I don't think that you need a belief in God to have morals. However without a God there is no foundation for morality. If there isn't a God and we all got here by a naturalistic big bang, and naturalistic evolution, then morals are something made up and don't have anything to do with reality. Atheists don't want to believe in fairies in the sky but do want to live with fairytale morals?

I find it rather comical that you would claim that with out god there are no morals when you are unable to prove that this god that the morals depend upon exists.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Like the Pope, riding around in his Pope-mobile sitting in a bulletproof plexi-glass cage. It would seem the Pope has more faith in ability of plexi-glass to protect him then in God.

As Bill Hicks put it, “I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks!"

Like a lightning rod a top a church?

I don't think that you need a belief in God to have morals. However without a God there is no foundation for morality. If there isn't a God and we all got here by a naturalistic big bang, and naturalistic evolution, then morals are something made up and don't have anything to do with reality. Atheists don't want to believe in fairies in the sky but do want to live with fairytale morals?

In my worldview morals came from God, so what I see are atheists that have no foundation for morality living like there is a foundation for morality, like the world was created by my God, and ignoring the fact that their worldview has morals that are made up from imagination and they live like they are real.

morals are like math, it is made up by humans to serve humans.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
no there is logic to living like an atheist.
Obviously. But so does some theism IMO.

It's just sounds odd to say live like an atheist......what in the world does that mean? They all like vanilla ice cream with nuts on top and watch Sam Harris videos?

Anytime you categorize atheism as anything other then non-belief in a deity it just sounds religious.

drsatish

Define "atheist".
If you really take a good look at the word you will see that it is merely a theist.

Wonderful!

If you have NEVER...never... BEEN BRAINWASHED...
about....
...Either THEIS.......mmmmm
or.........ATHEIS.......mmmmmm

WHAT WILL YOU SEE......as...YOU SAW....WHEN you were a ...3 YEAR OLD...?
....THE.....IS.....
....THE.....IS.....
....THE.....IS.....

..................when you Grow Up?????

....probably... ....THE.....IS.....
...THE ..IS........CONVERTED.......TO....THE....ISM!...ISM!...ISM!

Mammmmmaaaaaaaaaa.............Moooooomm.......Da! Da!

Child -> Looks at IS.
Adult -> Looks at ISM !

That is Called Human Growth.....from Childishness to Adultishness...
...from IS ....to ...ISM...

Who Grew?
Satish