• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution and atheism

evolved yet?

A Young Evolutionist
You can believe evolution and atheism, you can believe evolution and theism but you can't believe atheism and not evolution.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Technically that is true, but rather unlikely these days. It would take very poor access to current biological knowledge.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Technically that is true, but rather unlikely these days. It would take very poor access to current biological knowledge.
It happens, sad to say. Anyway, the comment I was responding to said "can't," not "probably won't."

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
It's cute, isn't it? Like that guy who thought he'd solved division by zero by making up the word "nullity".

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I've already destroyed all so called evidence for evolution with logic and reason so why keep debating the same thing? I've seen all the data for evolution and it is lacking, I get bored repeating the same things.

Really? Could you point to the thread or post where that happened? Because all I've ever seen is
(1) a denial that there is any evidence AND
(2) a refusal to look at the evidence.

To my knowledge you are completely ignorant about that evidence, and do everything in your power to remain so.

In fact, don't you accept 90% of ToE, and differ only in the number of common ancestors? That's odd that you virtually accept a theory you've "destroyed." It's also odd you haven't been nominated for a Nobel prize.

I'll put it differently. You're lying. Prove me wrong.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I've already destroyed all so called evidence for evolution with logic and reason so why keep debating the same thing? I've seen all the data for evolution and it is lacking, I get bored repeating the same things.

Actually, closing your eyes, sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly does not destroy the evidence for evolution, it just prevents you from seeing or hearing it.

Wotan

Originally Posted by Man of Faith

Not as bored as we get reading your stuff.:(

How do you explain Todd Wood and Kenneth Miller?

Oh wait I remember now. They aren't REAL Christians.
:rolleyes:

Man of Faith

Originally Posted by Man of Faith

Not as bored as we get reading your stuff.:(

How do you explain Todd Wood and Kenneth Miller?

Oh wait I remember now. They aren't REAL Christians.:rolleyes:

They are Christians that want acceptance by the world. They want to try to reconcile evolution and their faith because they are under the false impression that it is necessary to do that in order to show that their faith is reasonable. They don't realize that, that reconciliation actually destroys their faith and the book they get it from.

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
They are Christians that want acceptance by the world. They want to try to reconcile evolution and their faith because they are under the false impression that it is necessary to do that in order to show that their faith is reasonable. They don't realize that, that reconciliation actually destroys their faith and the book they get it from.
It would destroy your faith. Clearly theirs is made of tougher stuff than yours.

Tristesse

So, Kenneth Miller, who is a molecular biologist just wants acceptence in the world? This is a man who was instrumental in the dover vs kitz-miller case, and who wrote the biology text books for high school. He's a christian who understands that the bible isn't a science book. In fact, most bishops accept evolution, because the evidence is overwhelming. So, don't try and play it up like they're just yearning for acceptance in the world.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Or maybe, unlike MoF, they actually looked at the evidence.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The OP is an Atheist and promotes evolution, need we say anymore?
This is an Ad Hominem.

This is actually a perfect textbook example of an ad hominem and I think people should take notice. Most people misunderstand what an ad hominem attack is, they tend to think that it is just an insult, but that is not what it means. And insult need not be an ad hominem, and an ad hominem need not be an insult. An ad hominem fallacy is when the comment is directed at the person and not at the person’s arguments. What MoF has done here is a perfect example. He is dismissing the evidence simply because an irrelevant detail about the person who presented the evidence.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

Actually, you have been presented with numerous opportunities to fulfill your promise of "destroying the evidence for evolution" and you have yet to keep your word in doing so.

Denial =/= Destroy.
Atheism =/= Evolution
Evolution =/= No God
Christian =/= Literal Biblical Creationist