• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution, maybe someone can explain?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Unless I must such as taking necessary courses for school, I will only look at a website explaining evolution if I can ask questions of the person directing me to the website about what the website says regarding evolution.
Because?

Dan From Smithville

These are not the droids you're looking for. O-WK
Staff member
Premium Member
What website?
You know what I've learned from this particular website is that there are those that profess to love Chevy's, but will not say why. And even though it is understandable, since it is completely irrelevant in a science discussion, I obsess on that with the unwavering devotion and compulsion of a steel trap.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
What website?
This thread named "Evolution, maybe someone can explain?" And not named "Evolution, maybe someone can explain? And Christians explain why you believe in God".

On a thread entitled "Evolution, maybe someone can explain?" why would you hound, harass and obsess upon a question that has nothing to do with the OP? I can't explain it. It doesn't makes sense to me. I can't see how it would make sense to any rational person.

You might as well hound people for what they think about frogs, or muscle cars, or concertos, or their favorite Vegas entertainer. It makes no sense to ask irrelevant questions in a discussion about science. Would you corner someone and hound them to answer questions about their faith if the subject was the best cookie recipes. Of course you wouldn't. I don't think any reasonable person would. I don't find it good fruit to behave that way and ask questions like that.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You apparently think it gets on @Dan From Smithville's nerves.
Or under their skin.
Thus the reason you keep bringing it up.
I find it rather amusing myself.
That you are so obsessed with it.
And that @Dan From Smithville's flat refusal to play your game is so annoying for you.
It was annoying at first. Since then it has been amusing. I find the tactic to be incredibly hypocritical and doing a disservice to Christianity. I think it makes Christians look horrible. But I've come to consider it useful to point out the flaws in the tactic rather than be annoyed by it. To laugh at it. I'm sort of curious how long it will be sustained when it means nothing and no one has any reason to bow to the demands of someone that should be concerned about what they are doing how it doesn't appear to be good or right.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
This thread named "Evolution, maybe someone can explain?" And not named "Evolution, maybe someone can explain? And Christians explain why you believe in God".

On a thread entitled "Evolution, maybe someone can explain?" why would you hound, harass and obsess upon a question that has nothing to do with the OP? I can't explain it. It doesn't makes sense to me. I can't see how it would make sense to any rational person.

You might as well hound people for what they think about frogs, or muscle cars, or concertos, or their favorite Vegas entertainer. It makes no sense to ask irrelevant questions in a discussion about science. Would you corner someone and hound them to answer questions about their faith if the subject was the best cookie recipes. Of course you wouldn't. I don't think any reasonable person would. I don't find it good fruit to behave that way and ask questions like that.

You said this
But creationists continue to beat on these past successes as if that is critical to refuting abiogenesis or evolution in any modern sense. And always demeaning the science, while never demonstrating some alternative they tout.

So I said this.
The alternative to be touted is the miracle that is all of existence itself.

And we simply disagreed on our philosophies

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
STILL beating that dead horse?

It is not the "ace in the hole" you think it is.
It's funny, this all started about 2 years ago on a thread about demons. I asked a simple question. How do you know that a person is possessed by a demon and not simply experiencing mental health issues? Instead of answering that question, these allegedly devout and spiritually superior people tried to turn it around and demanded to know how I, as a Christian, didn't believe in demons. I never said that. That doesn't seem to matter to them. I asked a question that they clearly couldn't be answered. After repeating my question several times and receiving the same types of non-responses, I gave up. But someone seems to have made it their mission in life to harass and persecute me at every opportunity apparently. Punishment for my honest question perhaps.

I have come to view it as an accolade of my success. I rather enjoy pointing that out on occasion. I find it pleasing.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You said this

So I said this.
The alternative to be touted is the miracle that is all of existence itself.

And we simply disagreed on our philosophies
I have no idea what your philosophy is to agree or disagree with it. I don't understand the point you were making before or are trying to make now. As best I can determine you have synthesized your own version of theism that is uniquely yours and for which the details are murky and a bit confusing. I have no idea what you mean by miracle or what you mean when you say all of creation is a miracle.

To be honest, I've lost interest in knowing and accept that you believe something and am happy for you.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
I have no idea what your philosophy is to agree or disagree with it. I don't understand the point you were making before or are trying to make now. As best I can determine you have synthesized your own version of theism that is uniquely yours and for which the details are murky and a bit confusing. I have no idea what you mean by miracle or what you mean when you say all of creation is a miracle.

To be honest, I've lost interest in knowing and accept that you believe something and am happy for you.
Cool