• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of One Deity

Tristesse

It is not my job to convince you of the reality of God just like it is not my job to tell you convince you the earth is circling around the sun. If you do not examine within yourself whether a spirit of Deity lives there, your logic and reason will eventually deny the existence of God. Only personal experiences with the Deity will make the seed of faith grow. God seeking is always a personal struggle, not an external harmony with what others have told you or believed.

Are you not a christian? Isn't it your duty as a christian to convince others? If you have a personal experience with a deity, in what sense do you still have faith?

Tonymai

Lonesome Religionist
I am not a Christian, but I did find God in my personal experiences. So my faith in God does not come from believing alone. Parts of it come from experimenting with different beliefs -- atheism, agnosticism and etc. Truth never suffers honest examinations.

crocusj

Facts are at material level. Truths are at spiritual level. They are not the same. You learn/know facts, but you experience/live truths.
Well, that's not strictly accurate, is it? Facts are facts whether you learn/know them or otherwise. And your definition of truths becomes personally interpretive and therefore pretty inadequate beyond yourself. What you seem to be saying (correct me if I'm wrong) is that "Deity" exists beyond doubt and any doubter is such because of never having "experienced" this deity. So, in effect, all bets are off evidence wise. Hmm, that's fair enough I suppose - each to his own god - but it is hardly truth except to oneself and therefore open to the logic that you have experienced deity so it exists then I have not experienced deity so it does not exist. My truth is carries the same weight as yours, can both be the truth?

Tonymai

Lonesome Religionist
Well, that's not strictly accurate, is it? Facts are facts whether you learn/know them or otherwise. And your definition of truths becomes personally interpretive and therefore pretty inadequate beyond yourself. What you seem to be saying (correct me if I'm wrong) is that "Deity" exists beyond doubt and any doubter is such because of never having "experienced" this deity. So, in effect, all bets are off evidence wise. Hmm, that's fair enough I suppose - each to his own god - but it is hardly truth except to oneself and therefore open to the logic that you have experienced deity so it exists then I have not experienced deity so it does not exist. My truth is carries the same weight as yours, can both be the truth?

Facts can be learned/known, but you do not know all the facts. Truth can be experienced, but you have not experienced all. Creatures have absolute sovereignty regarding their choice. God does not impose anything upon the will decisions of man who is no more than finite. A finite being can not comprehend what means by absolute; therefore, the best position he can have is taking on a relative perspective intellectually. However, intellect does not include all human experiences.

outhouse

Atheistically
Here is the evidence of one God, all life forms are similar enough to be created by one God.

:slap:

:facepalm:

We know all life forms evolved on this planet.

No creation story has ever been even close to reality. What science knows however does follow reality

atanu

Premium Member
Well, that's not strictly accurate, is it? Facts are facts whether you learn/know them or otherwise. And your definition of truths becomes personally interpretive and therefore pretty inadequate beyond yourself.

I think he is taking data as fact. And you are taking fact as truth. :D

What you seem to be saying (correct me if I'm wrong) is that "Deity" exists beyond doubt and any doubter is such because of never having "experienced" this deity. So, in effect, all bets are off evidence wise. Hmm, that's fair enough I suppose - each to his own god - but it is hardly truth except to oneself and therefore open to the logic that you have experienced deity so it exists then I have not experienced deity so it does not exist. My truth is carries the same weight as yours, can both be the truth?

I will like to put in slightly different words.

Every one experiences nothing but the deity in all experiences, which is the power of awareness and power of speech, neither of which any human has ever created. And most humans have not examined origin of their awareness and life but just assume that they own these two powers. Some scientists hypothesize origin of life and awareness from non-intelligent matter that they see/surmise, using these very given powers, without even recognising the fallacy.

It is the unknown that is all the time experienced by every one in the known.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The theory of evolution by natural selection is perfectly able to explain why animals are similar enough. Hardly proof of God.

I know, hence the Gibb's headslap smilie for being sarcastic. :D