• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution and Creationism: because ...

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
A Cheviot and a Mercedes are built pretty much the same way, but by different manufacturers in different countries. Maybe it isn't possible to build a car without all the same components. They all need an engine for example.

But I wonder why God is so fascinated by apes to make the pinnacle of His creation, the very reason He created the cosmos for, look like a hairless gorilla.

I would have expected Him to use a completely different mold for something in His, and His son, image. After all, he used a whole lot of different molds. Flies and trees look pretty different, for instance. So, He does not seem to shy away from using a whole plethora of different designs. So, why not one more to really make it obvious that we are something different, and put all those evolutionary atheists to rest?

To use your analogy, your God manufactured cars, shakers, elevators, airplanes, vacuum cleaners, and a whole lot of things that are very different from each others.

My question is why we and bonobos are in the same design category. E.g. Cars.

Ciao

- viole

McBell

Admiral Obvious
See that is the difference between you and me, you are trying to educate me and I'm trying to debate with you. I'm not trying to educate you, I personally don't give a damn if you ever learn the truth of a Creator.
Is it that you do not understand that it is your blatant ignorance of the topics you are trying to debate that prevents you from anything that resembles actual debate on the topics?

I'm just standing my ground.
You word it as "standing my ground".
I word it as "proudly wallowing in ignorance"

Brian Schuh

Is it that you do not understand that it is your blatant ignorance of the topics you are trying to debate that prevents you from anything that resembles actual debate on the topics?

You word it as "standing my ground".
I word it as "proudly wallowing in ignorance"
I said way back in this thread to move the debate from science to history, to see if you can hold your ground. I'm still waiting.

Brian Schuh

What fallacy is it you think I have committed?

no, you want convincing, evidence be damned.

I wonder if you even understand that....
Without sending me a paper explaining carbon dating, just answer the question, how can one presume to know how radioactive something is a hell of a long time ago?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I said way back in this thread to move the debate from science to history, to see if you can hold your ground. I'm still waiting.
You have fared no better in history than you have in science.
You should request a move to the realm of "beliefs, truth and facts be damned", because thus far that is what you have demonstrated you excell at.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A Cheviot and a Mercedes are built pretty much the same way, but by different manufacturers in different countries. Maybe it isn't possible to build a car without all the same components. They all need an engine for example.
Teslas don't need engines.

Brian Schuh

You have fared no better in history than you have in science.
You should request a move to the realm of "beliefs, truth and facts be damned", because thus far that is what you have demonstrated you excell at.
Attacking me isn't helping your case. Rather it makes you look bad.

Brian Schuh

Yes you are.
Are you ever going to stop ignoring the question?
I mean, you did claim I was using a fallacy.
The fallacy of carbon dating. Say it is a fact until you are blue in the face, and it doesn't make it convincing. Answer my question about carbon dating. I believe it's because you can't.

Brian Schuh

Let's take this to mythology. How did early people's explain the beginning? Just about all of them have a Creation story. But there were a few that have mythology of evolution. Right, there are ancient myths saying we evolved from animals over millions of years. Just an interesting fact. There were ancient people who think like y'all and wrote myths about it.